MacLean has been fired. Confirmed on NJ.com

thefiestygoat

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the lines have been set how many back to back games this year? Wasn't Bergfors a healthy scratch on saturday?

Didn't Kovalchuk score 40+ each year?? Whatever they do in Atlanta is their business but Bergfors has put up more point than our entire roster except Elias (tied with Kovalchuk), only good for 7th in his team but still good. I referred to progress by the way, no matter how well Bergfors played, Lemaire kept moving him arund even to the fourth line, yet he kept Zharkov and his complete lack of offensive production around for a loooong time. I don't hink he likes Swedish players :noclue:

I said even if they work meaning even if the score 10 goals in 3 games, by they 4th they'll be split. This year nothing has worked so why keep them; injuries have forced changes too, so far.

I bet Salmela is super-duper happy too. Here comes even more softness, again.

FVCK LEMAIRE

Edited by cubanjd305

I feel sorry for Mac. If he was coaching last year I have a good hunch we'd be singing his praises as coach of the year.

IMHO it's the team. Maybe Lemaire will turn us around but turn us around to what? Yes we are far from being mathematically eliminated from contention but realistically we would have to win like 10 games and hope everyone else goes on a massive losing streak. I am not saying I don't believe in my team but playoff bound? Gotta take a miracle.

Would the Devils have been like this Lemaire was coach this year? Who knows. It made sense to make Mac coach and if I remember correctly a majority of the fans wanted the move. I do put SOME of the blame on his coaching skills but you honestly cant say it's just him. That's just silly.

Keep him as Assistant coach. He made a fine assistant coach.

Damn, there is a good chance this team ends up on a 95 point pace or better with Lemaire to finish this season. Which may take us out of top 5 pick range. Strome Strome Strome

Even if I think 95 is impossible it still puts you in the playoffs.

Edited by SS-SS

Lemaire is a lame duck coach at this point and will not command any personnel changes, as he won't be around to execute those changes next year.

I'm afraid we'll tank even more...

This is a legit point, I think. I don't think they can tank EVEN MORE, but how are the players likely to view this coaching change? They might be sneering.

Edited by Jerrydevil

I don't know why anyone thinks we can make the playoffs period. The hole is too deep no matter how much this team turns it around.

We are 18 points behind 8th place with 1 more game played then Boston.

Now I'd love to be wrong about this but I just don't see it happening. It would be an incredible accomplishment if we somehow did.

Why does everyone think the coach will magically put us on a pace to make the playoffs (if the season started today)? We can't score, and can't defend. I agree that Mac wasn't working out, but it was a lot of the personnel too

So your saying Zajac Kovalchuk Arnott Elias do not have the ability to score? Hell even Rolston has 15+ goal potential. Tedenby has ability.

Of course they can, but what is Lemaire really gonna change on the offensive end?

If I'm not mistaken Kovy did really like Lemaire

Give the team some stability, actually understand how to get offense out of them. Make them a better 5 on 5 team. Lemaire is a hall of fame coach, he has been there and done this.

I think that could be a motivating factor for this move. I can't see guys like Langenbrunner, White, Elias being too happy with Lemaire being back. Neither of those three got along at all the end of last year with Lemaire.

It's funny that you say this as Nick Kypreos on "Hockey Central" today told Dano during his interview that,

"the firing of Maclean was done only to make one player happy---Ilya Kovalchuk".

I think that could be a motivating factor for this move. I can't see guys like Langenbrunner, White, Elias being too happy with Lemaire being back. Neither of those three got along at all the end of last year with Lemaire.

It's funny that you say this as Nick Kypreos on "Hockey Central" today told Dano during his interview that,

"the firing of Maclean was done only to make one player happy---Ilya Kovalchuk".