GAME THREAD: Carolina @ New Jersey

Weekes Head

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, it is how we play against the top players of the Canes. Erik Cole and Staal are the 2 biggest threat. But of course, the entire Cane crew is a hard-working and they also score for the once-lowest-scoring team. For the defense, it is terrific due to their goaltending. Tonight, I think we really need some bangers who can create traffic in front (Rasmussen, Marshall and perhaps Janssen and Langenbrunner) and also able to make rooms for skill players (Elias, Kozlov, Gionta and Gomez). The defense must be patient coming out from the own zone as well because the Canes are not afraid to circle around the boards and could be explosively with their speed if there is a turnover. Let's hope that Stevens' night will help the team mentally.

Prediction: 4-2 Canes (sorry, let's hope I predict this wrong) :saddevil:

I think the question for tonight's game will be:

Who will be more motivated by Stevens retiring:

1. Devils for obvious reasons

or

2. Canes, when they watch the crushing hits on the "BIG Screen" that Stevens delivered to their teammates in 2001 Quarterfinals ?

I think the question for tonight's game will be:

Who will be more motivated by Stevens retiring:

1. Devils for obvious reasons

or

2. Canes, when they watch the crushing hits on the "BIG Screen" that Stevens delivered to their teammates in 2001 Quarterfinals ?

But Francis is retired and Willis is in Tampa now. Perhaps Kevyn Adams will be motivated when he was still a leaf during the 2000 playoffs and Stevens just rocked him!!! Oh boy, that was a good hit.

For everyone that's going, for the love of god don't park in the deck.. that thing is a nightmare to get out of.. park at the stadium and walk over or take the bus.. You'll wait for 2 hours to get out of that damn deck.

Man, I've been listening to the Foo Fighters' "In Your Honor" all day long. That song is friggen incredible and really reminds me of Scotty Stevens. A lot of you would recognize the song, they had played a good chunk of it before Devils games earlier this year with a nice pre-game video. I wish they still played it.

:boogie::boogie: Lets's Go Biatches!!! :boogie::boogie:

Lets go Devils...

Congrats Scott Stevens.

Maybe Janssen can get a good Stevens hit in tonight.. knock the wind out of a guy, concussion :) Nothing too serious.. just a good hit!

I can't wait to go tonight, it's going to be awesome. I hope Elias or someone can score a pretty goal. Who knows, maybe we'll have a shootout or something. Maybe even a fight? Lol.

Congrats Stevens and good luck to the Devils hoping they make this a great game, just like against Ottawa.

Lets go Devils...

Congrats Scott Stevens.

Maybe Janssen can get a good Stevens hit in tonight.. knock the wind out of a guy, concussion :) Nothing too serious.. just a good hit!

lol nothing too serious, lets just make sure something gets cracked and whoever it is forgets who and where he is... no biggy!!

Edited by njdevil26

Go Canes!

If you think I'm a troll, then I'm not?! Whats with the unwelcoming here? Is it because Scotty ripped you guys off?! :lol:

Edited by RD

[ignoring the previous post]

I think the first 10 minutes of tonight's game is going to be huge. If the Devils don't come out flying in the opening period, it may be a long night.

fvcking rip the place a new one tonight guys. Have fun and make sure our first sold out crowd in forever is loud as ever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.