We WILL win the cup

skullsmasher

Getting the chances is the hard part, and although we weren't able to convert last night, if we continue to get the chances we have been, the goals will come. The GWG was a fluke in my book, we were outplaying them all overtime and went for the win with aggressive play in their zone and it ended up giving them a break, but I loved the way we were playing. We were playing to win, rather than not to lose. We started off slow but toward the middle of the second period the teams seemed to exchange times of attack, and the devils were the ones getting the better chances. In fact, we scored in the third period giving us a 2-1 lead which won us the game. OH WAIT. But seriously, overall we deserved to win, and if both teams play the rest of the series the way they did last night (maybe excluding the first period), we will win. Missing on open nets is frustrating but putting ourselves in that position consistently will get us the goals. We won't keep blowing opportunities. It's a 7 game series, and we've outplayed teams and been down 1-0 twice before this.

Game 2 is an absolute must win, and I believe this team will come out strong enough on Saturday to take it. We can definitely at least split in LA, especially with the momentum gained from winning game 2. After that it's a best of 3 with home ice, and I like our chances in that.

Edited by DevilMinder
nuh uh

No jinx here. I said before the series between the Devils and Rangers that whomever comes out of the East is going to win the Cup.

Congratulations - first and foremost - on getting to the SC Finals. It pained me for a bit when we lost (I truly thought it was going to be our year, oh well). But your forecheck is relentless.

Watching the game vs the Kings, you were the better team. Period 1 was in favor of the Kings. 2 and 3 were all Devils.

It pains me to say it: But I think you're getting your 4th Stanley Cup this year.

I think this balances out the "I'm not bothered if we lose" thread. Id rather see confidence in the fanbase than fvcking apathy.

Saying you're not going to sh!t yourself if they lose isn't exactly apathy LOL

Of course we're winning, it's just a matter of how many games it takes.

This is the attitude Id rather see.

I agree with the "Im not going to sh!t my pants" (pp obvs) post in the sense that this was a completely unexpected run and this team has performed beyond what anyone expected, but I can't settle for anything less than the Cup when we have a chance at it. If we don't win, I'll still be happy with the team's performance and have confidence going into next season, but just like 2001, always wonder what could've been.

The fans who come across as apathetic, I wonder if perhaps a lot of them are just so stunned that this year's Devils team even made it to the SCF, and maybe are also a little spent from beating the hated Rangers in the ECF, that they haven't gotten themselves up to speed mentally on how close the Devils are to becoming champions this season.

The fans who come across as apathetic, I wonder if perhaps a lot of them are just so stunned that this year's Devils team even made it to the SCF, and maybe are also a little spent from beating the hated Rangers in the ECF, that they haven't gotten themselves up to speed mentally on how close the Devils are to becoming champions this season.

I think apathetic is an unfair description. I, for one, said I'm proud of this team no matter what happens this round. I will be at the games cheering for them, and I want them to win it all and end this run the right way. You never know when they will get this close again. I'm happy to be here, but not JUST happy to be here. This is clearly some of these guy's last shot and I want them to get it. Saying that IF they don't, I'd be disappointed but not on suicide watch doesn't make me or any of the other people saying similar things apathetic. It's just an appreciation of what's already happened to this point.

• Like 1

Getting the chances is the hard part, and although we weren't able to convert last night, if we continue to get the chances we have been, the goals will come. The GWG was a fluke in my book, we were outplaying them all overtime and went for the win with aggressive play in their zone and it ended up giving them a break, but I loved the way we were playing. We were playing to win, rather than not to lose. We started off slow but toward the middle of the second period the teams seemed to exchange times of attack, and the devils were the ones getting the better chances.

Now this is the thread I like to see

I saw a game where we looked slow, where we looked like we couldn't control the puck and couldn't do sh!t with any opportunities. We were obviously at home tonight and couldn't do dick with the gifts of chances we were blessed with.

Listen I'm not one to just berate our team but I wanna be real when I say we were outplayed for a majority of this game

Edited by lazer

This year is a strange year. For some reasons, perhaps my sixth sense, I was in panic mode when the Devils playing playoff games after Stevens went down, even we swept he Rags in 06. However, this year was different, perhaps I finally don't have high expectations in them to be honest- this team keeps charging and NJ is playing for the Cup. Even down 1-0, I somehow have ultra-confidence with this team, which similar to my feeling when Flyers were up 3-1 in 2000. I hope my senses are still accurate. Let's go Devils.