Fan Appreciation Weekend April 10-11

Mctool

Does anyone know anything more specific then what the devils have posted on their website about what the appreciation entails? I have tickets to Saturday's game and would not want to miss anything because I didn't get there early enough.

Eh... last year they did a pre-game fan fest and then did "random" seat drawings for prizes.. No joke, the lower bowl just so happen to take home 80% of the prizes (and 95% of the awesome prizes).. It was horrific and obviously not random at all

Fan Appreciation day was really not that awesome lol

• Like 1

Eh... last year they did a pre-game fan fest and then did "random" seat drawings for prizes.. No joke, the lower bowl just so happen to take home 80% of the prizes (and 95% of the awesome prizes).. It was horrific and obviously not random at all

Fan Appreciation day was really not that awesome lol

fan appreciation day has never been awesome and what you described about how "random" the drawing is certainly seems correct.

fan appreciation day has never been awesome and what you described about how "random" the drawing is certainly seems correct.

It felt awesome when I went a few years ago at CAA.. But yeah in the uppers we were laughing hysterically by the end because MAYBE 3 of the 25 - 30 prizes given out were in the upper sections.. And of the 3, 2 were like posters from previous giveaway days... We were only laughing on the outside.. Hurt pretty bad on the inside

If this year's drawings are as "random" as last year's I'm complaining to my ticket rep.. He always seems to answer my concerns well

• Like 1

If this year's drawings are as "random" as last year's I'm complaining to my ticket rep.. He always seems to answer my concerns well

Random can still be weighted. If I was doing the drawings I would certainly weight things based on ticket prices.

Besides, lots of people won the big prizes for frozen over from the cheap seats so I don't think the team is being unfair even if they are weighting this particular event.

Random can still be weighted. If I was doing the drawings I would certainly weight things based on ticket prices.

Besides, lots of people won the big prizes for frozen over from the cheap seats so I don't think the team is being unfair even if they are weighting this particular event.

But is it unethical to claim a random drawing when it's weighted? Hey I won a huge prize in Frozen Over so I'm content.. Doesn't mean I can't point out that the random drawing didn't seem random.. I was also under the impression that the drawings were for every seat in the house not just ones owned by STH

• Like 1

But is it unethical to claim a random drawing when it's weighted? Hey I won a huge prize in Frozen Over so I'm content.. Doesn't mean I can't point out that the random drawing didn't seem random.. I was also under the impression that the drawings were for every seat in the house not just ones owned by STH

What did you win Colin?

You won't miss anything if you get there late other than the fanfest outside and they usually have the same type of thing before any playoff game anyway.

If you go in not expecting to win any prizes anyway (I don't) you'll like the fan appreciation day a little better, especially since it's a sellout and there'll be a lot of kids there.

I don't know remember what else they do inside the arena besides the contreversial drawings which take place over both intermissions, they do have the Score-O championship in the intermission periods of the last game as well where the winner gets a car.

Normally they do just give away a team poster for everyone but since it's a double weekend game, they're giving away the poster Saturday and a mini-stick Sunday.

Well the Frozen Over thing it's literally who pays first gets a better chance to win the top prize choices. It'd be next to impossible for them to weight that by who pays the most for tickets if they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar giving the same first choice to someone in the lowers who pays a week later over a sth in the upper deck.

Back when they had no extra prizes for season ticket holders, the rigged in-stadium drawings were a lot more annoying but since really the Frozen Over thing is more weighted to the upper level season ticket holders (more likely to pay in a lump sum immediately) I don't mind them weighting the fan appreciation to lower bowl sth's.

Edited by NJDevs26
  • Like 1

What did you win Colin?

2 tickets in section 19, row 9 with access to the Platinum Lounge.. Only way to get platinum lounge tickets is to buy them to every event at pru center for the year or buy 10 of them for a game at like $350 to $500 a piece.. It was the best sporting experience of my life, so of course we renewed mere hours after 2010 - 2011 invoices went up

Back when they had no extra prizes for season ticket holders, the rigged in-stadium drawings were a lot more annoying but since really the Frozen Over thing is more weighted to the upper level season ticket holders (more likely to pay in a lump sum immediately) I don't mind them weighting the fan appreciation to lower bowl sth's.

Good point

• Like 1

I always wondered what the damage would be to get in the lounge for a single game. Did you take any pics?

Tried to but it was very dark in there so they didn't come out.. It's a very nice, quiet setting with couches and high tables.. Same food as in the fir and ice lounges, but because it is so exclusive you don't have to wait and they never run out.. Private sushi chef too.. Nice bar area with wait staff to bring you your drinks..

What I hated was that my brother and I were the only people wearing jerseys.. And some of the people down there didn't even leave to watch the game.. But hey, I had a good time

Here are some pics from the team.. Click gallery on the bottom http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?bcid=19543

• Like 1

But is it unethical to claim a random drawing when it's weighted?

Ask the NHL about that when the Penguins won the Cindy Crosby sweepstakes :P

I'd comment more on the thread but I've thrown my hands up with the STH, the more they do one thing right, the more they come out and screw 3 things up more.....

2 tickets in section 19, row 9 with access to the Platinum Lounge.. Only way to get platinum lounge tickets is to buy them to every event at pru center for the year or buy 10 of them for a game at like $350 to $500 a piece.. It was the best sporting experience of my life, so of course we renewed mere hours after 2010 - 2011 invoices went up

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I won the same Frozen Over prize for the LA Kings game in January this season. The Platinum Lounge was pretty cool, Chico came out and mingled with some people before heading up to call the game.

I renewed my season tickets for next season last Monday and on Friday I get an e-mail from my account rep saying that I won the first Super Prize Drawing! I won the Helicopter ride and 4 tickets to a Devils vs Rangers game next season! So I'm happy as hell :yea:

Edited by ooinvisiblekidoo

I won the same Frozen Over prize for the LA Kings game in January this season. The Platinum Lounge was pretty cool, Chico came out and mingled with some people before heading up to call the game.

I renewed my season tickets for next season last Monday and on Friday I get an e-mail from my account rep saying that I won the first Super Prize Drawing! I won the Helicopter ride and 4 tickets to a Devils vs Rangers game next season! So I'm happy as hell :yea:

So I guess that makes you John Krayl..Congrats. Thats awesome

Wow dude... I'm jealous.. Congrats

• Like 1