Dano is the new Chico. jMac is the new Dano

Pepperkorn

I hate BBQ sauce so I'm always hesitant to go to any BBQ places around here. Am I a freak because I only like dry rub?

IMO dry ribs done right are better than wet, but sauce can help cover up some things if you will. A lot of BBQ purists down south swear by dry so you're definitely not a freak lol.

I hate BBQ sauce so I'm always hesitant to go to any BBQ places around here. Am I a freak because I only like dry rub?

I do dry rub only on ribs and sometimes a sauce down very lightly that'll be carmelized before serving.

Globs of BBQ sauce is not good bbq, to me. A bottle of sauce for everyone to squeeze however much or little they want is acceptable though. :lol:

Edited by Devils731

I've personally been a little preoccupied with Rutgers football... huge game this Saturday against that team from Pennsylvania.

Not to go too OT but:  Any PSU grads frequent these forums?

I'm a PSU grad who attended when they first joined the Big 10.  A lot of my extended family are Rutgers Grads, and I was happy for them when they joined the Big 10.

That being said, if this is going to be a real rivalry, it has to grow organically.  Knowing the geography (and there were a lot on NJ residents attending when I went), its good on paper as far as I'm concerned.  I was furunate to be there with some good teams, but I didn't feel their rivals were legit until a few years in.

I think your're going to see a lot on Blue in the stands.  Heck, I even tried to hit Stubhub, but it aint worth $140 to me.  I know the irony in this statement since I hate when I see that in Newark.

I know this is off-topic but damn do I really hate that guy. His opinions on food means zilch to me.

lol, that guy's a total hack. Did you happen to read the NYT review of his times square restaurant? I've never read something like it, the critic ripped into him. It was pretty funny.

As someone who went to school in Syracuse where the original Dino BBQ is, having one outside Pru Center in Newark is like bringing a part of my personal history into one of my other favorite places. Glad they put one there. Great place to get good beer, great BBQ and fried green tomatoes!

As someone who went to school in Syracuse where the original Dino BBQ is, having one outside Pru Center in Newark is like bringing a part of my personal history into one of my other favorite places. Glad they put one there. Great place to get good beer, great BBQ and fried green tomatoes!

The one in Syracuse is amazing. I stopped there on my way back from Buffalo last year and it was really good. Definitely better than the one in Newark.

Yeah they are also expanding one of the stores upstairs as well.  New ownership decided to bring in Fanatics (who run shop.nhl.com) because they said the #1 complaint from fans was lack of selection in the stores (which I agree on).  Fanatics promised to stock them pretty heavily with all kinds of stuff so we will have to see if they come through.

I'll be happy if they just have more options in player tees.

I'm new to the forum. A long time Devils fan who remembers seeing both Chico and Daneyko play.

I really enjoy Ken Daneyko's candor and approach to things, but how do you replace the Mr Rogers feel that the "nice guy next door" Chico Resch brought. Ken Daneyko is as good a replacement as you could find, but I'll miss hearing Chico's voice and his friendly laugh.

I'm new to the forum. A long time Devils fan who remembers seeing both Chico and Daneyko play.

I really enjoy Ken Daneyko's candor and approach to things, but how do you replace the Mr Rogers feel that the "nice guy next door" Chico Resch brought. Ken Daneyko is as good a replacement as you could find, but I'll miss hearing Chico's voice and his friendly laugh.

welcome! this place is great i wish i wouldve found it sooner! You can learn a lot here but sometimes it is nothing but a bunch of bitching and complaining amongst fans. enjoy!

Just reading some of the posts by all of you has been an education. I have not been to a Devils home game as I am many miles away from there, but I was lucky enough to make it to a game in Phoenix last season. I had great seats right behind the visitors (Devils) bench and was thrilled to see everything from so close. Little did I know it would be Scott Stevens last season behind the bench.

I'll try to participate during this season. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well... my Chicoisms drinking game chart will be hanging on the wall in my computer room with all my other devils items, I guess it's time for a new chart? Danoisms?

Dano is almost the polar opposite of Chico.  Chico has almost no filter, and Dano is very articulate with his words.

Welcome!

welcome! this place is great i wish i wouldve found it sooner! You can learn a lot here but sometimes it is nothing but a bunch of bitching and complaining amongst fans. enjoy!

I think you just described every sports forum on the internet :lol:

Anyone going to MSG next week for Devils-Rangers??? I know a lot of Devils fans going, it's pretty much the only Devils-Rangers at MSG game you'll be able to get for "cheap" all season. During the regular season, we play them 2 days after Christmas (gonna be rammed/overpriced) and on a Saturday toward the end of the season (rammed/overpriced for obvious reasons).

For next week's game, you can find tickets in the $20s-30s. I'll be there with 4 others!

was treated to a Green Bay-Jets game at Lambeau by my boss! (M-F'er, I'll never travel to see that team again!!! but thats for a different forum, lol) flying into newark yesterday afternoon I looked out and saw The Rock in all its brick beauty..which made me look at my outlook calendar AND sure enough THIS MONDAY!!!!! Devils-rags WOOT!  Plus my kids club team are getting their jersey's and warm up suites this sunday (pretty fancy for a "B" Bantam team LOL)  either way HOCKEY IS BACK!!!