Game 7 Thread, Go Oilers:)

annabelle

Ah, actual post game coverage coming up with Levy & Melrose on ESPN news....

Maybe they can discuss the demise of the Frostbite after that...

WTF? It's over already? F ESPN News!

(Also, F Steve "CENTERING FEED!!!!" Levy for this gem: "And if the Triangle had 4 points, the fourth just might be Hartford.")

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO!!! WERDDDDDDDDD!!!

I bet Bettman is just creaming himself his suthern us expansion team won the cup, We were hoping that Ward would have pushed him in the ground with the Conne Smythe, Lovin how Brin'Amour pretty much ripped it out of his hands..lmao

Brind'Am,our is so deserving.....

:boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie:

Tons of coverage on CBC still....

As a long time Oilers fan I can say this was very special.This team never quit.Get Detroit in the first round.Down one game.Beat them in 6.Get a good San Jose team in the second round.Go down 2 games.Beat them in 6.Get a supposed better team with the Ducks.Beat them in 5.Win the Western Confrence.As an 8 seed.Unheard of.Get a great Carolina team in the Stanley Cup finals.Lose the first game in an awful fashion.Lose there starting goalie in the process.Lose game 2 5-0.Down 2 games this team could have folded up like a cheap suit.But no.Go back to Edmonton and split.Now down 3 -1.Again most teams would have quit.Win game 5 in Overtime on a SHG.Win game 6 in convincing fashion 4-0.Game 7 you never know,right?I had faith till the empty net goal tonight.Marrkanen played very well.The offense just was a step behind.Just not crisp passing like game 6.As I sit here,I am not in the greatest of moods.I had some of my best friends over for the game and they did there best to cheer me up.Thanks for coming over guys.Say what you want but it was a really incredible run and I'm glad to be a fan of this team.

Go Oilers Go!

Thanks for the links Derek. Especially liked the one about the 2,200 troops trying to fit into the 100 person TV tent to watch the game over in Afghanistan. :)

I wonder if The Team puts the games the radio because I have a feeling I'm going to lose power before everything starts. Huge storm going on here and the lights have flickered already.....

Your welcome!

Well, I'm not really sure what to say. I just feel really bad for you John. :(

I know how much it meant to you. You are a passionate fan and stuck with your team till the bitter end. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Congratulations to the Oilers on an outstanding season. And congrats to the 2006 Stanley Cup Champion Hurricanes. We can say what we want but they earned it.

That was a very exciting series. Bravo!

As a long time Oilers fan I can say this was very special.This team never quit.Get Detroit in the first round.Down one game.Beat them in 6.Get a good San Jose team in the second round.Go down 2 games.Beat them in 6.Get a supposed better team with the Ducks.Beat them in 5.Win the Western Confrence.As an 8 seed.Unheard of.Get a great Carolina team in the Stanley Cup finals.Lose the first game in an awful fashion.Lose there starting goalie in the process.Lose game 2 5-0.Down 2 games this team could have folded up like a cheap suit.But no.Go back to Edmonton and split.Now down 3 -1.Again most teams would have quit.Win game 5 in Overtime on a SHG.Win game 6 in convincing fashion 4-0.Game 7 you never know,right?I had faith till the empty net goal tonight.Marrkanen played very well.The offense just was a step behind.Just not crisp passing like game 6.As I sit here,I am not in the greatest of moods.I had some of my best friends over for the game and they did there best to cheer me up.Thanks for coming over guys.Say what you want but it was a really incredible run and I'm glad to be a fan of this team.

Go Oilers Go!

Great post! It was a pleasure to come over and support your team during their incredible run.

Next year, it's Buffalo vs Edmonton!!!!!

Yup. They obviously don't know enough about hockey to realize that you're supposed to BOO the Weas-- er, I mean, Commissioner. B )

Well, I think they applauded him because they were happy they won the cup, and Bettman has brough a salary cap to the league so they don't have to worry about Staal or Cole or Cam Ward being bought by the Rangers,RedWings or Leafs.

Parity, you gotta love it.

Gretzky's pesky trapping Oilers failed, beautiful :hah:

Im going to the game, so the Canes are going to win.

I need to stop going to Canes games:

I have seen the Canes knock out the Devils, knock out the Sabres in game 7 and now the Oilers in game 7.

The Canes need to start paying me to go games because they are now 3-0 when I am in the building.

I STOOD THE WHOLE fvckING GOD DAMN GAME AND WAS NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. YES IT'S GAME 7 BUT JESUS CHRIST YOU CAN SEE IF YOU SIT DOWN.

Those pieces of paper falling from the building were NOT Bobcats tickets.

I have a tons of pics and video that I will post when I get home.

There was a good amount of Oilers fans that showed up, too bad the Oilers didn't for the first 2 periods. Dear God I didn't think that a team could have a worse powerplay than the Devils but that Oilers one made me want to pull my hair out more.

HOLY fvck HOW DID WARD SAVE THAT PUCK AGAINST PISANI?!?!?

The Oilers didn't deserve to win, they choked this series with how bad their PP was.

There was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more people on the ice after the game than the Devils game in 03.

The Canes didn't take the Stanley Cup to the locker room until right around 12am because as soon as the Stanley Cup went to the locker room was when I left the arena.

There was a cover band playing after the game outside and people were dancing and having a good old time. A lotttt of people stayed to party outside.

AND THE BEST NEWS FOR ALL DEVILS FAN, WE ARE NOW 1 OF 2 TEAMS THAT HAS A PARADE IN THE PARKING LOT!!! THE CANES ARE HAVING THERES TOMORROW NIGHT!

And one more thing I have now been to 2 Stanley Cup clinching games, and none will top game 7 in 03 cause the Devils are my team(unless they win again) there is nothing greater than seeing the Cup celebration.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Well if you want to count any other leagues we had our kelly cup parade in our arenas parking lot.

Congrats to you guys on that, im a Trenton Titans fan, and I was rooting for you guys this postseason cause it was a miracle we won that game 7 out there last year and the Aces really deserved it and so did their fans.

Well, I think they applauded him because they were happy they won the cup, and Bettman has brough a salary cap to the league so they don't have to worry about Staal or Cole or Cam Ward being bought by the Rangers,RedWings or Leafs.

Parity, you gotta love it.

Gretzky's pesky trapping Oilers failed, beautiful :hah:

You think the Canes don't trap? :blink:

I have a nice piece of wetland smack in the middle of the Mojave Desert that I want to talk to you about buying. :rofl:

Is it just me or did the fact that the Canes fans stood the entire game drive anyone else absolutely crazy?

If it were the deadmonton fans people would have been saying what great fans they are...

I am going to take a week off, thanks DM!

Derek's friend seems to have gone a little off the deep end.

Look buddy, there are proper ways of dealing with your team losing. This isn't it. I remember my team losing a 7th game of a Cup final and I didn't go around calling someone a "dumb bitch" or a "fvcking tool". Annabelle has been jovial most of these game threads and even STARTED the game threads against superstition. You on the other hand have been insulting and demeaning.

Edited by DevilMinder

Is it just me or did the fact that the Canes fans stood the entire game drive anyone else absolutely crazy?

Extremely annoying, though they are used to it, they do it at NASCAR all the time.

Go Oilers Go!

I see most of your points, except the "Again most teams would have quit" part. There just aint NO WAY a team in the finals would EVER give up. I don't care what team, when, or what the series score, or the injured players. Your team had a big hurdle losing Rolo, I'll give you that. But the Pane PP was a killer this playoffs.

I am going to take a week off, thanks DM!

Woah! Not taking that loss well, I see. Somebody needs a heaping helping...of STFU :lol:

Edited by DevilMinder

I hate the Cane's fans but I thought the standing up thing was awesome. Biggest game of the year, so why not show their support and stand up? That would be so cool to do at a Devil game sometime.