New Jersey Devils Jerseys

Chorske17

What is interesting, is Montreal the first team to come out and say something about the real and the fake jerseys? Have not seen any other team do this or say anything. Maybe the other teams don't have a problem and only Montreal does. It is up to the fan on what he wants or doesn't want to spend on a jersey. But some of those fake jerseys are embarrassing to see.

Some of the fake ones that are embarrassing to you are not really intended to mimic the real item though. You might think the girl wearing the all black Devils jersey looks stupid because the jersey is fake, but she might think it is really neat looking hence the reason she bought it. Just saying, I know what you mean but that's my take on it.

A good portion of the Devils fakes are pretty noticeable if you take the time to study them. However, are stripes that are a bit wider, a logo that is bit shiny, and replica materials worth an extra $100 for a replica? That's up to the buyer. Since the NHL is cracking down on these jerseys, one would think they have taken a hit on sales and the public has decided the real deal is too expensive.

I have a legit Daneyko throwback I wear to games, as well as a legit Brodeur. I also have a fake Brodeur to wear during pond hockey games. I notice very few differences. The only difference is, if someone spills beer on the fake, I am fine. If someone spills beer on my Daneyko jersey, I'm going to have to kill a mofo.

I have a Columbus Blue Jackets fake, and I held it up to my buddy's legit Jackets jersey and their is literally no difference, besides that the silver in the crest sparkles on the real deal. Not worth paying $150 for sparkles on a jersey that is of my second team.

Edited by mmajeski06

I tend to buy licensed replicas (whatever the hell they call them now) because I've found a site that does a good job with them. I don't mind spending a little extra money, because they do good work. But that's just personal choice. I really couldn't care less what other people buy with their own money.

There are some well made knock offs out there. A friend of mine got a Gionta one years ago that looks fine. There are some real bad ones out there, though.

I'm generally not worried about if the jerseys are authentic or drawn on a random-colored shirt by a 5-year-old. Then again, I'm content with a regular Devils t-shirt and the hat I got from the Holiday Hat Trick. Instead of pretending it's International Insult Swap Meet 2011, just be happy knowing that you got whatever jersey you wanted with your own hard-earned dollars.

Dial back the personal insults people. I am actually getting pretty FRIGGIN sick of the same 4 or 5 of you being so uncivil to each other. This is your last warning in the future you will just find yourself banned.

I don't care what your reasons are or how long you have been on the forum or how much you have spent.

Stop it now.

• Like 1

How about we all stop pissing and moaning over whether or not people are buying legitimate jerseys and focus more on the fact people are actually trying to acquire DEVILS jerseys????

Jesus, lets remember, we aren't exactly packing a house like a sea of red? who gives a rats ass how a fan comes about a jersey and just celebrate our fans actually try to support the team in public by wearing a jersey, real or not?

like a previous post stated, i dont care if you were gifted one from scotty stevens himself, or if your 3 year old niece drew it on a red shirt, has the logo upside-down and the letters all sorts of backwards. the fact of the matter is you're showing your Devils pride one way or another, and not for nothing, at this point in time, i'm beyond proud to see anyone wearing ANYTHING Devils

Edited by jagknife

I bought a Parise USA jersey a few months ago just for the hell of it knowing it was a fake and I think I paid 50 for it and its my jersey to play pond hockey with and just wear around. It doesnt look nearly as nice as an authentic or replica.

I woudlnt wear it to a game though.

Edited by Quinn01

Dude...what does that even mean? Are you seriously that big of a piece of sh!t? Have you ever met, let alone SEEN Ken (unknown poster)? At what point through your simple mind does that even seem like a rational reaction?

Take a fvcking hike my man. :rolleyes:

DevilMinder, didn't you just threaten a ban for continuation of profane slander?

Edited by этотсайтебут
  • Like 1

DevilMinder, didn't you just threaten a ban for continuation of profane slander?

Yeah I shoudlnt have said anything. I should have kept my mouth shut and not gotten involved. Originally, what Hurr said was uncalled for.

Edited by Quinn01

a replica RBK edge? those things are sh!ttier than knockoffs. I have a Madden replica RBK edge that I used for one season for about 1/3rds of the games. it has so many snags and flaws on it that it looks like a bunch of cats went to town on it

Edited by maxpower

No, I hope people keep buying the fakes. The NHL made a super scumbag money grab with this whole RBK/Edge crap. They totally jacked up the price of jerseys...the price of authentics went way up, even the price of replicas went up but the quality of replicas have gone down. You used to be able to get pretty much exactly what the players wore on the ice for a decent price, sewn on name, logo etc. Now "replicas" have the name pressed on and that garish ugly RBK box logo on the lower right of the jersey...this was done by design "oh you want the real thing with the stitching and all...$275" well you used to get almost the real thing (just no fight strap) for like $60.

So keep it up, keep buying fakes. Great value, and they look very close to the real thing. Keep putting pressure on the league and they'll be forced to lower prices to compete. That's where these desperation tactics like the one's montreal is employing come from.

• Like 1