Next season, player actions

LucifersDog

we can't use the amnesty on Salvador (I don't believe at least) and why trade loktionov if the absolute best you'll get back is a 5th?

Why can't we amnesty Salvador?

I like Loktionov, but where are we gonna use him next year?  He's best suited as a 2nd line center with skilled players as his wingers.

Why can't we amnesty Salvador?

I like Loktionov, but where are we gonna use him next year? He's best suited as a 2nd line center with skilled players as his wingers.

sorry my bad I forgot the deadline date for compliance was September 2012 I thought it was July, so yes he makes the cut. But either way Lou won't do it.

I don't think well get anything for loktionov if he was worth a fifth 2 years prior and hasn't been able to crack our lineup...

sorry my bad I forgot the deadline date for compliance was September 2012 I thought it was July, so yes he makes the cut. But either way Lou won't do it.

I don't think well get anything for loktionov if he was worth a fifth 2 years prior and hasn't been able to crack our lineup...

They gave teams 2 years I think to amnesty players.

Even a 5th is enough for Lokti.  Kid's got skill, and has shown the ability to be good when given skilled wingers.

Edited by Mike Brown

They gave teams 2 years I think to amnesty players.

Even a 5th is enough for Lokti. Kid's got skill, and has shown the ability to be good when given skilled wingers.

yeah I know my question was when sal was signed. Any contract after September 2012 is not eligible. Sal was July so he can be amnestied but I wasn't sure.

Even a 5th is enough for Lokti.  Kid's got skill, and has shown the ability to be good when given skilled wingers.

Why on earth would you want to trade Lokti, who's proven he can play, for a 5th round pick, which is a longshot at best?  How would that possibly help the team?

Why on earth would you want to trade Lokti, who's proven he can play, for a 5th round pick, which is a longshot at best?  How would that possibly help the team?

Well I don't "want" to, but I just don't see how he fits on this team.  I'd be fine with keeping him.  He's an RFA at the end of the season, so chances are he's gone anyways.

definently need to make some different changes around here.. im sure gionta will not be going anywhere.. id like to re sign jagr and carter also lokti is useless as well as bernier they can both hit the high road

most of the changes proposed so far in this thread are switching out fourth liners... Will that really make a difference between an 85 point team and a 100 point team?

I would buy out Volchenkov,  the Devils have one amnesty buyouts left

I would let Zidlicky walk away, he was a good player for us this year but I think Gelinas will be able to take over his spot. 

Those two moves should help us with the defenseman log jam that we have,

My next move would be to go after Stastny,  I know its going to cost the Devils some major money to sign him but i think its worth it

Next I try to sign Moulson. 

Next I sign Schneider to a long term deal again its going to cost us some money but he is worth it

Depending on how much cap space i have left I would re sign Jagr

Signing Statsny then Moulson? Its wishful thinking, the money for both would be out of this world. Kiss Schneider goodbye if that happens.

I would buy out Volchenkov, the Devils have one amnesty buyouts left

I would let Zidlicky walk away, he was a good player for us this year but I think Gelinas will be able to take over his spot.

Those two moves should help us with the defenseman log jam that we have,

My next move would be to go after Stastny, I know its going to cost the Devils some major money to sign him but i think its worth it

Next I try to sign Moulson.

Next I sign Schneider to a long term deal again its going to cost us some money but he is worth it

Depending on how much cap space i have left I would re sign Jagr

Signing Statsny then Moulson? Its wishful thinking, the money for both would be out of this world. Kiss Schneider goodbye if that happens.

The Cap is going up to $71M next year.  It might even go up higher than that the following season.  It's too soon to try and predict how the cap will affect any Schneider re-signing.

I get that. I'm talking this off season. Adding Statsny, then Moulson and extending Schneider will be difficult. Those two scorers will command $5 mill aand upwards most apt. Can't see us getting both.quote name="Mike Brown" post="1246718" timestamp="1392941059"]

The Cap is going up to $71M next year. It might even go up higher than that the following season. It's too soon to try and predict how the cap will affect any Schneider re-signing.

I'd kill for Statsny. He seems like a leader and all around great. Moulson seems more one sided. I don't watch Moulson much so if I'm wrong sorry, we need the speed they both bring. And thanks Solar, didn't know how much cap we had, that's a nice number there!

Moulson is a very underrated player I think mainly because he played for three teams that weren't exactly stellar when he was there.

http://capgeek.com/devils

Summer 2014:  ~25m in space.

Summer 2015:  ~17.5m additionally coming off.

The Devils have literally a boatload of money coming off the books in the next few years..adding salary shouldn't be a problem.  The only significant internal re-signing the Devils will need to do in the next two years is Schneider ( :pray:  :pray:  :pray: ) so they'll have ample spending ability. 

The only problem is luring UFAs here.  I mean, do you really want to throw 5-6m+/year at Moulson?  Because I have a feeling that's what it's going to take to get him here...vast over-payment.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Summer 2014: ~25m in space.

Summer 2015: ~17.5m additionally coming off.

The Devils have literally a boatload of money coming off the books in the next few years..adding salary shouldn't be a problem. The only significant internal re-signing the Devils will need to do in the next two years is Schneider ( :pray::pray::pray: ) so they'll have ample spending ability.

The only problem is luring UFAs here. I mean, do you really want to throw 5-6m+/year at Moulson? Because I have a feeling that's what it's going to take to get him here...vast over-payment.

It is figuratively a boatload of money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5-6 for him isn't really a vast over payment though, not anymore more so.quote name="Devilsfan118" post="1246728" timestamp="1392945175"]

Summer 2014: ~25m in space.

Summer 2015: ~17.5m additionally coming off.

The Devils have literally a boatload of money coming off the books in the next few years..adding salary shouldn't be a problem. The only significant internal re-signing the Devils will need to do in the next two years is Schneider ( :pray::pray::pray: ) so they'll have ample spending ability.

The only problem is luring UFAs here. I mean, do you really want to throw 5-6m+/year at Moulson? Because I have a feeling that's what it's going to take to get him here...vast over-payment.

Edited by CarterforPresident