‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

More Parise: "if it does get to July 1st it's going to be a bit overwhelming but my agent is doing a good job preparing me for that day."

*pulse becoming very irregular*

That part actually doesn't sound great. So he is going till July 1st then

if you want to take his quotes at face value, i think he is very much hoping that the devils give him an offer he can take before 7/1. as i posted previously, a source i trust told me that parise was ready to take 7/50 at the trade deadline and his agents were against it at that time because they knew he could do no worse before or after 7/1 and that if he really wanted to stay with NJ, that wouldn't be an issue and he'd get more.

if he gets to i think 9/63 or 10/70 gets it done but i'm not sure if the devils can do it.

At this point, I think he'd be crazy not to go to the first just to see what there is, even if he just turns around and signs the Devils offer.

The Wild's offer is going to be like $150 million by then at the rate it's going :P

I still think there's a chance he signs before July 1 just because he wants to, but if not then it gets to 50-50 when other teams' insane offers come to the fore.

The Wild's offer is going to be like $150 million by then at the rate it's going :P

I still think there's a chance he signs before July 1 just because he wants to, but if not then it gets to 50-50 when other teams' insane offers come to the fore.

The impetus to sign pre-July 1 is that he wants to stay and doesn't want to be in a position of getting an offer to play somewhere else that he can't refuse.

That would jive somewhat with Sundstrom's information.

The impetus to sign pre-July 1 is that he wants to stay and doesn't want to be in a position of getting an offer to play somewhere else that he can't refuse.

That would jive somewhat with Sundstrom's information.

Agreed, I really hope it gets done before then though. I don't want a Mogilny like moment where he signs somewhere else, then basically admits regret over doing so at his introductory press conference.

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils

Parise on the possibility of Oates and Larry Robinson both leaving: "That's a big shakeup."

I hope that wouldn't influence his decision.

Larry hasn't left yet though lol, that's just Chere trying to stir it up again...besides, I'm sure Lou just brings Albelin back or someone else the players are familiar with anyway, god knows about 95% of assistants we hire have Lou or Devil connections anyway, with Oates being a rare exception.

Plus Larry's so darn nice I could see Lou talking him into staying another year or two because of Oates leaving and the kids coming up. He's already been in and out of the fold a few different times anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils

Zach Parise told me if he becomes an UFA on Sunday it doesn't mean he's ruled out staying with the Devils.

Expand

@Ledger_NJDevils:

Parise said if he gets to Sunday, Devils aren't out: "Not at all. I know a lot of people will think that. That's far from the case."

just goes to show that Devils will get right of a match.

So, on a different area of the topic here..how do these things generally go?

Zach talks to agent, agent talks to Lou, agent brings stuff back to Zach to see if he approves, repeat?

Do Lou and Zach ever directly speak during this whole process?

if you want to take his quotes at face value, i think he is very much hoping that the devils give him an offer he can take before 7/1. as i posted previously, a source i trust told me that parise was ready to take 7/50 at the trade deadline and his agents were against it at that time because they knew he could do no worse before or after 7/1 and that if he really wanted to stay with NJ, that wouldn't be an issue and he'd get more.

if he gets to i think 9/63 or 10/70 gets it done but i'm not sure if the devils can do it.

I think they can do this, it's just a question of where the money goes. They can't jam $20M in the first two years, with bonuses, for example. But if the payments were relatively flat, yeah, I think that could work.

So, on a different area of the topic here..how do these things generally go?

Zach talks to agent, agent talks to Lou, agent brings stuff back to Zach to see if he approves, repeat?

Do Lou and Zach ever directly speak during this whole process?

I don't think Agents would allow their client to speak directly with LOU. Lou has too much influence.

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier.. but nonetheless baffles me a bit, if my recollection is even correct. May be you guys recall.

Last off-season when Zach was a RFA and the deadline was a approaching tick tick tick - NJD & ZP agree on 1 year deal because (if i recall correctly) time was running out and 1yr deal made sense for now.

Fast Forward, a whole year almost gone by... NJD & ZP begin talking 5 days before deadline ???????

Thoughts?

:koolaid:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.