NFL WEEK ONE!!!

CRASHER

The Alex Smith experiment is failing out in San Francisco...yet again...

I gotta say, after that awful first quarter and a half, I'm STUNNED at how good the Seahawks look right now. Granted, it's probably because of how bad the Niners have been, but still. I didn't think they'd have this in them this year, to jump on a team and not relent.

You can thank me, I'm a curse to any team defense I draft in the NJDevs league. Last year it was Pittsburgh, who had their one bad year in like the last decade...the year before it was Minnesota, it was Chicago one year. All highly rated and all went splat on me. That's why I stayed the hell away from picking the Jets, especially when Revis was still holding out.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to last year's Week 16 when they mailed it in against the Jets the Colts have gone 2-7 their last 9 games including last year's playoffs, this year's preseason, and Week 1. See what happens when you piss off the football gods Indianapolis?!? :D

Glad to see Jason Ginger picked up where he left off: Unnecessary play calls and inability to finish.

he makes me wish Herm Edwards was our OC... I swear 6000 rushing attempts a season would be better then THIS

NO flow or sense of what's working.... again.....

The Alex Smith experiment is failing out in San Francisco...yet again...

I gotta say, after that awful first quarter and a half, I'm STUNNED at how good the Seahawks look right now. Granted, it's probably because of how bad the Niners have been, but still. I didn't think they'd have this in them this year, to jump on a team and not relent.

*Shrug* Every year the team management and coaching staff tries to convince us that we can go into the season with a questionable QB or a non-existent QB and guess what? I always fall for it. Defense and our running game is going to win us 12 games...but it doesn't happen. And then I have to pathetically point to the Raiders to compensate.

Last year we sucked but made it seem like we had a playoff shot...So we didn't get in and we didn't get a good draft pick. Of course we probably would have traded down a drafted another "Rashaun Woods" anyway.

It's sad because soon Gore's and Davis's best years will be behind them and they will have never had even just a good QB. And any Niner fan knows just how good those two players are and could be.

sunuvabitch

They flashed up a STAT on the broadcast I was watching at work. It said Alex Barron is the second most penalized dude in the league. Second only to Flozell "offsides" Adams.

Sooooooooo happy the boys went out and snagged this beauty. yucky.gif

Cowboys pulled the same horsesh!t they did last year when they lost to the Skins.

They went for the big play over and over instead of marching down the field against the Prevent D.

incompleteincompleteincomplete banghead.gif

Huh? They drove down beautifully. They won the game if Barron made the block.

THAT was NOT driving beautifully! THAT was a couple catches out of many many attempts.

They looked long and sidelines every down when they coulda been hitting the short guy in the middle of the field and taken away chunks of yardage at a time. 3 Timeouts!?! Piss poor clock management too.

THIS TEAM NEEDS AN ENIMA!!

They made penalty after penalty to move backwards and put themselves in a hole. And the O line was disgraceful as far as protection was concerned. Romo looked comical dancing around while his linemen held.

I don't like what Barron did AT ALL, but there were PLENTY of disgusting mistakes made by MANY members of this team ALLLLLL night.

I wonder if the play calling was all Garrett or if Phillips had anything to do with the choice of plays to end the game.

And Choice shoulda been on the pine the entire second half after coughing that ball up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! banghead.gif Arrrrgh!!! cry.gif

As amused as I was by the end of the Dallas game I'm even more amused by the events in Philly yesterday. That fanbase wanted McNabb gone for ten years, and what happens when they finally get their wish? They start booing every little thing and deserted Kolb quicker than rats jumping off a sinking ship. It's even more amusing that Vick looked good enough to start a QB contreversy - until he gets the job, then he'll get booed. Couldn't happen to a better fanbase :P

To top that off, McNabb wins Week 1 on National TV with an inferior, contreversy-ridden team. He must have been laughing all the way home from FedEx.

I'm hearing so much buzz about this Calvin Johnson play but have yet to see the replay.

I finally saw it late last night myself, oh my god...there's no way in layman's terms that wasn't a catch. This league has so many stupid technicalities it makes you wonder who writes the rule book, the same guy who writes the golf bylaws (where a bad patch of grass counts as a 'bunker')?!

Edited by Hasan4978

As amused as I was by the end of the Dallas game I'm even more amused by the events in Philly yesterday. That fanbase wanted McNabb gone for ten years, and what happens when they finally get their wish? They start booing every little thing and deserted Kolb quicker than rats jumping off a sinking ship. It's even more amusing that Vick looked good enough to start a QB contreversy - until he gets the job, then he'll get booed. Couldn't happen to a better fanbase :P

To top that off, McNabb wins Week 1 on National TV with an inferior, contreversy-ridden team. He must have been laughing all the way home from FedEx.

I finally saw it late last night myself, oh my god...there's no way in layman's terms that wasn't a catch. This league has so many stupid technicalities it makes you wonder who writes the rule book, the same guy who writes the golf bylaws (where a bad patch of grass counts as a 'bunker')?!

When I first heard what happened I was like, "Give me a break - another catch taken away by a stupid rule" But after seeing the replay I didn't feel that it was a catch. When the ball came lose I didn't feel like he was done catching the ball.

Wade Phillips has been around a long time. He should know better than to run a play when there's 60 yards between you and the end zone and 5 seconds left in the half. God, if you're gonna run anything, at least throw a Hail Mary.

He should tell that to Ochostinko and TWO. Both didn't feel like staying on the field before the half ended yesterday. Both were in the locker room when Cinny got the ball back with a minute left in the half. Cinny almost scored on the hail mary effort. Great teammates!

Wade Phillips has been around a long time. He should know better than to run a play when there's 60 yards between you and the end zone and 5 seconds left in the half. God, if you're gonna run anything, at least throw a Hail Mary.

as boneheaded (and I'm being generous, though there is no doubt to the reason why the Redskin fan who helped make my summer miserable is NOT saying a damn thing on facebook today :P) as that whole damn thing was... there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD that Tashard Choice should be trying to beat all 11 players there and try to make a play... once he's been had he HAS to lie the fvck down there and get to the goddamned half!!!

There should be public executions for letting him back on the field after that!!!

And how do Felix Jones and Marion Barber COMBINE for 20 touches last night??? That too is just unacceptable.....

as boneheaded (and I'm being generous, though there is no doubt to the reason why the Redskin fan who helped make my summer miserable is NOT saying a damn thing on facebook today :P) as that whole damn thing was... there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD that Tashard Choice should be trying to beat all 11 players there and try to make a play... once he's been had he HAS to lie the fvck down there and get to the goddamned half!!!

There should be public executions for letting him back on the field after that!!!

And how do Felix Jones and Marion Barber COMBINE for 20 touches last night??? That too is just unacceptable.....

I think they have too many weapons on offense. You can't possibly get everyone the touches they need and deserve. They have the same problem at receiver.

Tashard Choice ... why is that guy even playing when they have have Jones and Barber? I don't get it. You're right, the guy has to know to go down.

I think they have too many weapons on offense. You can't possibly get everyone the touches they need and deserve. They have the same problem at receiver.

Tashard Choice ... why is that guy even playing when they have have Jones and Barber? I don't get it. You're right, the guy has to know to go down.

Well the WR problem can fix itself as you throw to who's open and that's not as big a problem.... Choice is a mix between mbIII and Jones and that's why you spot him (and they use him in the wild cat)... having him on the field at the half and in the 4th quarter when that HAS to be Felix Jones out there is criminal.... Felix Jones is the best home run player on the damn team and he's got his helmet off... really???

The problem with that is that Wade said a knee should've been taken but he doesn't call the shots on offense, that's all on the ginger-balled genius. As for the game, it at least helped to support that Austin can be an elite WR..and Dez looked good....when the red-headed one wasn't calling back-to-back WR screens...