2010-2011 NEW JERSEY NETS Thread

nyrsuck26

Nets have dropped 4 straight, but its hard to really expect much when 3 of those games were against conference powerhouses Miami and Orlando. That loss to the Bobcats earlier in the week was the killer, especially considering they were up 8 to 10 points with a few minutes left.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5920357

The New Jersey Nets agreed to trade Terrence Williams to the Houston Rockets in a three-way deal that will land them Los Angeles Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic and a pair of first-round draft picks, sources confirmed to ESPN.com.

The acquisition of the two first-round picks now gives the Nets a total of five first-rounders over the next two seasons. Aside from their own 2011 and 2012 firsts, New Jersey also has the Golden State Warriors' lottery-protected 2011 first-round pick, which was acquired in the Marcus Williams trade back in 2008.

I know nothing when it comes to basketball but this has to be good for the Nets...get more picks, get rid of a head ache that seemed like he was no longer in their long term plans, and get the guy who is engaged to Sharapova haha!

TWill was never gonna play, so this seems like a pretty decent return. You can never have too many draft picks.

If I remember correctly, Melo said he will only sign an extension with the Knicks, so he wouldn't necessarily be opposed to just playing this season with NJ. It's the Nets that don't want him unless he signs the extension. Who can blame them, they're not exactly gonna win the championship this year.

More news:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32203978/ns/sports-player_news/

Denver's Channel 7 kicked off an Internet firestorm when they reported that the Nuggets and Nets "agreed to terms" on a trade for Carmelo Anthony, but those reports have been thoroughly denied by the Nuggets and Anthony, and most reputable NBA insiders are saying there is no such deal in place.

Rotoworld contacted Channel 7 for comment and they stood by their report, so it will be interesting to see how they wiggle out of this one. Chances are they won't, and even if there was the framework of a deal discussed, the key piece is Melo's acceptance of an extension which is far from a done deal. Melo will be in uniform when the Nuggets play the Spurs on Thursday.

Interesting... I'm sure its just bad reporting, but would definitely love it if it happened. That would show the new ownership and management actually cares about winning.

Or at least just getting asses in the seats.

I was hoping it was happening just because Im going on Thursday and the game is not very tantalizing at the moment since Wall probably isnt even going to play. It'd have been sweet if it was Melo's NJ debut.

Went to the game tonight and I may have fallen asleep. Granted, it was against the Wizards, so two absolute crap teams playing. The Nets blew a 22 point lead, but they did win.

I'm a Knicks fan, so it was tough choosing. Me and my buddy were just sitting there dumbfounded. Cant believe I made it through the whole game. Such boring crap. Dont think Ill bother with the Nets again, free or otherwise lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Credit: NBA.com, Yahoo Sports and ESPN

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/01/09/carmelo.anthony.trade.close/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

The New Jersey Nets were close on Sunday evening to acquiring All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony from the Denver Nuggets in a three-team deal with the Detroit Pistons, but are still looking to get a commitment from Anthony and his camp on a long-term contract, according to two league sources.

The deal would send Anthony, along with guards Chauncey Billups and Anthony Carter, along with center Shelden Williams, to the Nets. Detroit would send veteran Rip Hamilton to New Jersey. The Nets would send guard Devin Harris, rookie forward Derrick Favors, guards Anthony Morrow, Stephen Graham, Quinton Ross and Ben Uzoh, along with two first-round picks, to the Nuggets. New Jersey would send center Johan Petro and forward Troy Murphy (and his expiring $12 million contract) to Detroit.

The potential savings for Detroit -- Hamilton has two years and $25 million left on his deal -- combined with the opportunity to break up the backcourt logjam that has plagued the team for two seasons makes the deal irresistable for the Pistons. Trading Hamilton would allow the team to, finally, move Ben Gordon into the starting lineup instead of splitting mintues with Hamilton.

The Pistons don't want Petro, though, and are looking for New Jersey to route him somewhere else.

Yahoo! Sports and ESPN.com reported details of the deal earlier Sunday.

Edited by TheMazz

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this had to be posted. Prokhorov pulls Nets out of Melo talks

I have come to agree, with the decision, the combination of what the Nuggets wanted and what Melo himself wanted, just didn't add up. The Nuggets really seemed to be looking for excuses not to pull the trigger. I would not be surprised if this starts up again closer to the deadline, with a simpler deal.

Well, this had to be posted. Prokhorov pulls Nets out of Melo talks

I have come to agree, with the decision, the combination of what the Nuggets wanted and what Melo himself wanted, just didn't add up. The Nuggets really seemed to be looking for excuses not to pull the trigger. I would not be surprised if this starts up again closer to the deadline, with a simpler deal.

I agree 100% with this.

I still think the Nets and Knicks will be in on this if Denver lowers the price, although the Knicks would be trading from quantity and not quality. But the Nets were giving up a LOT (a proven PG in Harris, 3 #1 picks counting the guy they already have, and other assets), and really only getting Anthony and Rip Hamilton in return (all indications are that Billups was not going to report or he would force a buyout).

If I had to wager on this, the Knicks, Nuggets, and one other team pulls this off, with the Knicks sending a package of Curry/Galinari/Fields to Denver, getting Anthony (with extension), and shipping off Randolph to someone else for a first round pick that also gets sent to Denver. But the chances of that happening are about 20%, especially when the Knicks think they're in a position of negotiating strength (hometown kid wants to come home)

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

• 5 weeks later...

And here we go again.

Like the last two times, both sides have agreed to trade pending an extension. Like the last two times, it all comes down to whether Anthony wants to sign for the Nets. We'll see if it goes down. For the record, I still think he's going to say no up until Thu's deadlinem, at which time he'll either extend, extend and trade, or get screwed.

Also for the record, if the Knicks don't pull this off I guarantee Donnie Walsh gets sh!tcanned.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!