Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

I'd say Dreger is the best guy to listen to. These rumors are completely useless. The funny thing is there are a lot of UFA's I'd rather have before Kovy that Lou could bring in: Kaberle, Stajan, Cullen, Whitney, Modano, etc.

Kovalchuck does not play defense. Player plays no D + Lemaire = bench.

Edited by Par99

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really amazing how insane folks here get when something bright and shiny is waved in front of them.

Kovy does not solve the 1:30 defensive breakdown, the pass distribution, playmaking, or the complete lack of pressure on the back line from our defense.

All of which have proven to be instrumental in any cup run in the past 4 years.

Folks ready to sell the farm for this. Most of you hate either Mottau or Fraser. Who mans the backline once you trade Oduya and get no defensman in return? Corrente? In a playoff series?

I agree we need to trade some assets: but for the RIGHT pieces!

Can anyone really see Kovy being excited to play for JL? After having shift/play Carte Blanche in ATL?

Just some food for thought.

that's pretty junky. actually, alot junky. Zharkov and Palmieri could end up being nobodies. our 1st round pick might not be that great. that leaves them with Bergfors and Oduya. if Oduya had backed up last season, he'd have some serious worth. he's missed by a mile.

Hey I'm just modeling it after the Hossa and Dupuis for Armstrong, Christensen, Esposito and 1st rounder trade. In comparison, it's level IMO.

Think Marian Hossa then add more to it. I can't even start to put together a trade.

Niklas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya, Mattias Tedenby, 1st 10 and 1st 11

It sucks our system dry over a player who may not return.

Marian Hossa and Pascal Dupuis for Colby Armstrong and Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito (20th overall) and a first-round pick.

Thats 4 pieces for Hossa, Kovalchuk is a top 5 player in the game and is younger, he will command a package similar to what I stated.

Are you saying that right now Bergfors, Oduya, Tedenby and two 1st rounders have the same value Armstrong, Christensen, Esposito and one 1st rounder had in '08? Maybe I don't follow prospects closely enough, but IMO that group of Devils seems to have a lot more value than that group that went to Atlanta.

It also shouldn't be forgotten that the Hossa deal also included Dupuis. I know he's nothing all that special, but it is still important nonetheless that that deal was for two players while that Devils-Thrashers proposal is for one.

Its really amazing how insane folks here get when something bright and shiny is waved in front of them.

Kovy does not solve the 1:30 defensive breakdown, the pass distribution, playmaking, or the complete lack of pressure on the back line from our defense.

Folks ready to sell the farm for this. Most of you hate either Mottau or Fraser. Who mans the backline once you trade Oduya and get no defensman in return? Corrente? In a playoff series?

Can anyone really see Kovy being excited to play for JL? After having shift/play Carte Blanche in ATL?

Kovalchuk would most likely solve the Devils not scoring on the PP with 4 minutes remaining in that game however.

Martin will replace Oduya in the lineup. Corrente/Murphy in the meantime while Martin heals.

Kovalchuk would most likely solve the Devils not scoring on the PP with 4 minutes remaining in that game however.

Martin will replace Oduya in the lineup. Corrente/Murphy in the meantime while Martin heals.

I have a feeling that this rumor was based on NOTHING. I hate Potvin for even giving me a glimmer of hope that this could be realistic.

If anything, this whole fiasco just really shows what a fraud Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is. He made this front page news after the rumor came out, took credit for it, and then edited 10 minutes later to say that by "coincidence," Potvin also stated this on XM. So in reality he stole the rumor, made it seem like he got it himself, and then used Potvin to show the masses how "connected" he really is and that other top reporters are also carrying the rumor.

If anything, this whole fiasco just really shows what a fraud Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is. He made this front page news after the rumor came out, took credit for it, and then edited 10 minutes later to say that by "coincidence," Potvin also stated this on XM. So in reality he stole the rumor, made it seem like he got it himself, and then used Potvin to show the masses how "connected" he really is and that other top reporters are also carrying the rumor.

Potvin never revealed his source or where he heard this. He said it and then the show ended. Left everyone hanging....

I have a feeling that this rumor was based on NOTHING. I hate Potvin for even giving me a glimmer of hope that this could be realistic.

I mean, I totally agree. Historically for the Devils and Lou, this is a dead issue. However, with the current players at our disposal and looking back similar trades for a similar type of player it can be done.

Wonder if the Flyers would consider dangling someone proven like Briere along with some young guy and a pick for Kovy. Now that is more bang for the Thrashers buck then anything the Devils could offer.

Potvin never revealed his source or where he heard this. He said it and then the show ended. Left everyone hanging....

Right but Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) has no sources. He reads blogs and forums for any news of the slightest potential for trades / signings, and then reports them on his site and credits his stealth ninja team of inside sources, at which point 1000s of sheep post serious discussions debating his amazing 2.3% successful rumors.

And at the end of the day, the amazing thing is that this guy probably makes a pretty nice living doing this.

Edited by Amberite

Did anyone think of Lou waiting till after tonights game to start wheelin and dealin?

Lou isn't going to be doing any wheeling and dealing until the last seconds of the deadline and pick up the scraps on the UFA heep for virtually nothing.

Food for thought: Lou considers the Grant Marshall his best trade ever acquisition, so expect more of this type of deal.

I have never anticipated a Devils pregame more than I am anticipating tonight's. I am sure Lou issued a gag order and the name "Kovalchuk" will never be uttered throughout the entire telecast. Anyone who does not comply will be punished by public stoning outside of the Verizon Tower...

I have never anticipated a Devils pregame more than I am anticipating tonight's. I am sure Lou issued a gag order and the name "Kovalchuk" will never be uttered throughout the entire telecast. Anyone who does not comply will be punished by public stoning outside of the Verizon Tower...

This whole thread is like one big April Fool's joke gone bad.

Lou was interviewed today and likes the team as it is. He said once Clarkson, Elias and Martin come back he feels they will be strong contenders.

Unload Oduya and the above problems are solved. He gets overpowered in the D-zone, cannot make a flat pass tape to tape, mishandles the puck every time he looks up ice, and is the complete lack of pressure on the back line. I don't understand the love affair with this guy. And as for playoffs? Johnny's got a whopping 2 pts and is even in 18 NHL playoff games.

PP with Rolston, Langs, and Kovy dropping bombs from up top? And Martin will be back for playoffs.

This whole thread is like one big April Fool's joke gone bad.

Lou was interviewed today and likes the team as it is. He said once Clarkson, Elias and Martin come back he feels they will be strong contenders.

What do you expect him to say? I agree that we're not getting Kovalchuk, but that's all you have or will ever get from Lou. If he REALLY likes this team as it is, he's delusional.

Edited by MadDog2020

Unload Oduya and the above problems are solved. He gets overpowered in the D-zone, cannot make a flat pass tape to tape, mishandles the puck every time he looks up ice, and is the complete lack of pressure on the back line. I don't understand the love affair with this guy. And as for playoffs? Johnny's got a whopping 2 pts and is even in 18 NHL playoff games.

PP with Rolston, Langs, and Kovy dropping bombs from up top? And Martin will be back for playoffs.

Does Rolston have a NTC - I would have to think Rolly would be involved going the other way. Atlanta will need a decent veteran that brings up the floor, maybe even Captain material.

What do you expect him to say? I agree that we're not getting Kovalchuk, but that's all you have or will ever get from Lou. If he REALLY likes this team as it is, he's delusional.

I'm far far far from a hockey expert but I'd like to believe that he really doesn't believe that this team is set with the current roster. Maybe they can win a round, possibly 2, but they're not contending for the Cup as currently constructed. Its just not happening.

Does Rolston have a NTC - I would have to think Rolly would be involved going the other way. Atlanta will need a decent veteran that brings up the floor, maybe even Captain material.

yes rolston has a no-trade clause. i don't think lou would move him anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.