Board Awards 2012!

RSC

It's that time of year again, folks! The 2012 NJDevs.com Board Awards are officially here to save you from the off-season doldrums. The Awards will be run by myself for the fourth year along with Martyisth3b3st back on board for his second go-around. In case this is your first go around with the Board Awards or you haven't crawled into your usual annual summer hole yet, let me explain exactly how it works. As you can see, Awards are in groups of 3, except for the last 3. Each award has a nomination thread, in which you may nominate up to 3 NJDevs members for the award. After 3 days, the nomination thread closes, and the top 3 (or more if there are people tied) nominees are put into a poll, for which there are 3 days to vote. At the end of 3 days, the person with the most votes wins the award! As a reminder, these are supposed to be FUN. Don't try and push people to nominate or vote for you. If there are any problems, feel free to PM me.

At the moment, we are planning the first round of polls to be up Tuesday or Wednesday. In the mean time, feel free to discuss awards that you feel should be added, changed, gotten rid of, etc. Keep in mind that the Board Awards are supposed to reward positive contributions to NJDevs, so as much fun as a "Most Entitled Doucher Award" would be, it's not going to happen. Finally, we're adding a little more to the reward aspect of the board awards. MB3 is currently whipping up a nifty batch of avatars (or sigs, I can't remember) for the winners of the awards. He should have a mockup of one or two of them ready some time tonight. We also may change the title of the users who win under their avatar, if DM decides to go that route. This year's awards should be a hell of a lot more fun than last year's, considering we went from April boredom to one of the most fun playoff runs any of us can remember. Enjoy, folks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INITIAL BOARD AWARDS LIST:

The Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster - WINNER: thefiestygoat

The MrtheMike Chat Award for Best Chatter - WINNER: Devilminder

The Andy Greene Award for Most Improved Poster - WINNER: Zubie #8

The Glenn "Chico" Resch Award for Best Use of Smileys - WINNER: Pepperkorn

The John Madden Award for Most Missed Poster - WINNER: MantaRay

The Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster - WINNER: Chuck the Duck

The Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster - WINNER: MicrowavePizza

The Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster - WINNERS: thelastonealive AND zerogravityfat

The Slava Fetisov Award for the Best Foreign Poster - WINNER: Jas0nMacIssac

The Pat Burns Award for the Most Emotional Poster -WINNER: MadDog2020

The Mike "Doc" Emrick Award for the Most Knowledgeable Poster - WINNER: Jas0nMacIssac

The Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster - WINNER: DaneykoIsGod

The Bill Masterton Award for Dedication to the Team

The UnderdogX Signature Award for Best Signature

The RD Avatar Award for Best Avatar

The Conn Smythe Trophy for Best Poster-Playoffs

The Hart Trophy for Best Poster - Regular Season

The NJDevs.com MVP Award/Stanley Cup for Best Poster - Overall (Combo of Season, Playoffs, Off-season, Off-topic)

Edited by RSC

Ilya Kovalchuk/Gordie Howe Hat Trick Award: Poster most active in Chat, Game Threads, and other threads surrounding a particular game.

I'd also like to see the Foreign Poster Award split in 2: Slava Award to best non-North American Poster; Scott Neidermayer Award to best Canadian Poster.

I'd also like to see the Foreign Poster Award split in 2: Slava Award to best non-North American Poster; Scott Neidermayer Award to best Canadian Poster.

I like this idea.

I also think a cool award might be something like Post Of The Year, but that'd be kinda tough to go back and find nominees. If enough people dig the idea, maybe we could set up a thread for next year's awards season where people can nominate all year long as worthy posts are made.

The Bulletproof Post of the Year, named for what would have been last year's hands down winner: POTY 2010-11

Edit: DiG of course is right. We need a method for keeping track of this. Otherwise it will always be some "flyers suck" comment from the postseason, which obviously is very deserving, but would get boring after a few years.

Edited by Devils Dose

I like this one a lot.

Also, while Madden is my favorite player ever, Scott Stevens is the most missed Devil ever. I would change the award to him, at least until Marty retires, possibly forever. Just a thought.

I like this idea.

I also think a cool award might be something like Post Of The Year, but that'd be kinda tough to go back and find nominees. If enough people dig the idea, maybe we could set up a thread for next year's awards season where people can nominate all year long as worthy posts are made.

I was thinking this exactly.

There should definitely be a "PhillyDev Award" given to the moronic post/poster of the year....

Or maybe it should be the "PhillyDev Award" given to the poster who excels at everything, and is the best in each and everything they do... :giggle:

There is no award that can truely show the supreme excellence of the abilities of PhillyDev.

As far as splitting the whole foreign poster thing, I don't really get why you would -- I never really considered Canadians "foreign" in the first place; they're closer to me than half of the states are, and, uh, we are talking about their sport here. Just my .02.

I think I've always ended up making the foreign poster award European (or Oceanic, don't want to leave out damo), but I wouldn't mind it being clearer -- if we don't split, we could just treat it like the All Star Games back in the day.

Edited by mouse