The 2010 New Jersey Devils 'Twas the Night Before Christmas

njskaguy33

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This holiday season has been very rough on me, and I have been so far removed from this years holidays.. For what it's worth that gave me a big smile. I miss home more and more each year.

Not only do we have the best fans here we have some real talent.

Thank you Bulletproof!

for some reason as i read this... instantly pictured Lou as Charles Laughton climbing the Bell tower and the Devils fans in the square as mobs of angry parisans looking to exact their pound of flesh...:D

Edited by ice dog

Outstanding Bullet! :clap: :clap:

What a wonderful write-up about our beloved team. (must've read it 10x already) I printed it out, and immediately added it to the bedtime story list for my kids. :D

Brilliantly written, I enjoyed every word.

This was just so well done Bulletproof! Thank you so much for writing that and posting it. I feel uplifted and ready to cheer my team on after reading that and you know what? It's refreshing! All I'm hearing lately are fans complaining (deservedly so) and the quotes from the players/Mac/Lou will just suck the life out of you but this poem...now that's something to be inspired about! I've shared it with my roommates and my girlfriend and they all love it too! Thanks again :cheers:

Haha, really nice BP. :) Don't see too much Devils poetry around.

Some of the other teams (esp. in Canada) have playoff songs created by their fans. If you have some musically-talented friends, maybe you could write some lyrics for a playoff song (you know, the next time we make the playoffs :unsure: ) and convince them to record it. :) Some songs like these become really popular on the web (remember the famous We Love The Hawks from last year?).

Haha, really nice BP. :) Don't see too much Devils poetry around.

Some of the other teams (esp. in Canada) have playoff songs created by their fans. If you have some musically-talented friends, maybe you could write some lyrics for a playoff song (you know, the next time we make the playoffs :unsure: ) and convince them to record it. :) Some songs like these become really popular on the web (remember the famous We Love The Hawks from last year?).

Buffalo holds a contest every year around march where the fans submit songs about the players, typically parody's. one of my favorites was "Living on Briere."

WGR will also, from time to time, make up their own about the Bills or Sabres. Its amazing what can happen when you have a region that actually gives 2 sh!ts about the sport and teams, and isnt too pompous to show it.