Read Zach's Lips on the Carter Goal

msweet

And this Ranger team still scares me. They sure scared the piss out of me last night!

Lundqvist can always go back into lockdown mode...and the Rangers are outshooting the Devils 50-35 over the last five periods. Not saying that SOG are the be-all end-all stat to measure everything, but it does appear that the Rangers are starting to punch some holes in the Devils' forecheck scheme a bit. Makes last night's win that much bigger.

Lundqvist can always go back into lockdown mode...and the Rangers are outshooting the Devils 50-35 over the last five periods. Not saying that SOG are the be-all end-all stat to measure everything, but it does appear that the Rangers are starting to punch some holes in the Devils' forecheck scheme a bit. Makes last night's win that much bigger.

+1,000

Have to give Joe and Evan on FAN credit. Both Ranger fans (as we all know) but shouted down a Ranger fan caller who said the Rangers should sign Parise (and Suter for that matter -- lol), saying that sort of talk should wait until after the season's over.

Just saw the replay of the post game show and here is exactly what Twatwig said...

"Marty Brodeur not knowing what his future is, Devils fans just cherish what you have left with him and Zach Parise right now"

Twatwig is a class A douche and I always expect him to make stupid comments at any chance he gets. He's a piece of sh!t who sucks at his job.

Edited by Satans Hockey

The Rangers did play better when it was 1-0 and 2-0 NJ, but overall, I can't take too much away from this if I'm a Ranger fan - yes, they looked better, but once the score was tied, NJ were the better team, again.

Have to give Joe and Evan on FAN credit. Both Ranger fans (as we all know) but shouted down a Ranger fan caller who said the Rangers should sign Parise (and Suter for that matter -- lol), saying that sort of talk should wait until after the season's over.

I think Evan is an Islander fan.

What's interesting about this series is the Rangers are tired, physically and mentally - if they lose, it's that they shot their wad. The Devils are young and nervous - it's all mental. But they've come this far so past demons are dead. It's new territory and not at all predictable. Rags -- listening to tortorella talk, looking in his eyes... what I'm reading: These guys are done - they're fried and I have to find a way to motivate them out of this.

It's a shame he's so on top of it because I'd like to have him push too hard. He's a pretty sensitive coach even if he takes as heavy handed a tac as he can. He may well be able to get them going again - find the freshness. :angry: jerkwad.

What sucks, is no one, NO ONE knows what our guys are capable of... I don't. Physically and talent-wise, they can go the whole road no problem. But mentally I'm still not sure -- not because they're weak or tenuous -- it's just so NEW! There's always been a time where I knew the outcome -- I never know with these guys and I really love that!

This is sweet team in both senses of the word because what makes them, is the mix of guys. Star/scrub young/old - it's such a team, it's a little traumatic. You can't turn to an obvious core, so there is no gauging how it's all moving forward. But they have each other and that's just awesome.

• Like 1

The Rangers did play better when it was 1-0 and 2-0 NJ, but overall, I can't take too much away from this if I'm a Ranger fan - yes, they looked better, but once the score was tied, NJ were the better team, again.

Exactly. On one hand, it makes me nervous to think that the Rangers finally are finding their game and started to look quick along the boards again. This could mean they are getting their forecheck back and are going to play that way in games 6 (and, if they win, 7). On the other hand, the Rangers forecheck didn't really amount to much. Their goals were not directly tied to the pressure they put on, and they only generated a few high quality scoring chances because of it. They were good along the boards but didn't get the puck to the net enough. Plus, like you said, as soon as they tied it, the Devils took the game back over and limited their chances.

I guess I feel mildly confident going in to game 6, but it's still nerve-wracking as hell just because it's the Rangers. It will be such a relief if/when (hopefully when) we eliminate them.

Exactly. On one hand, it makes me nervous to think that the Rangers finally are finding their game and started to look quick along the boards again. This could mean they are getting their forecheck back and are going to play that way in games 6 (and, if they win, 7). On the other hand, the Rangers forecheck didn't really amount to much. Their goals were not directly tied to the pressure they put on, and they only generated a few high quality scoring chances because of it. They were good along the boards but didn't get the puck to the net enough. Plus, like you said, as soon as they tied it, the Devils took the game back over and limited their chances.

I guess I feel mildly confident going in to game 6, but it's still nerve-wracking as hell just because it's the Rangers. It will be such a relief if/when (hopefully when) we eliminate them.

It can go one of a few ways (or many others but I don't feel like listing those)

One: They found their forecheck

Two: It was just a second wind because they were down and the fact they lost demoralizes them

Three: It was the Devils being passive

Four: They blew their wad and still lost.

Maybe Zach was watching NBCSports at the time of the goal, like the rest of us & that stupid FVCKing camera angle, my house all said the same thing, jumping up celebrating & 'what the bleep happened?'

yea i know! they need to just put the devils games back on MSG+ so we can hear steve & chico again!