Kincaid sent down, Frazee called up

SterioDesign

I think they probably want to give Kinkaid playing time.  If Hedberg sh!ts the bed again, my guess is that Kinkaid gets called up to start the next game.

I definitely think it's to get Kinkaid playing time - Albany has a 3 in 3 this weekend. I think this also has to do with rewarding Frazee. OT: Looking forward to Wedgewood getting his first AHL action this weekend.

It does make sense. Kinkaid/Frazee are just the backups anyway. Bringing up Frazee gets him a few games of an NHL pay check, which is a great reward for a guy who has been in our minor league system for many years AND it gets Kinkaid some real playing time. Win-Win. 

It does make sense. Kinkaid/Frazee are just the backups anyway. Bringing up Frazee gets him a few games of an NHL pay check, which is a great reward for a guy who has been in our minor league system for many years AND it gets Kinkaid some real playing time. Win-Win. 

then why bring up Kinkaid in the first place?? to get him NHL reps?? well nice you got him like a period and a half of experience,now on to the next??

makes NO sense

then why bring up Kinkaid in the first place?? to get him NHL reps?? well nice you got him like a period and a half of experience,now on to the next??

makes NO sense

To get Kinkaid some NHL paychecks as well. The difference in salary is very large. A few NHL games is a big pay bonus to these guys and spreading it around is a useful way to boost moral up and down the organization. In my mind these are inconsequential moves on the ice, but off the ice they make sense. 

It'd be a different story if Frazee was starting Thursday..Then i'd be a confused as to why the start didn't go to Kinkaid. 

Since Hedberg is starting... I wouldn't read too much into this. They likely want playing time for Kinkaid. As Gillutti pointed out today he's played about 26 minutes in two weeks. Frazee has basically won the Albany Devils their last 3 wins so he deserves the paycheck as someone mentioned and perhaps his own debuts in the NHL.

i cant believe we're saying that kinkaid and frazee are playing because we're rewarding them with nhl paychecks.

uh heloooo we're on a pretty rough losing streak, we better not be worrying about ahl players getting bonuses.  like when the fvck has that ever been a real factor?  

If Lou is honestly doing that, his head is in the wrong place and he isn't focusing where he should be.  crazy

i cant believe we're saying that kinkaid and frazee are playing because we're rewarding them with nhl paychecks.

uh heloooo we're on a pretty rough losing streak, we better not be worrying about ahl players getting bonuses.  like when the fvck has that ever been a real factor?  

If Lou is honestly doing that, his head is in the wrong place and he isn't focusing where he should be.  crazy

Somebody has to sit on the bench and be back-up. If not either of our two goalies in the AHL, then who? I think you're overreacting to this. Kinkaid and Frazee are probably the two least responsible for the rut we're in.

Moose is starting either way. Kinkaid has played 26 mins in 2 weeks. It doesn't matter who is opening the door at the end of the bench all game. They probably want Kinkaid playing this weekend in Albany so he isn't getting rusty. More than likely, he was being sent down regardless of if he played Tuesday or not.

im not in any way blaming Kinkaid or Frazee for anything.  but cmon, with the rut that we are in now, i cant believe that we are giving goalies playing time, perhaps just so they can earn their "NHL checks" and feel better about themselves.

Am i that uncalled for?

im not in any way blaming Kinkaid or Frazee for anything.  but cmon, with the rut that we are in now, i cant believe that we are giving goalies playing time, perhaps just so they can earn their "NHL checks" and feel better about themselves.

Am i that uncalled for?

So should we just not dress any goalies and play with an empty net the whole game? What point are you trying to make here? You're complaining about calling up a couple of goalies from the minor leagues to fill in the back-up role until Marty is healthy... why? I don't understand your point. I'll ask again, who else was going to be the back-up behind Moose while Marty was gone if not Kinkaid/Frazee or both? Are you upset because Kinkaid was called up originally and now they are rotating him with Frazee? If so, I have to ask again, why? It's not like Lou is inconveniencing the team and going out of his way to "give these guys bonuses". We need someone to dress as the back-up, it only makes sense to call up one of the guys from Albany. Now, they are getting rotated so that they get equal play time IN ALBANY. Neither are slated to get much NHL action at all, so they are really inconsequential.

So should we just not dress any goalies and play with an empty net the whole game? What point are you trying to make here? You're complaining about calling up a couple of goalies from the minor leagues to fill in the back-up role until Marty is healthy... why? I don't understand your point. I'll ask again, who else was going to be the back-up behind Moose while Marty was gone if not Kinkaid/Frazee or both? Are you upset because Kinkaid was called up originally and now they are rotating him with Frazee? If so, I have to ask again, why? It's not like Lou is inconveniencing the team and going out of his way to "give these guys bonuses". We need someone to dress as the back-up, it only makes sense to call up one of the guys from Albany. Now, they are getting rotated so that they get equal play time IN ALBANY. Neither are slated to get much NHL action at all, so they are really inconsequential.

thats not my point.  my point was addressing the fact that you said it makes sense because, "Bringing up Frazee gets him a few games of an NHL pay check, which is a great reward for a guy." that pay check should not even be in the discussion.

thats not my point.  my point was addressing the fact that you said it makes sense because, "Bringing up Frazee gets him a few games of an NHL pay check, which is a great reward for a guy." that pay check should not even be in the discussion.

“It’s very simplistic,” Lamoriello said in explaining that move. “They’ve both played equally well and we took Kinkaid up (first). Jeff had a great weekend (with Albany). We had three games. We got five out of six points. Jeff got four points and (Maxime) Clermont got the other (point). Jeff deserved to be here. Kinkaid did fine, but they’ve been equal. Kinkaid got his feet wet as far as being around with the experience and this was our plan all along.”

There ya go. They wanted each of them to have a chance to be around an NHL team. It wasn't for the pay, but it was for the experience. 

They did the same switch with Clermont and Kinkaid, sending Clermont back to the ECHL and calling Wedge to Albany.

lol this is the equivalent of Rex making McElroy inactive after he won a game while Sanchez continued to stink.

Oh NO you don't! Even though I'm a Jets fan I am way too proud of a Devils fan to have those two teams discussed together in a single sentence, let alone actively compared! That's too close for comfort. My beloved Jets are a bonafide laughingstock..... They are the Colorado Rockies of the NFL!

Oh.... Wait..... Never mind....

We didn't know how long Marty was gonna be out for. Kinkaid needs work if he's going to get better (which we hope, on the offchance he could be a bona fide starter some day). You can't make the kid ride the pine/come in to mop up in a beat down for much longer without fvcking up this season from a development standpoint. It makes more sense to get him back in games and let Frazee ride the pine with the big boys for a week or so (hopefully less). If Frazee gets some money out of it, that's an added bonus, and I'm sure it came up in discussion when they were deciding to make the switch. Unless DeBo is going to start one of them, in which case you want the better player in NJ, I like the move.

We didn't know how long Marty was gonna be out for. Kinkaid needs work if he's going to get better (which we hope, on the offchance he could be a bona fide starter some day). You can't make the kid ride the pine/come in to mop up in a beat down for much longer without fvcking up this season from a development standpoint. It makes more sense to get him back in games and let Frazee ride the pine with the big boys for a week or so (hopefully less). If Frazee gets some money out of it, that's an added bonus, and I'm sure it came up in discussion when they were deciding to make the switch. Unless DeBo is going to start one of them, in which case you want the better player in NJ, I like the move.

I don't think there is bewilderment in terms of swapping back ups in general, but rather as you said, you can't make the kid ride the pine for ever. So when there was an upcoming opportunity for him to get an actual game in it's puzzling to see him get sent down right before that opportunity.

Of course is Moose plays both games this weekend then it's moot.

I think he does.

I don't think there is bewilderment in terms of swapping back ups in general, but rather as you said, you can't make the kid ride the pine for ever. So when there was an upcoming opportunity for him to get an actual game in it's puzzling to see him get sent down right before that opportunity.

That opportunity didn't exist though. They were never planning on playing either of them. The idea was that if you had to choose between guy a and guy b for a spot as "non playing goalie" it doesn't matter much which one is marginally better. And if the thought that extra pay isn't used to reward people in sports is ridiculous. Ever heard of a performance bonus? Well, here's a way you can get one if you're a prospect. To say that the money isn't thought of at all, is silly.