New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

If Kovy does not sign with LA I will eat my Stevens jersey. Book it!

Quoted for future reference. smilydev.gif

Saying Nicole Kovalchuk is a former entertainer is like saying I'm a former sportswriter. The gig she'd most likely get in LA would involve garters and dollar bills.

I would personally support that.

Btw, when are we going to have government funding for OBGYN offices for animals? RUN by animals... it's only fair. You ladies wouldn't let a red panda check you out down there right?

I've seen a few red pandas down there myself, so I don't see why not. dontknow.gif

... when I was pegged for being in the mob and killing people and being dirty and blah blah blah because I'm an Italian from Jersey?

The world's not as politically correct as it should be. ...

Yeah, sure, that's why they thought you were a dirty wop. dry.gif

The World is far too PC if you ask me. Comedy is being PC'd right out the window.

I'm going to go watch some old Dean Martin Roasts now. Don Rickles FTW!!!

Eh... LA doesn't have the mass transit that NY does... I'd leave the game when it was half over too to avoid LA traffic.

From what I hear LA traffic is some of the worst in the country. I'd leave that sh!t early also.

F that! Drink til the roads are clear.

Behold the asparagus fern.

asparagus-fern.jpg

Dude! You buried Sideshow Bob!!!

... If he does come to us and has to 'settle' then we won't see his best and we'll have to pay though the nose to get it.Scoops

I think he would give NJ his all. I don't see him "not trying" his best on ANY team. He is a competitor, I think, all though why he would want the kings over the Devs is beyond me.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But only for $10M.

He might want to consider the snack stand. The pros would be no cap, which would mean the stand owner doesn't need to worry about signing him to a contract that would cause the least amount of cap hit.

The con would be that the stand owner would have a lot less money to spend than an NHL team.

Of course, free M&M's sweeten the deal.

now I haven't been to into the thread ever since ... maybe page 175'ish (wow what have we done here in this thread that I can say that?!) so maybe someone explained this already, but where did this garbage about his wife wanting LA come from? is this some "my brothers friends mothers niece who dated kovie's wifes sister once removed said this is fullest confidence but I'm going to bless my message boards friends with this super secret knowledge because I'm just that kinda guy" rumors or is it based on someone pulling stuff out of their a$$ ala Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) ?

or does someone have a link to a article of any credibility that has this stated somewhere. I feel WAY to much is being made about this supposed love for LA from Kovalchuk's wife. I mean the place is WAY cooler to live than Jersey lets be honest (beaches, year round sun, Vegas near by, Hollywood near by, etc) but still Kovie genuinely seemed to enjoy it here because of the strongly Russian areas and the low key environment, but again all of that is based mostly on conjecture so ... :noclue:

Oh and by the way there should be like a system wide message to all users that the (2.3% accurate) thing happens all by itself without any need to type it out yourself. I don't know why it always bothers me, but its just bugs me when I see 2 of it up there in people's posts ... and just plain baffles me everytime I see it 3+ times (just why???)

Oh and by the way there should be like a system wide message to all users that the (2.3% accurate) thing happens all by itself without any need to type it out yourself. I don't know why it always bothers me, but its just bugs me when I see 2 of it up there in people's posts ... and just plain baffles me everytime I see it 3+ times (just why???)

I'm pretty sure it just automatically adds it again for every additional team it is written on a page.

Actually it's a code in the website, whenever Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is written (even if you are quoting someone else saying Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)) it puts in the (2.3% accurate). So when you quote someone else who said it, it takes the already existing tags and adds a new one.

Real_ESPNLeBrun

Via email Kings GM Dean Lombardi declines any comment regarding his meeting today with Kovalchuk camp.

So who wants to hypothesize about what this means?

Ask ben00rs....he has quite the imagination.

I, for one, don't give a fvck anymore.....I just wanna see what happens with our prospects and if Rolston gets moved :pray:

Well, In Cali they have the "doctors" right in or next to the "Marijuana marts" ready to write you a perscription. Def the most convienient place to buy. I'm not sure that the ability to buy pot factors in to Kovy's decision though. I would guess he doesn't smoke.

Maybe the delay with the signing is that Kovy keeps saying 'Dave's not here man' every time Lombardi tries to call him.

Joe

Real_ESPNLeBrun

Via email Kings GM Dean Lombardi declines any comment regarding his meeting today with Kovalchuk camp.

So who wants to hypothesize about what this means?

:huh:

Maybe they flew Kovalchuk out there only to hear him say, "Nyet. I don't think so."

:rofl:

Ask ben00rs....he has quite the imagination.

Agreed. *bows* But what are you referring to?

Anyways, I would say it means the Kings are going to call off talks with Kovy again because his wife is demanding a movie deal and a recording contract along with Kovy's 8 million dollars a year.

Saying Nicole Kovalchuk is a former entertainer is like saying I'm a former sportswriter. The gig she'd most likely get in LA would involve garters and dollar bills.

Sheesh... Nicole ??? (Kovalchuk) was the lead singer in the Russian pop band Mirage prior to marrying Ilya.

Musicians dig their music and have a heart for cool stuff like NAMM in Anaheim each January and of course the Grammys in LA.

The band Mirage, Nicole is the Blonde

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

Sheesh... Nicole ??? (Kovalchuk) was the lead singer in the Russian pop band Mirage prior to marrying Ilya.

Musicians dig their music and have a heart for cool stuff like NAMM in Anaheim each January and of course the Grammys in LA.

The band Mirage, Nicole is the Blonde

yeah, and Fedor Fedorov recorded some tracks too. the closest she'd get to the Grammys, again, is a strip club down the block.

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is saying the Devils have the advantage so expect him to sign with LA soon.

Guaranteed he goes to LA because his wife likes it. She will be seduced by the left coast's aura. I am sure they are out west looking at real estate etc.

Santa Monica, notoriety, Malibu sure beats ...West Caldwell, obscurity and LBI. The novveau riche will fall for Calif everytime. The Canadian boys ( ie Scott Stevens, Brodeur, Dano) on the otherhand can see through the trappings and have made a very good life for themselves here in the Garden State.

If Kovy does pick the Devils...he will have me as a fan for life...