RUMOR: Devils interested in Dany Heatley?

puckrock

Devils age is overblown. The 2 Forty year old goalies skew the average high. Look at who the important skaters are and you'll see the Devils are fine age-wise.

I wish you look at the link I provided... you can search the average age for ALL positions...

That said, the New Jersey Devils are STILL the oldest at the following positions: Forwards,  Defense, and Goalies.

Sorry statistics aren't provided for Coaching/Management ages... which truly doesn't matter.

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

I wish you look at the link I provided... you can search the average age for ALL positions...

That said, the New Jersey Devils are STILL the oldest at the following positions: Forwards,  Defense, and Goalies.

Sorry statistics aren't provided for Coaching/Management ages... which truly doesn't matter.

I wish you looked or understood the link you provided, the Devils are not the oldest team at forward.  They're 9th.

The Devils weighted average goalie age is 3.5 years older than 2nd place, for no other position is the difference between any spot 0.6, so obviously that skews the Devils high.

The weighted average difference, including the Devils goalies which skew the Devils skaters high, between 1st and 20th is 2.5 years, do you think 2.5 years in average team age makes almost any difference?

everybody calm down! I wouldn't mind Heatley on our team. Def wouldn't give a 1st or 2nd.. As for cap.. cmon guys.. We got enough room to sign dipietro and yashin. Of course this whole thing is based on a rumor over twitter. so lets all have a hot dog a cold beer and pretend we have an amazing team :)

You need to go back and look at all the scoring for all the positions on the site, the information completely refutes what you just stated... and yes, 2.5 year NHL older age can make a world of difference, especially when the average NHL retirement age is roughly 28 years. 

Any age increase past the weighted prime is a major contributing factor

You need to go back and look at all the scoring for all the positions on the site, the information completely refutes what you just stated... and yes, 2.5 year NHL older age can make a world of difference, especially when the average NHL retirement age is roughly 28 years. 

Any age increase past the weighted prime is a major contributing factor

What are you talking about?  Which things did I state that were incorrect?  I pointed out the Devils are 9th in forwards in weighted average and 6th by straight average, if you still think the Devils are the oldest at forward then you can't even read the chart when someone tells you where to look.

Look at the ages of the Devils important skaters, the only ones whose age are a worry are Elias and Zidlicky, everyone else is at an age where it's not a worry.  Kovy, Henrique, Clarkson, Zajac, Greene, Larsson, and Fayne are all under 30 and are all big parts of the team. 

What are you talking about?  Which things did I state that were incorrect?  I pointed out the Devils are 9th in forwards in weighted average and 6th by straight average, if you still think the Devils are the oldest at forward then you can't even read the chart when someone tells you where to look.

Look at the ages of the Devils important skaters, the only ones whose age are a worry are Elias and Zidlicky, everyone else is at an age where it's not a worry.  Kovy, Henrique, Clarkson, Zajac, Greene, Larsson, and Fayne are all under 30 and are all big parts of the team. 

Greene is exactly thirty.  Larsson isn't a big part of the team yet.  Fayne was, but has been compromised by the D merry-go-round this year.  They are old on defense by and large, but that isn't a big issue since the lion's share of their prospects are also on D.

Forward they're generally fine age-wise, although that's also the thinnest part of the roster.