GDT: Devils at Predators (Devils west) 8:00 PM

Jerzey

The only way we could score on the amazing Carter Hutton were thru two fluke goals. Something needs to be changed system-wise so we are generating more shots AND not just generating them from Salvador's weak wrist shots from the blue line. I swear we make ECHL goalies look like HOF'ers.

Edited by devlman

There you go again with if I watched the games sh!t. If you think broduer has been good this year, you don't watch the games. I also didn't say you said cory was worse, but the fact of the matter is cory is leaps and bounds better and wasn't getting the play time he should because PDB thinks Marty still is a good option, much like how a few misguided individuals think that he still can play goalie competitively on a nightly basis.

Also that last sentence makes very little sense. If you are implying that the team scores more for marty as if martys stick handling in the back is why they score more. All I have to say is, show me the stats were our scoring chances/shots on goal and possession numbers are significantly better with Marty as opposed to cory. Just because the team gets luck and finishes more when Marty has been in net for the 1st half of the season doesn't mean that Marty's stick handling is why they actually finish.

i said that about his puck handeling based on what some of the players have said to reporters.. if you read any of the interviews that the reporters did in the first half of the season then you would know what i was talking about... and brodeur still is a better puck handler then cory sorry bud.

i said that about his puck handeling based on what some of the players have said to reporters.. if you read any of the interviews that the reporters did in the first half of the season then you would know what i was talking about... and brodeur still is a better puck handler then cory sorry bud.

Where did I say Cory is a better puck handler, he is a better goalie. It's like arguing with a fvcking retard.

:doh1:

Yeah with all due respect, get over it. This is a sports forum with passionate fans, you're going to get reactions when something particularly frustrating happens.

I really enjoy this community, I think it's a good mix of knowledgeable fans and reactionary fans, with everything in between. One of the best forums around imo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So I guess you two are okay with a few of the posts above with swear words and personal attacks?  THAT never used to be tolerated around here, and that's one way the site has gotten worse.

Granted, almost everyone who's been around a long time is going to reminisce about the good ol' days to a certain extent when the forum was smaller and more intimiate (and we just lose patience with the same ol' same ol' regardless...be around a few more years and see if you're not complaining about how the board used to be), but as time goes on almost everything on the internet gets swallowed up by reactionaries and people who just look for an outlet to complain, and others lose patience with it.  

Ironically one of the things that keeps me around is the non-hockey sports folder and the fantasy leagues, which does still distinguish it from other hockey boards.  But the hockey forum itself is more of a wasteland by the year IMO.

I have been around for ever. I was Get Real before I was Lucifersdog. I have the only title of Broken Record because I use to talk bad, still do, but not as much today about Marty. I don't have to say much about Marty today because everyone, not all, but most are on his case. There are other forum all saying the same about Marty, his time is up. All forums are on Pete DeBoer case. Yet the guy that is behind this mess or messes is Lou Lams. It won't be long before he is the next subject like Marty and DeBoer. They all brought it on themselves.

So I guess you two are okay with a few of the posts above with swear words and personal attacks?  THAT never used to be tolerated around here, and that's one way the site has gotten worse.

Granted, almost everyone who's been around a long time is going to reminisce about the good ol' days to a certain extent when the forum was smaller and more intimiate (and we just lose patience with the same ol' same ol' regardless...be around a few more years and see if you're not complaining about how the board used to be), but as time goes on almost everything on the internet gets swallowed up by reactionaries and people who just look for an outlet to complain, and others lose patience with it.  

Ironically one of the things that keeps me around is the non-hockey sports folder and the fantasy leagues, which does still distinguish it from other hockey boards.  But the hockey forum itself is more of a wasteland by the year IMO.

Eh I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to flying off the handle once every while..I think most of us here have had one bad back and forth, at least.  Now, I'm not going to question DM and Msweet and their moderating methods, but I personally would probably intervene in conversations that drag on like the one above (I honestly didn't read it all, I got the gist from the first couple posts) before it gets too ugly.  But, their laid back style really allows us to talk freely here - unlike the nazi mods over at Hfboards.  So, you take the good with the bad, I guess.

But yeah, anonymous forums are gathering places for negative nancy's.  I'm a member over at the Rutgers Rivals forum and that place is just awful - poor moderation, excessive negativity.  Rarely any good discussion goes on over there.  Conversely, I'd like to think lots of great discussion occurs here, with the occasional troll outburst that's taken care of.

I have been around for ever. I was Get Real before I was Lucifersdog. I have the only title of Broken Record because I use to talk bad, still do, but not as much today about Marty. I don't have to say much about Marty today because everyone, not all, but most are on his case. There are other forum all saying the same about Marty, his time is up. All forums are on Pete DeBoer case. Yet the guy that is behind this mess or messes is Lou Lams. It won't be long before he is the next subject like Marty and DeBoer. They all brought it on themselves.

Oh man, I remember when I first joined I hated you so much.  I was a Marty defender from the get-go, and your posts drove me absolutely insane :lol:

Edited by Devilsfan118

Eh I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to flying off the handle once every while..I think most of us here have had one bad back and forth, at least.  Now, I'm not going to question DM and Msweet and their moderating methods, but I personally would probably intervene in conversations that drag on like the one above (I honestly didn't read it all, I got the gist from the first couple posts) before it gets too ugly.  But, their laid back style really allows us to talk freely here - unlike the nazi mods over at Hfboards.  So, you take the good with the bad, I guess.

But yeah, anonymous forums are gathering places for negative nancy's.  I'm a member over at the Rutgers Rivals forum and that place is just awful - poor moderation, excessive negativity.  Rarely any good discussion goes on over there.  Conversely, I'd like to think lots of great discussion occurs here, with the occasional troll outburst that's taken care of.

Oh man, I remember when I first joined I hated you so much.  I was a Marty defender from the get-go, and your posts drove me absolutely insane :lol:

How we doing today? What's your thoughts about Marty today?

This forum is just like any other team forum anywhere on the internets- when things go bad people get testy. Of course you have the few people who are always rude and annoying no matter what but man compare these boards to some other ones and there is a big difference in terms of quality of conversation and knowledge.