Phil Kessel?

CarpathianForest

2 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick isn't insane to give up for a player like that if you knew the 1st round picks would be between 15th and 30th. Since they ended up 2nd and 9th, it didn't really end up working out.

I don't like Kessel, even though he is without a doubt a very good player. He's not a play driver, he's weak defensively, and he's not a creative player. And of course the Leafs would never trade him for anything NJ has, but that's immaterial I suppose.

It's nothing more than kicking ideas around. Lou's probably going to re-sign Sykora and run with the team as it currently stands.

Kessel may be soft, but he's also considered by the NHLPA poll to be the 4th fastest skater in the NHL. Something we need with all the geriatric cases on our team.

Burke gave up 2 first round picks and a 2nd round pick which is insane. But I think a combination of picks, prospects and players could get Burke thinking. And, no we wouldn't have to include Henrique or Josefson.

Here's the problem with this IMO.

Burke needs to get this team to the playoffs ASAP. Right now, they are a bubble team if they can get the goaltending straightened out, which IMO Luongo will do for them, at least to get there. They're not going to trade their leading scorer for futures. I agree that a competitive package could be put together, but none of our current starting D-men, nor is there any forward that he would accept a package around except the younger talent. He's not going to do it for any of our players that are UFA next season, so that eliminates Zubrus, Clarkson, Elias, and Zajac, unless one of them is definitely not coming back. I could see a package built around Zajac, but who wants to trade Zajac? Then we have a problem with faceoffs this season.

Put together a package from the Devils that can get Kessel here that Burke would accept. We have to give up a first rounder in the next two years, so throw one of those out.

I just don't see a viable package unless Burke is willing to wait even longer to get this team to the playoffs or us giving up a really important piece. I don't see Lou doing that.

I don't like Kessel, even though he is without a doubt a very good player. He's not a play driver, he's weak defensively, and he's not a creative player. And of course the Leafs would never trade him for anything NJ has, but that's immaterial I suppose.

I would never think Burke would trade Kessel but if this description is true, he doesn't sound very Lou-ish.

After a 30 goal season it may be a good idea to optimize Clarkson's trade potential. If I recall, Burke has a hard on for him.

So does PDB.

I think its more Clarkson has a hard on for the Leafs than Burke does for him.

So does PDB.

I think its more Clarkson has a hard on for the Leafs than Burke does for him.

completely and utterly disagree with this. I think Clarkson loves NJ and wouldn't mind playing here his whole career. I think he loves Toronto and would enjoy playing there if he was sent there. I think it's been made pretty clear that Burke is a Clarkson fan.

completely and utterly disagree with this. I think Clarkson loves NJ and wouldn't mind playing here his whole career. I think he loves Toronto and would enjoy playing there if he was sent there. I think it's been made pretty clear that Burke is a Clarkson fan.

I didnt say Clarkson didnt enjoy NJ. He's also a lifelong Leafs fan. I dont think Clarky would mind, if he was to be traded, to be traded to the Leafs. In fact, I would bet thats where he would choose to go if he had to leave NJ.

Where has that been made pretty clear? Ive never even heard Burke talk about Clarkson. Ive read hockey media types say that Clarkson is the type of guy Burke would like, but Ive not once heard Burke say a word about Clarkson.

I didnt say Clarkson didnt enjoy NJ. He's also a lifelong Leafs fan. I dont think Clarky would mind, if he was to be traded, to be traded to the Leafs. In fact, I would bet thats where he would choose to go if he had to leave NJ.

Where has that been made pretty clear? Ive never even heard Burke talk about Clarkson. Ive read hockey media types say that Clarkson is the type of guy Burke would like, but Ive not once heard Burke say a word about Clarkson.

Ok, but you're backtracking now. I just said Clakson would like playing for the Leafs - but that's alot different than saying that Clarkson, "has a hard on for the leafs." And not that it matters, but I believe the last time I heard mention of it was when I think some announcer was talking about the high regard Burke has for Clarkson during a Leafs game. But it is certainly not an absolute fact.

Ok, but you're backtracking now. I just said Clakson would like playing for the Leafs - but that's alot different than saying that Clarkson, "has a hard on for the leafs." And not that it matters, but I believe the last time I heard mention of it was when I think some announcer was talking about the high regard Burke has for Clarkson during a Leafs game. But it is certainly not an absolute fact.

"Has a hard on for the Leafs" obviously means he'd like playing for the Leafs. I didnt realize there was a level of interest implied via a figure of speech. He's said numerous times they were his team growing up.

Now you're backtracking, "I think its pretty clear..." is not the same as "It certainly is not an absolute fact". I've read numerous hockey media state that they think Clarky is a "prototypical Burke player", but nothing from Burke himself.

Quit twisting words of an opinion. I would be willing to bet if Clarky wasnt a Devil, his choice of team would be the Leafs. I also said "I think its more Clarkson" which means I was offering an opinion and not stating a fact. I dont know how Burke feels about Clarkson, but I know how Clarkson feels about the Leafs.

"Has a hard on for the Leafs" obviously means he'd like playing for the Leafs. I didnt realize there was a level of interest implied via a figure of speech. He's said numerous times they were his team growing up.

With all due respect that does not "obviously" mean that. It actually more obviously implies that he wants to go play for the Leafs.

Now you're backtracking, "I think its pretty clear..." is not the same as "It certainly is not an absolute fact". I've read numerous hockey media state that they think Clarky is a "prototypical Burke player", but nothing from Burke himself.

Umm...those two quotes are perfectly non-contradictory. "It's pretty clear but not absolute fact." And it seems to be the sentiment in many circles he feels that way. Anyways, the point is that there is no evidence at all to your original implication.

Quit twisting words of an opinion. I would be willing to bet if Clarky wasnt a Devil, his choice of team would be the Leafs. I also said "I think its more Clarkson" which means I was offering an opinion and not stating a fact. I dont know how Burke feels about Clarkson, but I know how Clarkson feels about the Leafs.

I made the most obvious inference. You can call it twisting but it was my sincere inference - i guess you should be more clear and not blame the readers of your posts for "mis-interpreting,".....even though the interpretation is clear...but not absolute fact.

Edited by ben00rs

How damn anal are you? The original comment that set you off was pure opinion and nothing more.

You also stated to the comment "Clarkson would be sitting in Lous office to be on this trade." Your reply: "Also true."

To me reading that comment, Clarkson would be in a hurry to get to Toronto, which you agree with.

How damn anal are you? The original comment that set you off was pure opinion and nothing more.

I'm not anal and personal attacks are not necessary. I don't go there.

You also stated to the comment "Clarkson would be sitting in Lous office to be on this trade." Your reply: "Also true."

To me reading that comment, Clarkson would be in a hurry to get to Toronto, which you agree with.

You know that's not how it's meant dude. You know.

Anyways, I can tell you're upset for some reason, as your responses to me disagreeing with u show. I'll leave you alone.

I'm not anal and personal attacks are not necessary. I don't go there.

You know that's not how it's meant dude. You know.

Anyways, I can tell you're upset for some reason, as your responses to me disagreeing with u show. I'll leave you alone.

Its not a personal attack to read someone's responses as anal. I didnt call you any names. You're analyzing an opinion like its the worst thing ever said.

No, I don't know. "Clarkson would be sitting in Lous office to be on this trade." that's seems damn clear to me that the player wants to go somewhere. Its not often that players sit in Lous office to "be on this trade".

Im not upset in the slightest, but don't change your positions just to start an argument. Clarkson is sitting in Lous office to be on the trade clearly can be re-worded that he has a hard-on for the Leafs. Would Clarky be sitting in Lous office for a trade to the Ducks or Jackets?

No, I don't know. "Clarkson would be sitting in Lous office to be on this trade." that's seems damn clear to me that the player wants to go somewhere. Its not often that players sit in Lous office to "be on this trade".

The poster clearly meant that's because Burke would be asking for Clarkson. You know that GHDI. Players don't often negotiate trades.

This will be the last of this.

Edited by ben00rs

The poster clearly meant that's because Burke would be asking for Clarkson. You know that GHDI. Players don't often negotiate trades.

Nice attempt at another backtrack. First complaints of a non-existent personal attack and now this.

Obviously, Clarkson doesnt have the ability to negotiate a trade. If someone says "Clarkson would be sitting in Lous office to be on this trade." There is no mention of Burke or Burke's affinity for Clarky whatsoever. Its pretty clear that poster meant that he thinks Clarky would want to go to Toronto.

The end.

nash is a 60-70 pt player. given you probably get 38-40 goals a year (a couple jaw droppers too, ill give him that) but hes not elite enough to justify his cap hit. you just have to give up way too much in a trade for him.

let the rangers get him. hes a typical overpriced acquistion they make when theyre feeling good about their cup contention.

nash is a 60-70 pt player. given you probably get 38-40 goals a year (a couple jaw droppers too, ill give him that) but hes not elite enough to justify his cap hit. you just have to give up way too much in a trade for him.

let the rangers get him. hes a typical overpriced acquistion they make when theyre feeling good about their cup contention.

Nash has never played with decent lines. He's put up 60-70 points average, but I believe he's capable of more if he plays with the right players.