David Clarkson

Zubie#8

I need to vent a little here... :whistling:

As we get closer to the day where we need to be under the cap, all i can personally hope for is to see clarkson traded somewhere else. Im sure there will be a lot of people here who object to this but for the last three years i have watched this player and just sighed everytime he is on the ice. I took the trip to long island last night and could not take it anymore. clarkson has absolutely no hockey sense and last night he just plainly sucked. He slowed down josefson and zubs and just holds on to the puck for an incredible amount of time to just turn it over. Im just shocked that there is very little talk to trade clarkson instead of anyone else. Id rather have rolston langenbrunner salvs zubrus and even colin white over clarkson. Clarkson is the most inconsistent player on this team and he needs to be traded.

...yes clarkson brings some spunk and attitude to the ice but i think leblond and pelley can handle that aspect of the gm :cheers:

Edited by Zubie#8

hey dainus, did you read Chere's article and decide you had to let us all know who you wanted moved instead of you? did you type this from your ipad?

well played sir :whistling: , yes zubrus is wayyyy overpaid but i just cant stand clarkson anymore and i know theres other people here who cant stand watching him anymore

...and its DAINIUS not dainus :giggle:

Edited by Zubie#8

hey dainus, did you read Chere's article and decide you had to let us all know who you wanted moved instead of you? did you type this from your ipad?

Exactly... Talk about inconsistent..... Zubrus was another one of those absolutely ridiculous contracts... When you look at Zubrus Clarkson actually has a decent contract.....

but for the last three years i have watched this player and just sighed everytime he is on the ice.

Clarkson is the most inconsistent player on this team and he needs to be traded.

you says hes inconsistent but apparently to you hes consistent at being bad? how does that make sense haha

i know theres people who agree with me on this but im gona be by myself on this one

I guess nobody watched the gm saturday since it wasnt on tv, or nobody went to it, if you were there you would of laughed at clarkson, he was pitiful, one play he was by himself in the slot and fanned twice then dropped his stick, tripped on the stick and went to the bench, the stick wasnt even broken thats the funny part i sat right behind the net and the stick was not broken, his passes were horrible, he held onto the puck forever and couldnt make anything out of it and his shots were pathetic....HE HAS NO SENSE out on the ice, he has those great games a couple times a year which makes you think we need to seal this guy for life, ive seen no improvement since hes been here

and yes zubrus is extremely overpaid but he brings a dynamic to the third or second line, hes a best on the boards and is a playmaker, if we trade clarkson what would we miss? his character on the ice? whatever

Edited by Zubie#8

i know theres people who agree with me on this but im gona be by myself on this one

I guess nobody watched the gm saturday since it wasnt on tv, or nobody went to it, if you were there you would of laughed at clarkson, he was pitiful, one play he was by himself in the slot and fanned twice then dropped his stick, tripped on the stick and went to the bench, the stick wasnt even broken thats the funny part i sat right behind the net and the stick was not broken, his passes were horrible, he held onto the puck forever and couldnt make anything out of it and his shots were pathetic....HE HAS NO SENSE out on the ice, he has those great games a couple times a year which makes you think we need to seal this guy for life, ive seen no improvement since hes been here

and yes zubrus is extremely overpaid but he brings a dynamic to the third or second line, hes a best on the boards and is a playmaker, if we trade clarkson what would we miss? his character on the ice? whatever

We would definitely miss his character on the ice. Clarkson is team guy! Guys like Clarkson don't come around very often. you know the ones who stand up for comrades by knocking someone out if they have to and then has the ability to score as well... The Devils need him! There are about 5-6 guys like him in the whole league... Useless big guys that don't play to their size like Zubrus are a dime a dozen.....

We would definitely miss his character on the ice. Clarkson is team guy! Guys like Clarkson don't come around very often. you know the ones who stand up for comrades by knocking someone out if they have to and then has the ability to score as well... The Devils need him! There are about 5-6 guys like him in the whole league... Useless big guys that don't play to their size like Zubrus are a dime a dozen.....

yes i understand clarkson defends and protects the guys, but he drives me crazy when hes on the ice :doh1: , he plays like a 4th liner

Edited by Zubie#8

Zubrus is slightly overpaid but considering the situation the Devils were in after Gomez bolted and that he was brought on via FA, the Devils had to pay a little extra for his services. Even so, he has been a good player for NJ these past 3 seasons. People tend to dump on him because they feel he should produce more but Zubrus brings a lot to the table. He's a big strong player, a monster along the boards, very good defensively, can play center or wing and has also shown that he can produce when paired with quality line mates.

Between Clarkson and Zubrus it's a no contest imho. Zubrus is the better player. I never really cared for Clarkson tbh and was not thrilled with the contract he was given this off season. Like the OP states, he totally lacks hockey sense. You would think he was the only guy on the ice for the Devils when he plays. He still has a hard time staying on his feet and just does not use his line mates. I was encouraged by the start of last season because he seemed to finally turn the corner with certain aspects of his game but he seems to have completely regressed since he came from his broken foot. I like his feisty attitude but I'd have no problem with him being moved out.

yes i understand clarkson defends and protects the guys, but he drives me crazy when hes on the ice :doh1: , he plays like a 4th liner

Your posting like he's a top 6 forward stealing minutes away from the team's stars... There is not another player that can take his role on in the entire organization. The whole Albany team can come up here and play like Zubrus.....

Your posting like he's a top 6 forward stealing minutes away from the team's stars... There is not another player that can take his role on in the entire organization. The whole Albany team can come up here and play like Zubrus.....

throw sestito or zharkov in there and theyll do ten times better than clarkson

Zubrus is slightly overpaid but considering the situation the Devils were in after Gomez bolted and that he was brought on via FA, the Devils had to pay a little extra for his services. Even so, he has been a good player for NJ these past 3 seasons. People tend to dump on him because they feel he should produce more but Zubrus brings a lot to the table. He's a big strong player, a monster along the boards, very good defensively, can play center or wing and has also shown that he can produce when paired with quality line mates.

Between Clarkson and Zubrus it's a no contest imho. Zubrus is the better player. I never really cared for Clarkson tbh and was not thrilled with the contract he was given this off season. Like the OP states, he totally lacks hockey sense. You would think he was the only guy on the ice for the Devils when he plays. He still has a hard time staying on his feet and just does not use his line mates. I was encouraged by the start of last season because he seemed to finally turn the corner with certain aspects of his game but he seems to have completely regressed since he came from his broken foot. I like his feisty attitude but I'd have no problem with him being moved out.

I think a lot of people cut Zubrus slack because of the disdain for the guy he was brought in to replace. Does Clarkson lack hockey sense? Sure, but he also brings a lot of value to the team with his skill set.

Clarkson has had to fight for all his minutes. He evolved from being that 4th line fighter to EARNing where he's at now. I want to see how being a 3rd line guy works for him. Zubrus, Josefson, and Clarkson showed little hints of chemistry during camp and I think that if Clarkson is on that line for a good part of the year and stays healthy, you could see maybe 20 goals from him, which isnt bad for a "4th liner"

I think a lot of people cut Zubrus slack because of the disdain for the guy he was brought in to replace. Does Clarkson lack hockey sense? Sure, but he also brings a lot of value to the team with his skill set.

that's funny because I was thinking the same thing about Zubrus

does this skill set consist of cant skating, cant pass, cant shoot, and going 1 for 150 on wraparound attempts? his skill set is his character

HAHA ya lets have clarkson lead that line of rookies, now thats a joke

Edited by Zubie#8

I don't buy that about Gomez. It's been 3 years now and he's a Canadien. Does anybody really care about 2008 anymore?

I just can't understand how after 3 years in the league, Clarkson still can't seem to stay on his feet or pass to his line mates? It makes no sense to me. And then you see the stupid episodes that take place when he gets involved with Avery.

I don't buy that about Gomez. It's been 3 years now and he's a Canadien. Does anybody really care about 2008 anymore?

I just can't understand how after 3 years in the league, Clarkson still can't seem to stay on his feet or pass to his line mates? It makes no sense to me. And then you see the stupid episodes that take place when he gets involved with Avery.

yup, whenever clarkson gets the puck he takes it in the zone, aimlessly circles around, makes a bad pass or a crappy wraparound which ends up in the neutral zone

Honestly, I see Pelly as a waste of a roster spot. He doesnt offer what he should even considering the contract he just accepted. Sure, I agree, Clarkson isnt always consistent but thats part of being a professional athlete. On the other hand, he should step up a little bit but he has been told and fully believes, as do I, that this year he is going to be up there. He knows the situation with the team/cap and I fully beleive that he will step up his game this season. Time will tell.

I think there are other players (Rolston/Pelly) that should go before Clarkson.

Since coming to the AHL/NHL in 2008 Zharkov has had 17 goals and 48 assists. He isnt any more constiant (less) then Clarkson.

Clarkson is going to produce this season....you watch. If we got rid of him, I think it would be one of those situations where he goes to another team and has a season better then he ever has in NJ. Then we are all left here......... :cryriver:

Edited by Quinn01

zharkov is terrible. did he even have a point last year? clarkson was way more productive than both those two you just named

zharkovs first season ten assists plus 2 in 40 gms, he will improve, thus my point that he will be better than clarkson, and i like sesito, he looks like a complete player i hope they give him another shot

Edited by Zubie#8

Sure they (Zharkov/Sesito) have promise, but why take a chance on one player when you have someone that you can actually put faith in like Clarkson. Clarkson (statistically) played half the games last season that he did the season before. In 2009 he put up 34 points, last season, in half the games mind you, put up 24 points. His first season in NJ, he played 81 games and had 22 points. See any sort of pattern?

Just have faith my friend. :cheers: