You

PutTheForkDown

I'm pissed about the losing but I could never turn my back on this team. Too much state pride entangled.

I don't think anyone actually wants to give up on the team or isn't a real fan. After all, we dedicate precious hours we could be using to play xbox or fornicate to interact here.

You can't blame people for being scared and reacting as they have given the circumstances. If everyone were calm about losing 6 straight, that would be kind of disturbing, don't you think?

While I agree some should be more levelheaded in their posting, keep in mind WE ARE HARDCORE AND WE NEVER MISS A GAME... I'm sorry, that "we're the puckheads" commercial from a few years ago got stuck in my head again. What was I saying? Oh yeah, keep in mind it's a fvcking fan forum and strong emotions are what being a fan is all about.

Heh, some perspective from Bruce Boudreau of all people...saying 'remember the Arizona Cardinals - clinched the division and went to sleep for three weeks and once the playoffs hit they went to the super bowl'

So yes we're playing like crap, but no that doesn't mean it HAS to be a quick exit...

I don't think anyone actually wants to give up on the team or isn't a real fan. After all, we dedicate precious hours we could be using to play xbox or fornicate to interact here.

Exactly. Questioning the loyalty of people who take the time to watch the games and comment on them is ridiculous. Now back to fornicating.

So you didnt read it...Then why are you commenting?

Because I'm not gonna read every war and peace posting someone makes either about how this team sucks or how we're not real fans because we're upset they are playing bad. I scanned it got the general idea. I think anyone who belongs to a message board for a team is a better then average fan. Just because we see a bad trend and don't see us coming out of it doesn't mean we arn't as good as fan as those who blindly hold out hope.

I'm pissed about the losing but I could never turn my back on this team.

Same here. That's why I get so frustrated when this team doesn't play like we all know they can, but it's no reason to completely panic. Just look at the thread from the other day that showed our records in the last 15 games (correct me if i'm wrong) in 2000 and 2003 and we weren't on tears going into the playoffs and look at the outcome. This team will turn it around. Like someone said earlier in this thread that all we need is a win to get our confidence back, even just getting a lucky bounce can restore the confidence. I can't wait for tomorrow to see how we respond after last nights loss. Keep the Faith.

An important distinction has to be made between people frustrated with the team, and those giving up on it. Just because someone makes a thread criticizing the Devils doesn't mean that they aren't a 'true fan,' and thus doesn't make him/her a 'fair-weather fan.' Perhaps that person cares about the team enough to feel bothered by the recent play, and makes a thread trying to vent their anger as a result.

Even when people say that they are "Done with this team," there is likely no strong meaning behind such a statement. In that sh!t game against the Pens on Wednesday I told myself multiple times that I would just give up on the game and watch something else. But for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I sat there and watched every fvcking goal be put in against and our team, through to the end, and watched the post-game just as I always do.

Why did I not change the channel? For this I do not have an answer. But what I do know is that while I continued to curse-out the team and yell at my TV for giving up a touchdown, I did not become any less of a fan. Maybe caring so much about the team is what caused me to be so angry, yet still watch the game all the way through to the end.

Any fan who finds the time to come to this site every week is a Real Fan. Everyone reacts to situations like these differently. I have arguments with my Dad about the team all the time. I'm always arguing that this team has the talent, depth, and size to do some damage in the playoffs. My Dad has been saying the whole year, that this team is really no different than last year. And he's obviously feeling pretty right at the moment. But even my Dad is a true fan. He cheers just as loud as I do when they score, he's always following the team and analyzing the devils to death.

While I agree some should be more levelheaded in their posting, keep in mind WE ARE HARDCORE AND WE NEVER MISS A GAME... I'm sorry, that "we're the puckheads" commercial from a few years ago got stuck in my head again. What was I saying? Oh yeah, keep in mind it's a fvcking fan forum and strong emotions are what being a fan is all about.

I wonder how many of the people whining experience the dreaded 1994 ECF. I can't imagine feeling any WORSE after a sporting event. My girlfriend is a Rangers fan (boo hiss, I know), and I sat through the entirety of both the 3-0 loss (on TV) and the 6-1 loss to the Penguins (in the arena) with her. Both were rough, but nothing compares to 1994. I just remember I saw my favorite team raise the cup LIVE twice, and on TV once. Part of being a fan is suffering through the down times... they make the good times so much sweeter. I don't care if you post on this board... if you can't watch the clock tick down to 0 in a loss, you are a fair weather fan.

I wonder how many of the people whining experience the dreaded 1994 ECF. I can't imagine feeling any WORSE after a sporting event. My girlfriend is a Rangers fan (boo hiss, I know), and I sat through the entirety of both the 3-0 loss (on TV) and the 6-1 loss to the Penguins (in the arena) with her. Both were rough, but nothing compares to 1994. I just remember I saw my favorite team raise the cup LIVE twice, and on TV once. Part of being a fan is suffering through the down times... they make the good times so much sweeter. I don't care if you post on this board... if you can't watch the clock tick down to 0 in a loss, you are a fair weather fan.

I turned off game 7 on '01 with 15 seconds left. I think it was warrented. I have yet to see Ray Bourque get the Cup in game form, commerical obviously, yes, but the thought made me cringe. I think you need to edit. If I was at the game, I would stay. But I'm not, so screw him.

I'm pretty sure I was semi-catatonic after that series... I was so upset, I barely said 20 words in two days. Seriously. Worst loss I've ever experienced.

I turned off game 7 on '01 with 15 seconds left. I think it was warrented. I have yet to see Ray Bourque get the Cup in game form, commerical obviously, yes, but the thought made me cringe. I think you need to edit. If I was at the game, I would stay. But I'm not, so screw him.

I watched game 7 in '01 to the end, but the TV was turned off immediately after the clock read triple 0's- almost instantaneously. Just as brutal as '94.

I have spoken poorly of the team in some of my recent posts and although I am upset and ashamed of the performance they are showing right now, and believe they will be tossed in the first round if they don't turn it back on I am still with this team to the end. I will still as always claim this team as my favorite regardless of where they end thier playoff run.

As always GO DEVILS!!!!! However if they are gunna go they need to start going FAST cause time is running out.

Well, yeah, playing like this and they're out in 4. But I think they can turn it around; they didn't get into this funk by being decimated by injuries - if that were the case I'd really be worried. But this is between the ears and that's fixable if you find the right buttons to push.

It's possible having so few games to fix it may help instill a sense of urgency that will snap them out of it. I'm not terribly concerned yet. If they don't play well tonite then I'd be concerned. I don't mean perfect; we just need to see the usual signs that Devils Hockey is making a comeback. Once they start to feel like they're getting into a bit of a groove they'll build on it. But tonite, at home, against a team playing out the string who just lost one of their best players, when they honor Marty (and play in front of Kevin)...well the table's just set. The score doesn't matter as much as how the team plays; I'd rather a complete 3-2 win than a lackluster 4-1 effort made to look better by two softees or something.

Any fan who finds the time to come to this site every week is a Real Fan. Everyone reacts to situations like these differently. I have arguments with my Dad about the team all the time. I'm always arguing that this team has the talent, depth, and size to do some damage in the playoffs. My Dad has been saying the whole year, that this team is really no different than last year. And he's obviously feeling pretty right at the moment. But even my Dad is a true fan. He cheers just as loud as I do when they score, he's always following the team and analyzing the devils to death.

That is not entirely true. But I do know what you mean

That was definitely the most heartbreaking moment in my