NJDevs Fantasy Hockey '14-15

NJDevs4978

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the trade a little bit more for you more than the other guy tbh lol...unless he thinks Anderson's for real and Varlamov'll fall off this year.  Or he just needed roster flexibility/wing help (since MSL is a RW and Bergeron's 'only' C eligible).

I might wind up trading one of my C-only eligible players before the season's over but for the moment might as well rotate them or hope one gains wing eligibilty too lol - mostly I've been playing Nielsen or Zajac as my C4 - both played when Kopitar was out, with Kopitar, Koivu (despite his horrendous start) and Brassard as my top three.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I get the trade a little bit more for you more than the other guy tbh lol...unless he thinks Anderson's for real and Varlamov'll fall off this year. Or he just needed roster flexibility/wing help (since MSL is a RW and Bergeron's 'only' C eligible).

I might wind up trading one of my C-only eligible players before the season's over but for the moment might as well rotate them or hope one gains wing eligibilty too lol - mostly I've been playing Nielsen or Zajac as my C4 - both played when Kopitar was out, with Kopitar, Koivu (despite his horrendous start) and Brassard as my top three.

I had to dump Varlamov, he hasn't done anything good this year, and while I did need Bergeron for face offs, I thought MSL would be more productive in the points category, but I take a huge +/- risk in bringing him on.

Edit: Case in point on Varlamov here, losing 2-0 to the Isles.

Edited by NJDEVS1730

Is this the trading room?

can be...

but if it is... make it the

WAR ROOM

By all means use this thread to facilitate trades (although you don't really want to 'publicly' negotiate too much beyond the basics lol, PM's could help with that too).  There's also the trading block on Yahoo where you list players on the block and what you want back but in my experience most people don't use/pay attention to it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Real great two days, a team -10 yesterday and today I benched Zajac when of course he finally comes alive.

Its funny you say that, I've had 2 or 3 really bad +/- days, that combined for like a minus 15, 1 day I think I was -8.  And I relly thought my team would be a strong +/-

& this freakin GWG stat... HATE IT!!

Its funny you say that, I've had 2 or 3 really bad +/- days, that combined for like a minus 15, 1 day I think I was -8.  And I relly thought my team would be a strong +/-

& this freakin GWG stat... HATE IT!!

You're next to last in total goals period so the GWG isn't totally out of whack with your overall total.

I'm usually dreadful at +/- but I have gotten off to a decent start this year in spite of the -10 the other night.  With the expanded rosters there's a new definition of what's a good night and what's a bad night scoringwise.  I'm surprised my weakest categories have been assists and goalie wins to this point, the Kings really have been slumping for almost a month now after a strong start but at least the goalies have managed to keep a high save percentage despite being peppered with 35-40 shots a night.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You're next to last in total goals period so the GWG isn't totally out of whack with your overall total.

I'm usually dreadful at +/- but I have gotten off to a decent start this year in spite of the -10 the other night.  With the expanded rosters there's a new definition of what's a good night and what's a bad night scoringwise.  I'm surprised my weakest categories have been assists and goalie wins to this point, the Kings really have been slumping for almost a month now after a strong start but at least the goalies have managed to keep a high save percentage despite being peppered with 35-40 shots a night.

That is a good point, the last 3 weeks we have just stopped scoring, getting a ton of assists though!

In general I have found it harded to manage all the categories with this roster, I guess there is a learning curve...

My team has been on a bit of a drought too...  and Rask needs to step it up.  I keep my eye on Kesler and fortunately I wasn't missing anything on him - I sold high it would appear.

I thought my team's +/- would be great this year; but instead I'm getting a lot of PPP and not so much even strength.    And would a single SHP be too much to ask for?  

The season is long; so we'll see how this plays out.  Trending poorly though these past 3+ weeks though.

The more time I spend with this game, the more I am aware how clueless I am.

Is there a place where the weight of the different stat categories is explained? How are they player ranks calculated? I just don't know how to compare players who excel at complete different areas.

Is there a place where the weight of the different stat categories is explained? How are they player ranks calculated? I just don't know how to compare players who excel at complete different areas.

The ranking is only relative as a 'complete' player for our counted stats...   but honestly, I never trust it.

It's always best to look at your teams needs and try to acquire/boot players that will strengthen your weakness.   It's far better to be 10s across the board, than 14 in three categories, and 4s in the rest. 

I don't know this for fact but I'm pretty sure Yahoo player ranks equally weight whatever their 'default' categories are. I'm not sure hits/blocks or face off wins is a normal default (and PIM probably is one of their defaults which isn't relevant here) so like ayl I don't go by the ranks too much, though it can be a better barometer if you just need scoring or goaltending and only use the in season ranks as opposed to the predictor ranks (the Y! Category) which can be REALLY bizarre.

While each single category counts for the same scoring affects more categories offensively so that's generally more important though at the same time you don't want to completely punt the 'role player' categories either. You can get an idea of where you're strong and where not by looking at your ranks in each category.

Edited by NJDevs4978