The gate is open...

Blown01NJ

Which would you all rather hear/see?

1) The Somebody Left the Gate Open commercial

or

2) That Christmas commercial for I think it was Hyundai where the man and woman duo are singing the entire commercial.

I'd take #1 any day to be honest.

#1 any day of the week. I seriously think Hyundai did years of brand damage with those commercials... "Oh, so you only sell Hyundai's to hipsters from Portland and Williamsburg? Okay."

Edited by DJ Eco

Oh man. I had NO idea what this thread was about until I saw that video above. My god I HATE this commercial. HATE HATE. I forgot it existed until seeing that video.

Are you telling me this pile is back on TV??? :blink:

Edit: I stopped the video at 0:20. Once I realized what it was I put an end to it real quick.

Edit 2: My current commercial annoyance are the spots with those 2 Geico clowns with the mandolins or banjos or whatever they are playing. They ruin every commercial. The ad with Eddie Money's travel agency is an awesome commercial until those two morons come on and strike up their smug backwoods band.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

Which would you all rather hear/see?

1) The Somebody Left the Gate Open commercial

or

2) That Christmas commercial for I think it was Hyundai where the man and woman duo are singing the entire commercial.

I'd take #1 any day to be honest.

Wheres the I'd rather chew on glass option? No. 2 was insanity-inducing

Oh man. I had NO idea what this thread was about until I saw that video above. My god I HATE this commercial. HATE HATE. I forgot it existed until seeing that video.

Are you telling me this pile is back on TV??? :blink:

Edit: I stopped the video at 0:20. Once I realized what it was I put an end to it real quick.

Edit 2: My current commercial annoyance are the spots with those 2 Geico clowns with the mandolins or banjos or whatever they are playing. They ruin every commercial. The ad with Eddie Money's travel agency is an awesome commercial until those two morons come on and strike up their smug backwoods band.

Are you kidding me? Eddie Money sounds atrocious in that commercial. I feel embarrassed for him when it plays. He sounds like he had a damn stroke, it's awful.

Are you kidding me? Eddie Money sounds atrocious in that commercial. I feel embarrassed for him when it plays. He sounds like he had a damn stroke, it's awful.

Thats what makes it so great! Look at his eyes when hes doing the "whoa oh whoa oh ohohhh" part. I think he's playing a parody of himself. But he does like ragged i'll give you that.

Thats what makes it so great! Look at his eyes when hes doing the "whoa oh whoa oh ohohhh" part. I think he's playing a parody of himself. But he does like ragged i'll give you that.

Fair enough. They're all meant to be funny to begin with, but when Eddie Money sings, he sounds that bad. His face might be funny looking, but damn, he just sounds bad. Or maybe it's just because I hate Geico commercials. The only one I liked was the one where the guy does karoake with his personal ad. That one kills me, every time.

This is the long version of it, but they had one where it was cut to probably 30 secs, made it all the funnier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jiSBP9toK_w

Eddie Money reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield in that commercial.

Holy crap, he does!

Ever see the video for "Shakin'"? It came out in '81 or '82 I think. Eddie makes a bunch of odd facial expressions near the end. Apparently, judging from this commercial, he now looks like he did at the end of "Shakin'" ALL OF THE TIME!

I'm sorry, but it cracks me up every time I see Gallagher go nuts in the farmers market. His laugh after the last melon smash in particular. He looks like the happiest man alive.

The beginnings of the Geico ads don't bother me usually. It's that duo of dolts at the end who think it's a good idea to follow each commercial with a strumming hootenanny.

Fair enough. They're all meant to be funny to begin with, but when Eddie Money sings, he sounds that bad. His face might be funny looking, but damn, he just sounds bad. Or maybe it's just because I hate Geico commercials. The only one I liked was the one where the guy does karoake with his personal ad. That one kills me, every time.

This is the long version of it, but they had one where it was cut to probably 30 secs, made it all the funnier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jiSBP9toK_w

Oh Ronald you will find love