The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

Yes, Clemmenson does give me pause. But let's face it, if the Devils lose to the Panthers they don't deserve too much sympathy ... and they probably weren't going anywhere anyway. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/stanleycup.htm

Okay, I don't usually join in on the "Why does NHL.com hate us?" bandwagon, but I couldn't help but scoff at this video at the top of this page I linked to. They show:

pros -

Stevens holding the cup for about 1.5 seconds

cons -

Entire clip of the Rangers winning the Cup with the full call

Entire clip of Colorado defeating us in Game 7

Entire clip of Philly winning the Cup 247 years ago

Crosby undressing Zidlicky

Man, even the Panthers have a "Because it's the Cup commercial." Where's the love?

/rant

That video was brilliant.

I can't even tell you guys how pumped I am. The last time I saw Devils playoff hockey was in 2009. And we all know what happened that year. In 2010, when we were ousted by Philadelphia, I did not get to see one game because I was at CG boot camp. And then last year, obviously we missed out. So for me it feels like an eternity. I know I am going to sound like a broken record by the time this is settled Saturday night, but for the love of the hockey gods, FLORIDA can you PLEASE GET A POINT!! I already purchased tickets to Game 1 at the BankAtlantic Center. I don't want to waste a four hour drive to see the friggin' Rags play them! Screw that.

I am so damn excited. Best time of the year.

wow that pumped the sh!t outa me :D

time to put my devils flag on my car!

One of the better pump up videos I've found so far... didn't see it posted yet:

Also, I know everyone likes to rip on Steve C. all the time, but damn if this isn't one of my favorite calls of the regular season:

edit: except for the part where Chico calls him Adam Larsson... lmao, just noticed that!

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30

In the spirit of board tradition, folks should remove any avatar that has a Stanley Cup picture or anything related. :)

I had no idea this tradition existed and accept full blame for all Devils playoff shortcomings since I joined this forum. The Dano '03 Cup celebration avatar has been removed and replaced with a photo of him as far removed from his Cup successes as I could find.

Let's win this damn thing!