NFL Week 3

CRASHER

I say this every year...but my God the time FLIES once they kick it off for real....still can't believe it's the 3rd week, the NHL is near facing off, and it's the most wonderful time in the sports year (cause baseball's going away!).... Lots of division games, after a rare week of NONE last week....and lots of stinkers and anti-football goodness to get there.....no falling down for "injuries" soccer-style here....let's get to it!!!

Sunday September 25:

1pm:

49ers at Bengals:

Wow what a steaming pile of crap THIS is.....though the Bengals can point to their rosters and go "HA HA HA even Jordan Palmer is a better QB then the stiffs you's guys gots!!" Cedric Benson battling a suspension (nothing new in Cinci....though i have an issue with a suspension being handed out for conduct during the lockout...hello THERE WAS NO CBA OR RULES TO VIOLATE, I better watch it or Goodell may ban me from writing on Week 4), but what we have here is two teams that only won a game this year because they played more hideous teams then themselves....makes this game hard to get a feel for (and makes you wanna run to the bathroom figuring out).....Alex Smith is on the injury report, but sadly the 49ers need him...BAD...that's a crappy sign....and I guess when in doubt, pick the home team?? Yeah...YAY HOME TEAM!!

Winner: Bengals (Really? ......REALLY?)

Game Quality: ahhh, who am I kidding, this is PURE anti-football!!!!

Jacksonville at Carolina:

Well that Luke McCown thing didn't work out too well did it??? And no one is shocked by this....he was throwing picks at Cromartie like lawyers tossing paternity suits last week! I'm glad I avoided watching that disaster!! But now enter Blaine Gabbert...and it's a good team to start him against since Carolina is young and this ain't the Pittsburgh Steelers (he did almost pass McCown's passing totals on the season in that garbage time mop-up last week)...and it honestly makes this game watchable....we know all the over-hype on sCam Newton and how I'm NOT buying into it because of the offense flying around this season (and anyone who talks about him and Marino's passing yards record in the same sentence with any level of seriousness.....they should be executed!!), maybe this is the week the Panthers get that rushing game going, and I can't pick Jacksonville to be 2-1 and sleep tonight....so, it's sCam-a-mania running wild!!!!

Winner: Carolina

Game Quality: * 3/4 (the rookie QBs make this interestin' )

Lions at Vikings:

The Lions have not won in Minnesota since 1997 (OI!!!), but that was without Done-ovan McNabb on the team......not to mention the Lions put up more offense in a HALF then the Vikings do all game (though it was golden to turn and laugh at McNabb FAIL the 2:00 drill against Tampa with the game on the line....guess the Shanahan's were RIGHT, eh??)....the Lions are unleashing hell on Earth so far....the Vikings are just unleashing hell on their FANS....this will be brutal and I will enjoy the hell out of it.... and so should begin the Christian Ponder must start and SOON bandwagon (well not in the media, it's against the rules to call for the white guy over the black guy in the media....right?) anyway....I'll go with the team with a clue and a direction for the future!

Winner: Lions

Game Quality: ** (just because I love seeing McNabb pout and FAIL)

Denver at Titans:

Holy hell the 1:00 games are an orgasm of anti-football!!! I guess the best thing you can say for Denver is they are out of their home building (though I'm sure since Titan fans might be delusional after beating the Ravens last week, guess the ol' Manta-Vision could be contagious, and would EMBRACE Tim Tebow playing since that equals "easy win")....and playing a Titan team which is no doubt gonna let down after their Manta-Triumph last week! Are the Broncos 0-3 bad? Probably...but the Chiefs are there to remind you what true horrid is.....I really don't want to say the Titans are good enough to win two in a row, but can Denver beat ANYONE? I doubt it....Maybe Chris Johnson comes to life this week.....checks the fantasy teams, not playing CJ or against him....so I allow this!!! It's gonna get worse before it gets better in Denver....

Winner: Titans

Game Quality: * 1 1/2 (the anti-football gem is in Carolina, sorry!)

Miami at Cleveland:

Unlike Denver, least Miami is good outside of their home building (wonder if we can blame Miami FAIL on the aura of the J-Lo being around....she is a scourge to anything else she gets around....so I'll buy it....)...and not like the Browns beat LAST YEAR'S Colts....Daniel Thomas is moving the ball, a little balance on offense, some pass rush and NO pass receiving threats to deal with....and Miami's NOT 0-3 either....I hate picking teams based on that, but Miami's due one or two of these this year and they are better then Cleveland....

Winner: Miami

Game Quality: **

Giants at Eagles:

Man they keep showing that awesome Giants/Eagles rivalry thing on the NFL Network....and all I can keep seeing is the old Vai Sikahemia (whatever, he was awesome in Techmo Bowl all I know!!) punt return touchdown when he was pushing out the goal post probably screaming "I HATE THE GIANTS...HATE HATE THEM!!!"....not to mention this is the return of D-Jax to the PUNT RETURN OF DOOM....seems to be a pattern :P....Will Vick play? Probably....even if not I did like what I saw in Mike Kafka, he made a helluva throw when Andy Reid let him look down the field...and Vince Young...HA!...if the Giants were healthier I'd think about them....but they're not....

Winner: Eagles

Game Quality: ** (If only the Giants were halfway healthy here....)

Houston at Saints:

This is gonna be an easy one to figure out, ain't it....let's see Scott likes the Saints and hates the Texans, and even more so this is the first team worth a damn the Texans have played, so he's gonna pick Brees and call the Texans soft and gutless or something like that..... and yeah, you'd be pretty much dead on :P...yes the Texicans can run the ball and they do have the most dangerous WR in Andre Johnson...but still, Saints at home and needing the game a lil bit more then the Texans do....so I'm going with the "obvious"....should be a fun game and the points should fly in this one!

Winner: Saints

Game Quality: **** (OK, this will be fun!!)

Patriots at Bills:

Speaking of the points flying....holy hell first to 40 wins here....Tom Brady is making people talk about a record book re-write this year....but no one put up more points in two games then the Bills....and damn I'd love to take them, even MORE so with the Bills losing like 9 in a row to the Pats....the thing about it....aside of Fred Jackson (a good running game can keep this close), anything the Bills do, the Pats do better....it's gonna be fun as hell to watch and some people are on the upset bandwagon....but I can't do it....though a good showing and the Bills may make a better impression in losing this game then actually WINNING this one....better watch this one it's gonna be FUN!!!

Winner: Pats

Game Quality: ***** (TAKE THE OVER!!!!)

4pm:

Ravens at St. Louis:

Apparently the Manta-Vision goggles are shooting LASER BEAMS OF RAGE this week! Can't say I blame them....after Matt Hasslebeck pulled a Tom Brady on them I'd be pretty pissed too....the offense was sloppy, and someone left T-Sizzle on the grill too long and he got burnt.....fret not, a trip to St Louis will do the Ravens and their One Warrior Nation a helluva lot more good then going to that city EVER did to me...sloppy play, injuries...man it always seems like the "best team in the NFC West" starts the season and takes a massive dump on its own lawn...wassupwitdat?!!?!?? Least the Manta-NATION can stand proud this week!!!

Winner: Ravens (Manta's REVENGE!!)

Game Quality: *

Jets at Raiders:

The Jets have won 2 games yes....but i don't think you can win 2 games in the NFL in uglier fashion....add in the fact that Oakland seems better then I expected (KC and Denver being atrocious will help that), the Jets always have trouble in Oakland, and just that guy feeling you get now and then when you look at a team....and hell, it seems the Raiders are still pissed off at a certain hot dog eating incident...the Jets running game is not doing so well, and yeah the hot dog eater is completing 62% and has 517 yards....he also has as many turnovers as TDs, and it just feels like one of those games that's gonna go Oakland's way.....

Winner: Raiders (go go upset special!)

Game Quality: ** 1/2

Chiefs at Chargers:

If the Chiefs only allowed 28 points in a game it would actually be considered an improvement and something to build on here....this team gives up 40 points to the halftime show, forget their opponents....San Diego comes in I would think a wee bit cranky from last week too, and that's a bad combination for the Chiefs....crank up the "Todd Haley's gonna get fired rumors"....the Chiefs are taking a rectal exam again this week....oh survivor pick ahoy!!

Winner: SD (piling up the points)

Game Quality: DUD

Packers at Bears:

Jay Cutler has been sacked like 65 times in his last 18 NFL games...that's sick...it's damn near inhuman...it would make me wonder what I did to piss off my offensive line, but it's just the "genius" that is Mike Martz, and it once again got the living and multi-colored snot beaten out of Cutler last week....he was even seen on the floor whimpering "I GIVE I GIVE NO MORE!!" but....alas...no blocking was to be found.....and now they host the Green Bay Packers, who when last they met on this field, Cutler didn't even make it till halftime....and talk about controversy, right?? I can't see the beating being any less severe this week..hell look what an average Saints defense did to him....Green Bay's gonna carve him up, Clay Matthews or not....and we all know how good the Packer offense is....this might not be a close game, which is a damn shame, the oldest rivalry in the league deserves more epic battles and Tom Waddle with half the turf in the stadium in his helmet and all good things like that..

Winner: Packers (....Culter got sacked twice while I wrote this)

Game Quality: ** 3/4

Arizona at Seattle:

Oh Arizona....your level of FAIL is truly worthy of the NFC West...had the Redskins perfectly lined up....down by 8, even stopped the 2 point conversion, and were ready to hold on for dear life...but that awful defense of you now made sCam Newton AND Rex Grossman look like Montana and Unitas in back to back weeks....how can I think you'll beat anyone....oh, wait....they're playing Seattle......RIGHT.....bad beats worse, every time.....

Winner: Cardinals

Game Quality: *

Atlanta at Tampa Bay:

Tampa had a nice win in Minnesota (not exactly the kinda thing that gets you selling Super Bowl tickets to your fanbase,but it IS a win), and Atlanta had a HUGE win at home, with their fraud fans cheering the guy who sold them all out to the puppy pound the whole way....and people wonder why Atlanta sports fans get sh!t on and their crappy hockey team went to loser-Pegg... the Falcons could EASILY let down here and slip, but I think playing a divisional rival helps lessen that some, and slipping an early game here bites you in the ass down the road....add in the Falcons are also just better too, and while Tampa will be scrappy and not get blown away, the Atlanta running game should be a big factor in sealing the deal here.....

Winner: Falcons

Game Quality: ***

8pm:

Steelers at Colts:

If Kerry Collins wasn't drinking before this season...he gotta be by NOW....this is just brutal, epic losses all over the place and now an aggressive Steeler defense trying to right itself, a pissed off NBC stuck in a crap-tastic matchup, and I'm sure the cracks in the foundation are starting to show in how the Colts are built....hell it's so bad people are starting to cry for Curtis Painter aka "Turnover Incorporated".....you need to be out of your damn mind to give the Colts a chance, and despite what y'all think....I AM quite sane :P....the only thing worse then this game will be the commercials for the dogsh!t sitcoms that NBC is trying to force us into watching!!!

Winner: Steelers

Game Quality: DUD (and to make this game worse they'll show 4.000 commercials for that AWFUL Whitney show)

Monday September 26:

Redskins at Cowboys:

So you have the Redskins at 2-0, defense playing good...solid running game, Rex Grossman playing decent (2 minute drills and everything)....on the other hand....Dumbo's all beat up still (and this is what DeAngelo Hall should have said about "will you hit Dumbo in the ribs?"..."With all the stupid rules you have about where I can and can't hit the QB, where the hell else am I ALLOWED to hit him but in his damn ribs?" ...Seriously....no Dez, no Miles Austin....they have that reality show kid who looks like Josh Cribbs lite...whooo, least they got Witten....games like this scare me....when EVERYTHING points to one team winning and winning easily....you ALWAYS take the other team (well unless it's a team in the sewers...yes YOU Kansas City)....not to mention I won't be watching cause I have an ice hockey game....and this team will spite me with it's A-Game when I'm not going to be watching :P

Winner: Cowboys

Game Quality: ** 3/4

Week 3 NFL Power Rankings:

AFC:

1. New England...Dan Marino is staring evily at you Tom Brady.....

2. Buffalo....don't stopppp BILL-ievin'....

3. San Diego.....remembering football in September COUNTS in the standings.....

4. NY Jets...winnin' ugly on uglier teams

5. Baltimore....if we don't top 5 'em Manta riots :P

NFC:

1. Green Bay....salivating at running up the sack totals this week, Clay Matthews be damned....

2. Lions....oh admit it, they're fun to watch!

3. Redskins....good defense, nice running game, and Grossman >>> McNabb......

4. Saints....bounced back, then bounced Jay Cutler....

5. Atlanta....put Vick back in his kennel and got a much needed win....

Bengals/49ers sounds awful, yeah... but HOW 'BOUT ANDY DALTON? What happened to Bruce Grad....who? :P

Definitely interested in that Texans/Saints game... good chance for the Texans to prove if their defensive refinements are real. That team would have to shoot up the AFC rankings if they can show some semblance of defense against a quality opponent. In fact, I just noticed they're the only 2-0 team not in your top 5 rankings... Pff, I claim BIAS! :P

I have no idea if Pats/Bills will be on TV, but I really hope it is. It's nice to see the Bills having a relevant, divisional football game. Both teams have proven they can score at will (so far) and the Pats' defense hasn't stopped a nosebleed. The Bills' D has been much better, but come on, they aren't stopping Brady... in other words, it's going to be a shootout. A fun one too from a neutral perspective (though I'll surely be rooting Buffalo on).

How awful is the NFC West? Seriously.

Tampa/Atlanta is another good matchup. Both teams have been equally-poor defensively... so I'll take the team who I think has the better offense: Falcons in a shootout. In fact, speaking of poor defenses... is there any quality defense in this division?

Steelers/Colts really is a dud. Eesh. Awful Sunday Night game. Faith Hill's intro may be the only thing worth watching. :uni:

I really like the Monday Night game. 'Skins have been very solid; they rank 11th and 10th in defense and offense, respectively. The Cowboys, despite only being 1-1, rank even better: they are top 5 in both categories. The problem is, a lot of that offense is from the banged up Tony Romo; over 87% of their total yards have come through the air. To add more injury to insult? Miles Austin, their top WR, is out. Their running game, which has racked up a whopping 119 yards (2nd worst in the league) has been garbage... and Felix Jones is also banged up to boot. A healthy Cowboys team is better than a healthy Redskins team, but since the Cowboys aren't healthy, I won't be surprised if this turns out to be the most interesting game of the week.

Also: I appreciate the write-up as always, Crash. :)

Edited by nmigliore

Bengals/49ers sounds awful, yeah... but HOW 'BOUT ANDY DALTON? What happened to Bruce Grad....who? :P

Definitely interested in that Texans/Saints game... good chance for the Texans to prove if their defensive refinements are real. That team would have to shoot up the AFC rankings if they can show some semblance of defense against a quality opponent. In fact, I just noticed they're the only 2-0 team not in your top 5 rankings... Pff, I claim BIAS! :P

I have no idea if Pats/Bills will be on TV, but I really hope it is. It's nice to see the Bills having a relevant, divisional football game. Both teams have proven they can score at will (so far) and the Pats' defense hasn't stopped a nosebleed. The Bills' D has been much better, but come on, they aren't stopping Brady... in other words, it's going to be a shootout. A fun one too from a neutral perspective (though I'll surely be rooting Buffalo on).

How awful is the NFC West? Seriously.

Tampa/Atlanta is another good matchup. Both teams have been equally-poor defensively... so I'll take the team who I think has the better offense: Falcons in a shootout. In fact, speaking of poor defenses... is there any quality defense in this division?

Steelers/Colts really is a dud. Eesh. Awful Sunday Night game. Faith Hill's intro may be the only thing worth watching. :uni:

I really like the Monday Night game. 'Skins have been very solid; they rank 11th and 10th in defense and offense, respectively. The Cowboys, despite only being 1-1, rank even better: they are top 5 in both categories. The problem is, a lot of that offense is from the banged up Tony Romo; over 87% of their total yards have come through the air. To add more injury to insult? Miles Austin, their top WR, is out. Their running game, which has racked up a whopping 119 yards (2nd worst in the league) has been garbage... and Felix Jones is also banged up to boot. A healthy Cowboys team is better than a healthy Redskins team, but since the Cowboys aren't healthy, I won't be surprised if this turns out to be the most interesting game of the week.

Also: I appreciate the write-up as always, Crash. :)

Hey if the Bengals got the QB situation correct, they wouldn't be the Bengals :lol:

(Gradkowski did win a game for them while Dalton was losing both games he played in B ) )

If the Texans beat the Saints I might have to "crown them"....until then beating on the Colts and Miami at home ain't too impressive :P

The Bills are my "fun team to watch" this year (I always end up picking one....it was Houston two years ago....it fueled my Kubiak hatred that I still have today)...this game's gonna be an orgy of offense (why I started Fitz in the 2 leagues I have him)...I keep wanting to like Buffalo for their more balanced offense....but I can't....yet....if this was week 6 I might have seen enough to like them more.....

Scary part is if it wasn't for San Diego the NFL should almost purge both divisions on the Croissant Coast :evil:

Here's a challenge for you....find me the team you've watched and can say "wow, they're playing awesome defense and no one's gonna move the ball on them"....and then when you find them turn off the Madden game....'cause NO ONE is playing quality defense in the NFL

The appeal of the Sunday Night game will be Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth squirming to call this trash game....and seeing Dungy wince at his team being so AWFUL now....and to see the Colt front office get POUNDED for having a plan B for if/when Manning went BOOM

I'll see what I can see of the Cowboy game on Monday, but it's my AIL Finale and I've been looking too forward to that too.....it is amazing how WR is such a hard position to play in the NFL with reads and route adjustments and all, but yet they are so easily replaceable too....I'll probably catch the end of the game for sure

If my work schedule is friendlier I'll try to get back to my normal Friday Morning postings of this....I'm getting there again....especially since it's me my sister and my nieces at the Devils game next Friday :blink:

Wow...Devin McCourty has turned into a complete joke. This guy literally cannot cover anyone right now.

fvcking brutal game. Hard to pick on Brady, but he made some God-awful decisions today.

And fvck you ocho...one huge drop on an easy TD catch, and no effort to fight for the ball on one of the interceptions.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The last time the Bills beat the Pats, I was a Freshman in college. I remember watching the 41-0 blow out [i think that was the final] in their home opener.

Damn impressed with their resilience.

And I'm impress with the Giants too. Unreal that they could make so many mistakes and yet still get the W.

The last time the Bills beat the Pats, I was a Freshman in college. I remember watching the 41-0 blow out [i think that was the final] in their home opener.

Damn impressed with their resilience.

And I'm impress with the Giants too. Unreal that they could make so many mistakes and yet still get the W.

It was 31-0...Lawyer Milloy had been released by the Pats and signed by the Bills...the entire team looked awful that day. Brady had four picks and about 120 yards passing.

Pats would later beat the Bills by that same score later that season (might have even been the last game IIRC).

Bills deserved the win today, but the Pats really shot themselves in the foot over and over again...but part of the game is execution...can't go in the red zone and turn the ball over. Brady tried to force things when he didn't really need to.

And the Jets' utter stupidity is ensuring Buffalo'll be in first all by themselves by nightfall :P

My god, they're putting on an anti-football display all by themselves. Cromartie with four penalties (three legit) and a fumble where he didn't just fall on the freaking ball, throwing the ball on third and two and fourth and two, being rollout happy, Sanchez with his stupid first-down endzone INT early in the second quarter, backup receivers dropping balls...and the defense, my god. As Rex would say they can't stop a nosebleed today. Rex didn't help by wasting a challenge on a stupid spot, even if he won that what does he win - first and goal on the one?! Please.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Wow...Bills are a first-place team today. I still think the AFC East will belong to the Jets or the Pats though...based on what I saw today, you can't just show up and expect to beat the Bills, but as long as you can stay away from self-destructing and getting greedy, they're very beatable.

10 more 300+ yard games for QBs...7 or those were for 369 yards or more. The passing numbers are going to be off-the-charts this year. Brady's already up to 1327 yards after three games.

The problem with this loss for the Jets is it's better than 50-50 now we're 2-3 by Week 6, we never beat the Ravens at all and we have to go there next week, and at the Pats will clearly be even more of a grudge match for them than usual.

Pats have big problems right now, trust me, though their offense should win them 10 games on their own. Their defense actually played as well as could be expected today, and yards are clearly up for offenses everywhere, but this group is giving up soooooooo many yards right now...and though the NE defenses tend to improve throughout the regular season (until the playoffs), I'm at a loss with this group. McCarty can't look any worse...Fitzpatrick picked up on it and threw on him without fear.

Of course, provided they don't hurt themselves like they did today, the NE offense has been unbelievable, but giving up 450+ yards a game is a serious problem.

I knew the Pats/Bills games would be high-scoring but I didn't think New England would choke away a 21-0 lead. Wow.

Tough loss for the Fish (now 0-3), but I'd be lying if I said I didn't smile a bit when I saw the score go final.

Hasselbeck was amazing again while CJ2K was terrible again... and that team is 2-1. Is it bizzaro world in Tennessee? Losing Kenny Britt hurts though.

Oof, Houston defense. That is all.

I can't believe the Giants won. I figured they'd need a ton of things to break right to even have a chance, which I guess is kind of what happened... 3 turnovers and only 1 TD in 5 redzone attempts for Philly .. Manning, Cruz, and Bradshaw were all outstanding for the Giants and they didn't turn the ball over.

Cam Newton really cooled down this week I see, but hey, no turnovers at least.

Jets.. meh. I had a bad feeling about this one. To my surprise, the running game was actually a little better than I expected and Sanchez was pretty good (despite that 1 awful INT), but uh, the story of this game is pretty much 1 guy: Darren f'n McFadden. They couldn't slow him down at all. And Cromartie had a brutal game too; the botched kickoff and the penalties.. Oof.

So much for that Bucs/Falcons game also being a shootout. Doesn't seem like either team was very good offensively, but hey, credit to the Bucs... they shut down Michael Turner, allowed only 13 points, and won the damn game.

The Vikings choked it away for the 2nd straight game. Up 20-0 at the half, give up 23 unanswered points, and wind up losing in overtime on a field goal set up by a huge Calvin Johnson catch.

Edited by nmigliore

I knew the Pats/Bills games would be high-scoring but I didn't think New England would choke away a 21-0 lead. Wow.

Problem was Brady and Co. wanted to put the final nail in the coffin when patience would've served them much better.

They were up 21-7 near the end of the first half, were driving down the field and were in the red zone, Brady tried to force one...picked. Not much time left on the clock, but you don't need much against NE's D. The Bills moved down the field and kicked a field goal to make it 21-10. Even if NE had kicked a FG before the end of the half (had Brady not thrown that pick), it could've been 24-7.

They were in the red zone again in the second half, no reason to rush, but Brady tries to force one in again, picked again.

Just a strange day for Brady...very uncharacteristic...not sure why he turned into Brett Favre...so not like him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just a strange day for Brady...very uncharacteristic...not sure why he turned into Brett Favre...so not like him.

Part of that problem is New England is either too arrogant or incapable of running the ball too consume time and shorten the game..... they'd rather play Tecmo Bowl and throw is all over God's creation instead...and Green-Ellis and Woodhead are decent ENOUGH you should be able to grind out some clock, so I'm tempted to lean on arrogance there.....and it bites them in the ass when they let a good offense have a chance and come back....

Good God though there was a LOT of moron-ery in the damned SD/KC game....:doh1:

It was 31-0...Lawyer Milloy had been released by the Pats and signed by the Bills...the entire team looked awful that day. Brady had four picks and about 120 yards passing.

Pats would later beat the Bills by that same score later that season (might have even been the last game IIRC).

Bills deserved the win today, but the Pats really shot themselves in the foot over and over again...but part of the game is execution...can't go in the red zone and turn the ball over. Brady tried to force things when he didn't really need to.

Thank you. I just remembered coming down to the lobby of our dorm and watching the game with a few kids I went to HS with and our new college friends, all hungover, grabbing brunch at the half coming back and just enjoying New England getting it handed it to them.

Hey, this Colts/Steelers game hasn't gotten out of hand! (yet)... they won't lose this game, but the Steelers are killing themselves with the turnovers. They should be thankful Kerry Collins is awful. :lol:

Ben Rothelsberger is KILLING me tonight.....Jesus!!! :rant:

Is Curtis Painter really bad? Because Collins is absolutely horrendous. His completion rate tonight is below 50 and his yard per attempt average is under 4 yards. Yikes... I mean, you don't even have to look at those numbers to see how bad he looks. The Colts have no chance of winning this game with him at QB.

Edited by nmigliore

Absolutely shocked by the Giants today. Was at the game on Monday and thought they were pretty terrible. Perfect display of bend but don't break defense. Have to give a lot of credit to Gilbride today, called a great game. Any non Philly fan has to have a smile on their face seeing Vick get knocked out of the game. Very physical on both sides of the ball, extremely happy with the way they toughed it out.

Anybody hear Vick bitch after the game about getting hit in the head? Total bs, they pounded him clean all game long.

Is Curtis Painter really bad? Because Collins is absolutely horrendous. His completion rate tonight is below 50 and his yard per attempt average is under 4 yards. Yikes... I mean, you don't even have to look at those numbers to see how bad he looks. The Colts have no chance of winning this game with him at QB.

We're about to find out :P

Remember the Jets' 'win' up there a couple years ago when they threw the white flag and sat Peyton and co? Painter came in and showed didn't belong on an NFL field, at least at that point.

Painter came in and showed didn't belong on an NFL field...

With the way Collins has played this season, this game in particular, I'm not sure he does either. :P

It seems like the only reasons the Colts are even hanging in this game is because of Dwight Freeney's beastliness and the occasional Roethlisberger brain-fart.

Edit: the entire defensive line probably deserves come credit too... they aren't letting the Steelers run the ball with any success.

Edited by nmigliore

lol maybe Reggie Wayne was right after all (he publicly said the Colts should be going with what they had - Painter - and not bringing in guys from the outside, i.e Collins

EDIT: Nevermind, I had the game on in the other room, thought Collins was the one that got stripped for the TD and Painter came in after that.

Edited by NJDevs4978