Parise: "No way" I'll sign with Rangers

Amberite

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/parise_wants_to_remain_a_devil_no_way_hell_sign_with_rangers/

At least some good news. I don't think he'd come out saying something like that and then go back on it.

Devils captain Zach Parise repeated today his desire to re-sign with the team and said even if he does hit the unrestricted free agent market on July 1 there is “no way” he’d sign with the rival Rangers.
Edited by Amberite

Told you guys. Players arent solely considering money. Loyalty and signing with your fierce rival create a public perception that players also care about. I'm sure Zach is going to want to cash in on a big contract, but he seems like the type of guy that would be satisfied with a 'big enough' contract and not 'the biggest' contract.

I was observing what Rags fans were saying about the news on HF, and noticed one poster's claim that both Holik and Gomez said something similar. Does anyone recall anything like that?

No, unless you take a former poster's insistence that Gomez would go to LA as gospel. Damn, I wish he had gone to LA.

I was observing what Rags fans were saying about the news on HF, and noticed one poster's claim that both Holik and Gomez said something similar. Does anyone recall anything like that?

Neither said anything of the sort. Rags fans don't have functioning memories that go back that far...well, aside from one particular, never ending year.

• Like 2

Neither said anything of the sort. Rags fans don't have functioning memories that go back that far...well, aside from one particular, never ending year.

Holik never said anything of the sort afaik, Gomez might have a while before FA (months or years), but not this strongly or close to FA. The only one I ever specifically remember saying he wouldn't sign with the Rangers was Madden. And obviously Marty wouldn't, either.

Edited by NJDevs4978

not only did holik never say this, he specifically wanted to go to the rangers (although never stated that publicly) after he lost his arbitration case. it was the one team he wanted to go to and demanded they raise their initial offer. if HOI checks in, he'll confirm that.

gomez never said anything except "i'll see you in newark."

Zajac told us outside the arena today that parise will def sign with the devils.

I was up there to drop off stuff, didn't realize I'd be there when the players were leaving or I'd have bought a jersey. Who else stopped? I just heard one woman complaining that someone just waved and didn't stop to sign when most everyone else did.

Lmfao at delusional moron Ranger fans. Neither Gomez nor Holik ever said anything close to "no way" when asked if they'd sign with the Rangers. Gomez said "see you in Newark" because the Devils made him.

Wasn't that "See you in Newark" that Gomez said by him done on a Newark promo video that they showed at Meadowlands? I remember being there and seeing it at some point.

Edited by Satans Hockey

not only did holik never say this, he specifically wanted to go to the rangers (although never stated that publicly) after he lost his arbitration case. it was the one team he wanted to go to and demanded they raise their initial offer. if HOI checks in, he'll confirm that.

gomez never said anything except "i'll see you in newark."

At the time I remember adding, "when I come back wearing Broadway Blues". One guy told me no way that would happen, but I had a feeling he was going be a Ranger...especially since New Jersey was so bereft of bookstores and Starbuck's at the time. How could Gomer resist?

And no matter what, I'll always believe that tampering goes on in the NHL (and likely other leagues)...those deals that get signed early on July 1? I'm sure Gomez had no idea what a potential Ranger offer might be until July 1, 12:01 am. Please...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

And no matter what, I'll always believe that tampering goes on in the NHL (and likely other leagues)...those deals that get signed early on July 1? I'm sure Gomez had no idea what a potential Ranger offer might be until July 1, 12:01 am. Please...

One concrete example of what teams do: Won't name the team or the player involved, but, prior to July 1, a team sent a DVD to a pending UFA-to-be basically touting how great the team was, how he would be a great fit, etc. The DVD comes with instructions though not to view prior to the opening of free agency. Even if the player abides by the instructions, it at least is made clear that there is an interest there. This is just one example, I'm sure it's probably a common practice.

Wasn't that "See you in Newark" that Gomez said by him done on a Newark promo video that they showed at Meadowlands? I remember being there and seeing it at some point.

Yep. It was the one they had Jim Nantz host to show off the Rock back in 2007, the last year at CAA.