Parise: "No way" I'll sign with Rangers

Amberite

The agent can't force anything. He can suggest, and his job is to get his client the best possible offer. Parise has the final say.

Brodeur fired his agent in 95 because the agent wanted him to hold out and Marty just wanted to work out a deal.

Brodeur's agent (Gilles Lupien) did negotiate Brodeur's '95 deal (a three-year contract), but the process was so contentious and acrimonius that, by the time Marty was ready for his next contract, Lou told Marty straight out "Do what you want, but I'm not dealing with Lupien anymore." Lou and Marty then sat down and negotiated a four-year deal (I think for about $4 million per season). This was actually pretty miraculous in ways, in that Marty felt his '95 deal was unfair, so much so that he had said after he signed it that he would never sign another contract with the Devils again.

Shortly after his new four-year pact was signed, Marty had lunch with Lupien, where Marty informed Lupien about what he had done...Marty then asked Lupien how much money he owed him. Lupien took out a pen, wrote something on a napkin, then handed it to Brodeur. Tha napkin read "0". Lupien was furious with Marty for basically acting as his own agent. Marty realized he didn't need Lupien anymore, so they quickly settled a previous debt (Marty owed Lupien some money), then they went their separate ways.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Now theres reports about the wild willing to give zach up to 13 years... Like wtf... Its reaaaally starting to get annoying. I cant remember seeing a team putting so much sh!t out there to let a player know they want him when hes not even available yet... Ridiculous

It feels like when things are bad with your gf and youre on a break... And theres that little rich fvcker after her buying her gifts and promising bunch of stuff. But you cant really say anything about it

Vegas currently has the Wild at 75-1 odds to win the Stanley Cup. Tied for worst with the Islanders and Columbus. Knowing Zach Parise wants to win, in reality, how much would his signing really impact Minnesota? If he does sign with Minnesota, I hope he's honest and just says that it was stupid money and financially securing your future means more than winning in the long haul. If he signs there and talks about winning, then it's a bunch of bull. He will NOT be winning in Minnesota any time soon, and he knows it.

If it's about winning, he'll stay in NJ...or go to Detroit (with Suter).

Stay here Zach!!

Vegas currently has the Wild at 75-1 odds to win the Stanley Cup. Tied for worst with the Islanders and Columbus. Knowing Zach Parise wants to win, in reality, how much would his signing really impact Minnesota? If he does sign with Minnesota, I hope he's honest and just says that it was stupid money and financially securing your future means more than winning in the long haul. If he signs there and talks about winning, then it's a bunch of bull. He will NOT be winning in Minnesota any time soon, and he knows it.

If it's about winning, he'll stay in NJ...or go to Detroit (with Suter).

Stay here Zach!!

If he does go there then he'd probably avoid both those cases and just say he wanted to go home or whatever