GDT: Devils @ Colorado

puckrock

If I'm Lou I start to look around the league for defensemen that other teams might not mid trading that would definitely help the Devils.

Anaheim- Luca Sbisa

Boston- Joe Corvo

Buffalo- Andrej Sekera

Colorado- Shane O'Brien

Minnesota- Marco Scandella

Islanders- Andrew MacDonald

St Louis- Kris Russell

Tampa Bay- Matt Gilroy

Winnipeg- Bogosian, Oduya

I think Lou could trade for most of these players without having to give something vital up.

As far as Bernier, the problem is we're really tight on the number of guys we can sign to NHL contracts right now. You have to be sure he can help before you use one of your two remaining slots on a guy who wasn't offered an NHL deal by 'anyone'.

Neither was Pelley or Sestito... If Janssen and Boulton were on waivers, it's obvious no one would pick them up even for half price... same with Fraser.

No, we don't. Obviously we all know that but why guys like Pelley and Sestito have been in this organization for as long as they have and Lou thinks Janssen and Boulton are NHL caliber players is beyond me.

I agree with almost all of your points, I gotta say whenever we have the 3rd or 4th line out there they both look so lost. Our 4th line is terrible. They contribute nothing offensively, and they sure as hell do not contribute any kind of spark when they're buried in our own zone repeatedly.

Our 3rd line isn't that good either. Tedenby really has not impressed in any way, shape, or form. Really don't care how fast he is, he just can't score. Clarkson has inevitably cooled off which I think is more a result of who he is playing with...

Would definitely like to see some line changes...

I agree with almost all of your points, I gotta say whenever we have the 3rd or 4th line out there they both look so lost. Our 4th line is terrible. They contribute nothing offensively, and they sure as hell do not contribute any kind of spark when they're buried in our own zone repeatedly.

Our 3rd line isn't that good either. Tedenby really has not impressed in any way, shape, or form. Really don't care how fast he is, he just can't score. Clarkson has inevitably cooled off which I think is more a result of who he is playing with...

Would definitely like to see some line changes...

I really think Tedenby would excel being the right wing for Parise and Zajac. They are both very defensively responsible. Zajac is a pretty good set up man and is good along with boards as is Zach. Teddy would have a chance go score some goals with those two.

But my question is... why is it that someone like Fraser gets to replace Greene for a game when you know you will get no offensive output, barely acceptable defensive play, and no game changing qualities from Fraser when he steps on the ice. Give someone else a shot for once. That's the same problem I have with our fourth liners Boulton, Janssen, Pelley, and Sestito. You know you'll get no goals, a rare fight, and no positive offensive contribution. GIVE SOMEONE ELSE A SHOT. Zharkov has 14 points in 82 games and is a +3.

Pelley is a -19 with with 26 points in 211 games.

Janssen is a -23 with 10 points in 280 games.

Sestito has 3 points in 50 games, no NHL goals, and is a career -8.

Bernier is only a -2 and in 385 games he has 159 points.

There is absolutely no way in hell that Pelley, Janssen and Sestito would get this much playing time on any other team in the league. It's embarrassing that Pelley is constantly put on waivers and no one wants him for free!

The Flyers have 10 forwards with at least 4 goals.

The Rangers have had 14 different forwards score goals for them this year.

The Sharks have had 13 different forwards score for them this year.

Hakws have 12.

Devils?

9 Forwards with goals. Boulton, Sestito, Janssen, Pelley, Mills, Tedeny= Zero Goals.

The coaching staff and Lou have to know by now that the Devils cannot win with these kinds of numbers. Why they recycle the same crappy fourth liners without giving anyone else is a chance is beyond me... Zalewski, Bernier, Vellieux, Zharkov, Anderson, Whitney, Sislo, Gelinas, and Darcy Zajac are all guys that are contributing at the AHL level and are being denied a chance to do what numerous wastes of space are doing on our NHL roster.

Again, while I would like for the fourth line to be better, this is deck chair re-arranging. The fourth line isn't going to win and lose games. In the margins, yes, it's embarrassing the kind of fourth line the Devils are icing this season. Right now it looks to me like the team will be between + or - 5 points of the final playoff spot, and deciding to give ice time to someone like Sestito and Janssen will cost you points in the long run.

But Zalewski? Anderson? Whitney, Bernier, and D. Zajac are on AHL deals, and they're on AHL deals for a reason. Even Veilleux would get slammed if he had been here in his prime.

Boulton is surprisingly not a bad NHL player. He's been largely an even player playing on horrendous teams - he's been on two playoff teams in his career.

Again, while I would like for the fourth line to be better, this is deck chair re-arranging. The fourth line isn't going to win and lose games. In the margins, yes, it's embarrassing the kind of fourth line the Devils are icing this season. Right now it looks to me like the team will be between + or - 5 points of the final playoff spot, and deciding to give ice time to someone like Sestito and Janssen will cost you points in the long run.

But Zalewski? Anderson? Whitney, Bernier, and D. Zajac are on AHL deals, and they're on AHL deals for a reason. Even Veilleux would get slammed if he had been here in his prime.

Boulton is surprisingly not a bad NHL player. He's been largely an even player playing on horrendous teams - he's been on two playoff teams in his career.

That's the reason I didn't include Boulton in that stats run down. If DeBoer is insistent on having a tough guy... he would be it. But he would need two other players that can do SOMETHING. A guy like Aaron Asham (the trashy douche machine that he is) would be perfect.

Neither was Pelley or Sestito... If Janssen and Boulton were on waivers, it's obvious no one would pick them up even for half price... same with Fraser.

I'm referring to the fact we have 48 guys under contract, with the max being 50. Maybe signing Bernier to an AHL deal already upped the total to 49, I dunno since he's only on an AHL deal, I think.

Either way, we're going to be hard pressed to make a deal at the deadline without shedding one.

And Boulton is an NHL player, he's played several seasons in the league.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm referring to the fact we have 48 guys under contract, with the max being 50. Maybe signing Bernier to an AHL deal already upped the total to 49, I dunno since he's only on an AHL deal, I think.

Either way, we're going to be hard pressed to make a deal at the deadline without shedding one.

And Boulton is an NHL player, he's played several seasons in the league.

Yeah I can agree on Boulton. I wonder if there's room to send a guy like Brad Mills or Stephen Gionta to Kalamazoo. Those two are never going to be NHL players along with Chad Wiseman, Nate Perkovich, and Jay Leach.

Wonder if Lou would call up Vellieux or Peter Harrold?

Yeah I can agree on Boulton. I wonder if there's room to send a guy like Brad Mills or Stephen Gionta to Kalamazoo. Those two are never going to be NHL players along with Chad Wiseman, Nate Perkovich, and Jay Leach.

Wonder if Lou would call up Vellieux or Peter Harrold?

They are not going to assign Gionta, the captain of the team, to the ECHL. Nor does that get anyone off the reserve list.

The Devils are at 49 contracts, the limit is 50.

They are not going to assign Gionta, the captain of the team, to the ECHL. Nor does that get anyone off the reserve list.

The Devils are at 49 contracts, the limit is 50.

Is there any way to get rid of anyone? Haha. I really don't know why Lou would sign some of the guys he did to bring us that close to the limit. But my question for you is this... If AHL or ECHL guys count towards the reserve limit... why would signing Bernier add another?

Is there any way to get rid of anyone? Haha. I really don't know why Lou would sign some of the guys he did to bring us that close to the limit. But my question for you is this... If AHL or ECHL guys count towards the reserve limit... why would signing Bernier add another?

Players on an AHL contract don't count. NJ has Perkovich, Whitney, Stoesz, Haczyk, and D. Zajac signed to AHL deals.

We should start taking shots every time the Devils give up a breakaway. It would be theraputic.

You know......we've got a Friday night at 8:00PM start, I'm thinking this might actually work! If nothing else it would liven up the chat while the game is on! :koolaid:

You know......we've got a Friday night at 8:00PM start, I'm thinking this might actually work! If nothing else it would liven up the chat while the game is on! :koolaid:

And if you REALLY wanna get ripped, drink after every Devils turnover. Your family will be checking you into Betty Ford by February. :P

If I'm Lou I start to look around the league for defensemen that other teams might not mid trading that would definitely help the Devils.

Anaheim- Luca Sbisa

Boston- Joe Corvo

Buffalo- Andrej Sekera

Colorado- Shane O'Brien

Minnesota- Marco Scandella

Islanders- Andrew MacDonald

St Louis- Kris Russell

Tampa Bay- Matt Gilroy

Winnipeg- Bogosian, Oduya

I think Lou could trade for most of these players without having to give something vital up.

Bogosian plz.

NJ26: That is not a good list.

Bogo, Scandella, Spisa, and MacDonald are not getting traded

O'brian is not the guy you want

And the rest flat out suck

That's what I could come up with. Honestly, anyone better is not going to be traded by their team.. either that or it would take way too much to get them.

The only problem wiht KOvalchuk is that he is playing RW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

LW he will be ok shooting line are not the same and he score every goals from offwing!

Yeah he will make turnover... But has a LW he will Score 40 plus goals and be an impact player as Well....

AND parisé WTF i dont understand why he play like crap. I love parisé to death but if i have to choose between the 2 guys i'll take kovalchuk every time.

Kovalchuk is an offensive player that made couple of turnovers but as a LW he will score... Man put im with zajac when he come back

A few of the players on that list would be an improvement, but I dont see St. Louis trading Russell, they just traded for him and he hasnt done anything nor had enough time to warrant getting shipped out already. He's actually played pretty decent since going there. I wouldnt mind Corvo or Sbisa though. It's funny Oduya is on that list, if we could have claimed Bergfors and then trade for Oduya then we got Kovy for Cormier straight up (with the exception of the draft pick) I think we won that trade atleast.