Photo

Your Favorite Piece In Your Devils Memorabilia?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 jnuh

jnuh

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

I have 16x20's signed by Marty and Parise (in his USA uni)and 4 signed jerseys ... 1 Marty, 1 Parise, 1 by most of the 95 cup team (missing Niedermeyer, Lemiuex, and Richer) and 1 by doc, Chico, and Dano.

My all time favorite thing though is ... For those familar with McFarlane figures they put a rink out a few years back to go with the figures. I have been slowly working on getting it all graphed up along the boards and will eventually move onto the ice and glass. Right now I have about 25-30 autos on it. Most former and current Devils but this year since I have season tickets now I am going to start working on trying to get some road teams. When it is all said and done I hope to have 300 signatures on it.

Currently the bigger names I have on it are Gomez, Gionta, Parise, Marty, Moose, Tedenby, Rafalski, Greene, Dano, Chico, and a bunch more I can not remember.

#22 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

Like unknown poster and JWomp, I have too many to name just one:

1988-89 Scott Young game worn Away WHALERS Jersey (Photomatched)
1991-92 Bobby Holik game worn Home WHALERS Jersey
1991-92 Grant Marshall game worn Home Team CANADA World Juniors Jersey
1991-92 Jeremy Roenick game worn Team USA Bleu Jersey
1993-94 Gary Suter game worn Away BLACKHAWKS Jersey (Photomatched)
1994-95 Joe Hulbig game worn PROVIDENCE COLLEGE White Pinstripe Jersey
1994-95 Scott Young game worn Away NORDIQUES Jersey (Photomatched)
1995-96 Mike Sylvia game worn BOSTON UNIVERSITY Red Jersey
1995-96 Kirk Muller game worn Home MAPLE LEAFS Jersey (Photomatched))
1997-98 Joe Dipenta game worn BOSTON UNIVERSITY Red Jersey
1997-98 Troy Lake game worn PROVIDENCE COLLEGE White Jersey
1999-00 Adam Deadmarsh game worn Home AVALANCHE Jersey (Photomatched)
1999-00 Jamie Langenbrunner game worn Away STARS Stanley Cup Finals Jersey
2000-01 Rene Bourque game worn WISCONSIN White Jersey
2000-01 David Hale game worn NORTH DAKOTA ROOKIE White Jersey
2001-02 Adam Deadmarsh game worn OLYMPIC team USA Blue Jersey (Photomatched)
2001-02 Brian McConnell game worn BOSTON UNIVERSITY ROOKIE Red Jersey (Photomatched)
2002-03 Freddy Meyer game worn BOSTON UNIVERSITY Red Jersey with "C"
2005-06 Adam Burish game worn WISCONSIN White Alternate Jersey with "C"
2005-06 Matt Gilroy game worn BOSTON UNIVERSITY ROOKIE White Alternate Jersey
2005-06 Pete MacArthur game worn BOSTON UNIVERSITY Red Jersey with "A" (Photomatched)
2006-07 Kenny Roche game worn BOSTON UNIVERSITY Red Jersey with "A" (Photomatched)
2007-08 Dave Bolland game worn Home BLACKHAWKS Jersey (Photomatched)
2008-09 Patrick Kane game worn Nike/Bauer Gloves (Photomatched)
2008-09 Denis Savard game worn TPS Gloves with built-in Whistle
2007-09 Viktor Stalberg game worn VERMONT Black Alternate jersey (Photomatched)
2009-10 Colby Cohen game worn BOSTON UNIVERSITY Red Jersey
2009-10 Andrew Ladd game worn Away BLACKHAWKS Jersey from Helsinki, Finland game

That's some incredible DEVILS stuff ;-)
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#23 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

And my question to all 3 of you is how the hell can you all afford this stuff?

Nearly everything in my collection (http://community.web...user/TJordan522) was fairly cheap, and acquired over a long period of time.
That makes it easy to set aside a few dollars every month and slowly build my collection.

I'm actually really careful with what I buy so I can still have enough leftover spending cash to enjoy the other things in life. Most of my collection was purchased with the money I earned from my part-time job in college. Now that I've graduated and am working full time, surprisingly I don't buy as much hockey stuff, even though I make more money, because I'm saving for the future.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#24 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Eh true but I don't eat out too often, I work a pretty decent job with a pretty good salary, rarely get food at the games and I do not plan on having any kids. I guess I just spend it on other things like vacations and stuff instead of hockey memoribilia.

But hey, to each their own and your list as well as Ken's and JWomp's is very impressive:)

A lot of the stuff is surprisingly affordable, and you can buy a few items with special meaning to you and still do all that other stuff. The key is to try to stay focused and not get carried away with what you buy.

#25 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

Lots of great stuff from great long time collectors. Hard to pick favorites and like Jwomp my collection is in my webshots.
My favs:

Game worn jerseys
Martin Brodeur 08-09 white set 2 (photo matched/card matched)
2003 SCF Tommy Albelien Home set (photo/video matched)
Ilya Kovalchuk 09-10 Red Set 3 700 points in 700 games (photo matched)
Zach Parise 08-09 Red set 1 (photo matched)
Patrik Elias 08-09 red set 1 300th goal (photo matched)
Prudential Center Opening Night Arron Asham
Retro Night Mike Mottau (photo matched)
Stevens Retirement Night Colin White
Travis Zajac 06-07 white set 3 rookie jersey (photo matched)
Petr Sykora 96-97 white set 2
Cam Janssen 05-06-white set 1
Anton Volchenkov 10-11 red set 2 (photo matched)
Sheldon Souray - 5 Devils games from 96-99. One red and 4 white

Sticks
Brodeur Reebok (photo matched)
Parise S17
Parise Synergy
Kovalchuk Warrior Widow's (2)
Stevens Easton
Niedermayer Easton

Gloves/pucks
Kovalchuk Warrior Gloves
Parise Easton Gloves
Elias Warrior Gloves
Volchenkov Warrior Gloves (photo matched)

Edited by Souray44, 03 October 2011 - 08:08 PM.

I collect NJ Devils/Sheldon Souray game worn jerseys, sticks and gloves
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#26 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

Martin Brodeur Game Worn Jersey 01-02 White set 1, worn in 300th win

Martin Brodeur Game Used Stick vs. Minnesota on 3/20/09 Win 553 and Shutout 101

Edited by 3CUPSN9, 05 October 2011 - 06:50 PM.

My Brodeur Game Worn / Used Collection http://www.flickr.co...56946@N06/sets/

#27 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

And my question to all 3 of you is how the hell can you all afford this stuff?

Tolerant wife!

Edited by SJP20, 03 October 2011 - 09:21 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#28 MikeyBacks

MikeyBacks

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

Pride n Joy

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by MikeyBacks, 03 October 2011 - 08:13 PM.

#29 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

Tolerant wife!

:giggle: I definitely lol'd!
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#30 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

I think my favorite, and it doesnt sound like much compared to what you all have but I think my favorite thing I have is my authentic home Tedenby jersey that was signed by him at his first signing last year at Sports Express. He was super excited to see someone already have a real jersey of his and told me that it was the first jersey of his that he has signed for anyone.

I also have a game used Zajac stick that I got signed last year by him at his signing at Sports Express and we talked after the signing for like 20 minutes about how he loved the Easton Synergy sticks and wished he could use them again.

Its more of the connection and conversations that come with certain things with the players that means the most.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#31 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

On Saturday, October 7, 1995, the Devils raised their first Stanley Cup banner. We beat FLA 4-1. It was a 1PM game so afterward me and my friends went to JT's after the game. We watched the Devs win the Cup together and raise the banner together. A lot of players were in and out of the place. I saw Randy McKay and went to ask for his autograph and he was grumpy to everyone so I didn't bother. Mike Peluso was behind me and when I turned around we were face to face. I asked him for his autograph and with a big smile he said, 'sure'. He signed my ticket stub from the game and he hung out with a bunch of fans. He was the best. I still carry that ticket stub with me wherever I go. It is my good luck charm. :)

The other prized possession is a hand written letter from Bobby MacMillan. The Devils had their first fan day where you could get your photo taken with a player. I wanted his picture. An 'offical' supposedly with the NJD, just decided to take a random point in the line and tell everyone behind said point to leave. He was a grump. Got some other photos like Dave Hutchinson, Hector Marini, and Jan Ludvig. I wrote a letter to Bobby Mac telling him about the situation and how many of his fans were treated. Nothing like that happened with the other players. Some more fan stuff in the letter and off tto the USPS. About 2 weeks later I received a hand written reply to my letter. It was really nice of him to do that. I still have it in the envelpoe I received it in.

These types of scenario sare what makes hockey players stand out the best of all athletes, imo. :)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#32 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

For me it would be without a doubt the game model Marty Brodeur Heaton signed by all the players, coaches and fellow staff of the 2000 Stanley Cup team. (Robbie Ftorek is on there also as well as Larry Robinson.) I have a lot of signed sticks, pictures, pucks and personal pieces of memorabilia but as far as ONE favorite piece. The Heaton takes the cake.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

n2eg.jpg

#33 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

Please reduce size of these pictures, please!
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#34 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Please reduce size of these pictures, please!

Crotchity, crotchity.... :giggle:
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#35 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

If it's too big I'll try and reduce it. I never reduced picture sizes on my computer before so it might not be right away.

n2eg.jpg

#36 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

Check your PMs. :) Click the thumbnail.

Posted Image

Edited by StarDew, 06 October 2011 - 03:10 PM.

Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

#37 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Mostly because I am bored I would like to include my various Colorado Rockies and Kansas City Scouts jerseys to my most prized list.

#38 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

I've looked around for a good Scouts jersey but many look horribly fake.. I don't know, I have like 8 Devils jerseys already so I don't really need more but I do think the Scouts and Rockies jerseys are a cool piece of franchise history
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#39 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hockey stick signed by Valeri Zelepukin
and my picture with Brodeur from 2000 after the cup win

Posted Image

Edited by Microwavepizza, 08 November 2012 - 11:34 AM.

POTATO!!!

#40 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

I've looked around for a good Scouts jersey but many look horribly fake.. I don't know, I have like 8 Devils jerseys already so I don't really need more but I do think the Scouts and Rockies jerseys are a cool piece of franchise history

Most of the Scouts jerseys on ebay are ones made in Singapore. I got a white on a while back that looked terrible (The logo was missing pieces of the horse as one big problem). I sold that to a forum member here for a little less than what I paid for just to get rid of it lol.

I do still have two Scouts jerseys though. They are both blue and one is an official one made by Mitchell and Ness and the other is a really nicely done replica by ProJoy.

I also have a couple of blue Rockies jerseys made by CCM (one is at EP getting customized as we speak) as well as three M&N blue Rockies jerseys. In addition I have 3 white Rockies jerseys with one that is a really nice CCM one that I just got lettered from EP. I will prob sell the other 2 white Rockies jerseys I have in the near future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)