Lightning sign defenceman Lukowich

Diabolical

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a very fair deal for Lukowich. I am disappointed Lou was unable to get him signed, especially for that price. He is much better than Rachunek. I wonder who Lou is going to use as the 7th defenseman next year, everyday Fraser's chances grow better and better. Not to be all doom and gloom but next years defense does not excite me at all, it may perhaps be one of the worst they have had in recent years.

How do we know this is the worst team since the 80s if they haven't even played a single game yet?

Can we at least clarify -- worst team on paper, worst team in the summer, worst team pre-season...you know, something? I hardly think this team is screwed, but then again, they have yet to play a single PRE-SEASON game for crying out loud!

Then we'll just call it the worst since the '80's. The problem is that the original Devils teams had an excuse for sucking. With this team, we had a championship in '03, and it's been nothing but bad deals and mis-management rivaling that of Lyndon Johnson ever since. This years' team won't make the playoffs.

Wow....

Won't make the Playoffs?ARE YOU fvckING KIDDING ME? :rant::argh::evilcry:

Jesus christ, if you wanna see which teams can't make the playoffs, Montreal Canadiens..........Columbus.......Nashville...Phoenix.....

This site is driving me crazy..Drepressing is the word.Wow, can't believe what i'm seeing.

I don't understand some of you. We lost our 50+ point defenseman and you're worrying about Lukowich. The Devils need offense from the blueline. I liked Luko as much as the next fan, but re-signing him for three years does nothing to rectify the current problem on defense.

White - Martin

Lukowich - Greene

Oduya - Matvichuk

Do you honestly want this unit out there? Rachunek isn't an ideal, but he at least has some potential, given more PP time, to replace the offense we lost in Rafalski.

What in the name of high holy fvcking hell is going on? We lose THREE North American players in as many days and sign a couple of passionless commies. I think Lou's gone red. And not in the good way.

I hope there's a "master plan" here, otherwise the Rock will be waiting until 2009 at the earliest to host its first postseason hockey game.

I think it's a rite of passage. You cannot become a true NJDevs regular until you've experienced THE MELTDOWN.

Sometimes it happens four or five times in a season, sometimes twice in an offseason, always at least once during the trade deadline.

It's fun.

How do we know this is the worst team since the 80s if they haven't even played a single game yet?

Can we at least clarify -- worst team on paper, worst team in the summer, worst team pre-season...you know, something? I hardly think this team is screwed, but then again, they have yet to play a single PRE-SEASON game for crying out loud!

If he signs Hinote, I'll shut up and give Lou the benefit of the doubt. But otherwise, there are no other D's out there that could really help this team.

Do you want to pay 6millions Souray?

Otherwise,Sign Brent Sopel/Ference/Markov.Yes, we'll not have the best defense, but wait for a trade or Next year Free Agency.Or even this year.

I remember 1year ago in 2006.We had no number 2center,We had Brylin as a number 2 center.And we still managed to make the Playoffs.

Souray is way too injury-prone. Sopel, Ference and Markov are all second rate. Of course, chances are Lou won't make an offer on any of them anyway. Remember, this is the new "fiscally responsible" Lou!

I remeber 2006 too. We still had Gomez, Rafalski and Lukowich. We got an unbelievable season from Parise, Zajac and Langs. Are those things going to happen this year?

Souray is way too injury-prone. Sopel, Ference and Markov are all second rate. Of course, chances are Lou won't make an offer on any of them anyway. Remember, this is the new "fiscally responsible" Lou!

I remeber 2006 too. We still had Gomez, Rafalski and Lukowich. We got an unbelievable season from Parise, Zajac and Langs. Are those things going to happen this year?

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

What the?

This team somehow will puts 100points.Its obvious.Zajac/Parise will get better,Julien will not be the coach, which means there'll be forecheck and less stupid decisions.Of course the defense will be less effective than last year, but again, there's still 3months before the season starts.

Keep living into your darknest world , Where Lou Lamoriello must be fired :rofl::lol::hah: