Devils recall Cam Janssen

thelastonealive

The Devils literally do not have the cap room at this time to just add Tootoo.

They would if they sent Merrill back down. They're only $300k shy and Merrill's making $800k.

On a side not, they also would be able to if Trent Hunter and Eric Boulton weren't combining for over $900k in buyout penalties. Amazing how Brian Rolston screws us to this very day.....

Edited by NewarkDevil5

You guys are insane? Claim Jordin Tootoo for almost $2M, are you out of your minds?

Then Lou should find some. Waive worthless Tedenby or something.

"Worthless Tedenby" has as many points this year as Tootoo..

One person says it, another person agrees and reposts it. And then you all repeat yourselves until you've convinced yourselves it's a great idea, to just claim Jordin Tootoo. That'll solve all our fvcking problems!

I'd rather have Jordin Tootoo at $2mill than Cam Janssen at $500k.

Really? You'd rather Jordin Tootoo at $2M for the next year and a half, one-way with no possibility of shedding off the roster via the AHL, vs. Cam Janssen at $500K with a two-way contract that we can send over to the AHL whenever we want??? 

You all have gone off the deep end, I want whatever it is everyone's smoking today....

Really? You'd rather Jordin Tootoo at $2M for the next year and a half, one-way with no possibility of shedding off the roster via the AHL, vs. Cam Janssen at $500K with a two-way contract that we can send over to the AHL whenever we want??? 

You all have gone off the deep end, I want whatever it is everyone's smoking today....

Tootoo at least has a track record for being able to play hockey. Maybe he hasn't put up much in the last 50 games, but at least he has measurable skills at doing something other than getting his face pummeled. He's only one half season removed from putting up 30 points.

Tootoo at least has a track record for being able to play hockey. Maybe he hasn't put up much in the last 50 games, but at least he has measurable skills at doing something other than getting his face pummeled. He's only one half season removed from putting up 30 points.

Half our roster is only a half season removed from being 2 games out of a Stanley Cup, including Brodeur, and we sh!t on them every chance we get.

Edited by DJ Eco

Half our roster is only a half season removed from being 2 games out of a Stanley Cup, including Brodeur, and we sh!t on them every chance we get.

To be fair, we're also 1 future hall of famer, a POS turncoat and mister falls a lot removed. Those, as much as it pains me to say it, were all pivotal pieces to that 2012 team.

To be fair, we're also 1 future hall of famer, a POS turncoat and mister falls a lot removed. Those, as much as it pains me to say it, were all pivotal pieces to that 2012 team.

The point is, the lengths we go on to sh!t on some of our players, only to put $2m 0-0-0 Jordin Tootoo on a pedestal right now is straight-up batsh!t crazy!

The point is, the lengths we go on to sh!t on some of our players, only to put $2m 0-0-0 Jordin Tootoo on a pedestal right now is straight-up batsh!t crazy!

I'm not putting him on a pedestal. He's overpaid, but he'd be coming without giving up assets to get him. He's an agitator which is something we've lacked on our team for a while and he's not completely incapable of playing the game of hockey.

I'm not putting him on a pedestal. He's overpaid, but he'd be coming without giving up assets to get him. He's an agitator which is something we've lacked on our team for a while and he's not completely incapable of playing the game of hockey.

. This. This team is waaaay too fvcking easy to play against. We need some sandpaper.

weeeee might wanna save that for Clowe if he doesnt get himself healthy soon.

You can't use a compliance buyout on someone signed after the lockout.

Too bad it's not the better half in most cases :(

I buy him out if it doesn't work.   Big whoop.   They have a compliance and all the regulars they want

Big whoop?  It will cost them $600k on the cap for two years.  And they'll need that compliance buyout for Volchenkov.  It's a bad move unless the Devils could make a trade and have Detroit pick up some of the salary.  They don't really have a spot for him, though.