Lightning sign defenceman Lukowich

Diabolical

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Like many, I'm sad to see him go too. He seemed to develop into a fan favorite.

But, evidently, LL felt that what made him stand out was not his play, but the lower play of the other D.

And Lou felt a change was needed. I dont' think it was the $ or term. Just a evaluation that his team needed more than Luko could offer.

Good Luck Brad. You served us well in your short time here.

Funny how much a difference a year can make. If this was last year most of us would be saying good riddance.

It was great seeing him settle in here in NJ after such a rough start after the trade off the island. I hope he has a good reintroduction to Tampa since he proved to be such a solid character guy for the Devils.

Edited by Diabolical

IMO this comes down to contract length.

If lou offers a 3 year deal he stays, i think lou only wanted a one year deal.

Can blame him for going to tampa, he has security for 3 years.

Something that is never garunteed here unless your last name is Brylin (watch he will get traded now, i have cursed him)

Good, if Lou's going to be a d-ck and not even offer ANYthing to Lukowich then let him get a good deal from another team.

Three years would have been one more than I wanted, but how do we know Luko wouldn't have taken a two year deal with us? Lou never offered bupkus.

But if the king thinks he can magically make the defense better by letting two of our top guys go without making an attempt to resign either, well okay Lou. Let's see those damn rabbits you're pulling out of that hat.

Edited by Hasan4978

Good, if Lou's going to be a d-ck and not even offer ANYthing to Lukowich then let him get a good deal from another team.

Three years would have been one more than I wanted, but how do we know Luko wouldn't have taken a two year deal with us? Lou never offered bupkus.

But if the king thinks he can magically make the defense better by letting two of our top guys go without making an attempt to resign either, well okay Lou. Let's see those damn rabbits you're pulling out of that hat.

This is a great point which can get lost in the Zubrus excitement.

Luko and Raffi were our best d-men last year. Their places are being taken by which rabbit?