#401 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Not an UFA. nvm.

Edited by Devs4LordStanley, 23 July 2012 - 01:16 PM.

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#402 JakeDev

JakeDev

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
News from Nashville: Siarhei Kastsitsyn (NSH) has settled: 2 yrs AAV $3 mil.

I believe this is suppose to be Sergei Kostitsyn

#403 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

So, the trade takes the Rangers out of the 'race' for Doan.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#404 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

HAHAHAHA yess. Nash is a 55-65 point player. I sure hope they overpaid

#405 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

HAHAHAHA yess. Nash is a 55-65 point player. I sure hope they overpaid

Unfortunately I disagree, with some actual talent I think he'll put up big numbers.

Ugh.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#406 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Unfortunately I disagree, with some actual talent I think he'll put up big numbers.

Ugh.

Trouble is, he's on the downside of his career.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#407 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

They want both Doan and Nash that's the rumour.

#408 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

Nash is the highest paid Ranger.

#409 Devildude

Devildude

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

I was obviously kidding with that comparison, yet i still dont think its a good selling point no. I really dont. Brodeur is past his prime big time. You dont sign somewhere based on the past success of a 40 years old man at the end of his career, cmon now. Like i said if a guy sign for more than 3 years he wont even be around by the end of his contract.

To play with kovalchuk is a good selling point, the guy is a beast and hes still among the top players, brodeur isnt anymore.

I think the selling point is the fact that the Devils have been a competitive team every year since the 1995. I don't remember off hand, but have we made the playoffs every year but 2? Think of a team like Toronto that has been around a lot longer, but has not had the recent success we have.
Still a Fan of Friesen!

Those Devils are Damn Good... DAMN GOOD!!!!

#410 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

I think the selling point is the fact that the Devils have been a competitive team every year since the 1995. I don't remember off hand, but have we made the playoffs every year but 2? Think of a team like Toronto that has been around a lot longer, but has not had the recent success we have.

We're the defending Eastern Conference champions, the best fvcking team in the NHL's Eastern Conference.

That right there should be the selling point of all selling points.

n2eg.jpg

#411 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Didnt know where to post this but Tim Thomas is at it again...

http://espn.go.com/b...l-facebook-post

What a joke, I remember when I use to admire him as a hockey player and role model, now he is becoming a political clown. :horse:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#412 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

What a joke, I remember when I use to admire him as a hockey player and role model, now he is becoming a political clown. :horse:

To be fair their waffle fries are terrific. Posted Image

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#413 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

I've seen other people feel athletes/musicians/actors in the public eye shouldn't mention politics...unless agreeing with their own politics. I think Sean Avery even got a thread on a Devils board praising him for jumping into political speech. Either these guys have the rights to their opinions and can speak them or they are public figures and should never speak them, but it's not that they should speak only ones I agree with or they're political clowns.

Unless you consider him a clown because he said he'd stand by Chik-Fil-A, in which case that should be in the politics thread.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#414 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Oh boy, here we go again.

It's just gravy that he plays (played) for Boston.

And oh yeah, Chic Fil A is delicious.

believe-ll.jpg

#415 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

I've seen other people feel athletes/musicians/actors in the public eye shouldn't mention politics...unless agreeing with their own politics. I think Sean Avery even got a thread on a Devils board praising him for jumping into political speech. Either these guys have the rights to their opinions and can speak them or they are public figures and should never speak them, but it's not that they should speak only ones I agree with or they're political clowns.

Unless you consider him a clown because he said he'd stand by Chik-Fil-A, in which case that should be in the politics thread.

I am not saying I disagree with anything he is saying but in my opinion professional athletes, actors, musicians, etc, should not become political ideologists until after they retire. It just rubs me the wrong way. Its fine to support or acknowledge support for something but in this case Thomas is using his fame to spew his ideology out there, and this is the second time so thats why it rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by Zubie#8, 27 July 2012 - 02:44 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#416 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

I agree. Everyone praised Avery for his stance on gay marriage, but pans Thomas for his opposing political views. They're are both entitled to their opinions, whether or not you agree with them.

As an aside, can you imagine what Lou would do if Thomas was tweeting/Fb'ing this stuff while he played for the Devils?

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 27 July 2012 - 02:43 PM.

Posted Image

#417 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

Thomas should worry about keeping in shape not eating greasy bigoted fast food.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#418 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

The Sens bought out 25 year old right handed winger Bobby Butler today. I wonder if the Devils would have any interest in signing him for depth purposes and/or to help Albany out?

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#419 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

The Sens bought out 25 year old right handed winger Bobby Butler today. I wonder if the Devils would have any interest in signing him for depth purposes and/or to help Albany out?

Looks like we were interested in him a few years ago.

The Ottawa Senators are close to signing American college star Bobby Butler, Hockey Night in Canada 's Elliotte Friedman reported Sunday.

Butler, 22, plays in the NCAA for New Hampshire, and led all college players in scoring during the regular season with 27 goals.

He added two more when New Hampshire beat Cornell 6-2 on Friday in the first round of the NCAA men's hockey championship, but his team was eliminated a day later by Rochester Institute of Technology.

Ottawa apparently beat out strong bids from New Jersey, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver for Butler's services.

Edited by Zubie#8, 27 July 2012 - 10:08 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#420 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Looks like we were interested in him a few years ago.

Interesting, I had no idea about that. We'll see if the Devils still have interest after all these years.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users