The Quest for 91

Devils Pride 26

Like, I said, this is totally Lou. I don't really think it's such a big deal. The call-ups are not so vital - how many Albany players do we expect to need the rest of the season? Larsson. That's it.

I'd be shocked if we see Larsson at this point.  Unless they just wait till we're totally out of it to give him a few games.  This braintrust can go **** themselves.

I'd be shocked if we see Larsson at this point.  Unless they just wait till we're totally out of it to give him a few games.  This braintrust can go **** themselves.

It's very hard for me to respect giving Gelinas time right now instead of Larsson. Very hard. If Gelinas was only being used as a PP weapon that's one thing, but he's out there in do-or-die defensive situations.

Edited by Neb00rs

I'd be shocked if we see Larsson at this point. Unless they just wait till we're totally out of it to give him a few games. This braintrust can go **** themselves.

Absolutely insulting to the poor kid keeping him in Albany this whole time, especially when he was playing so well here, and ESPECIALLY when we have clowns like Salvador getting 20+ mins a night. If Larsson requested a trade, I'd hold no ill will towards him.

Edited by devlman

It's very hard for me to respect giving Gelinas time right now instead of Larsson. Very hard. If Gelinas was only being used as a PP weapon that's one thing, but he's out there in do-or-die defensive situations.

Or Merrill.  Or Salvador.  Or Zidlicky.  This entire defense is a dumpster fire, but it's always easier to blame the kids, except somehow Merill escapes it with this staff.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Or Merrill.  Or Salvador.  Or Zidlicky.  This entire defense is a dumpster fire, but it's always easier to blame the kids, except somehow Merill escapes it with this staff.

The reason you blame the kids is because they have two-way contracts.

Believe what you wish, they've packed it in since choking away a game they needed Friday.

And they're five points plus a game in hand out with less than a month to go to jump multiple teams.  Even if they ripped off a ten-game winning streak somehow THAT might not be enough at this point and since they've had one lousy three-game winning streak in over a year that ain't likely.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Believe what you wish, they've packed it in since choking away a game they needed Friday.

And they're five points plus a game in hand out with less than a month to go to jump multiple teams.  Even if they ripped off a ten-game winning streak somehow THAT might not be enough at this point and since they've had one lousy three-game winning streak in over a year that ain't likely.

Did you even watch the video man? Some of those moments are just strong enough to make anyone believe

Stop with the logic, you're letting facts cloud your judgement. Watch the video and it will change your mind.

The way I see it, we need 3 times to happen:

Beat the teams just ahead of us (NYR, WSH, TOR) in regulation

Beat the teams just behind us (CAR, OTT) in regulation

Beat the "weak" teams (FLA, NYI, BUF)

The 3rd point probably has the best chance of happening since those teams don't really have anything to play for, though we all know teams like to play spoiler and that doesn't always end up being the case where they roll over and die.

It's not very likely that we win all 5 of the games against the teams around us, in regulation no less, but most of them are at home where we have been playing better this year than on the road, so that is at least one thing going in our favor.

Normally losing tonight to a Western Conference opponent such as Minnesota wouldn't be all that bad, however in this case, with us riding a 3 game losing streak, and the game being at home, I think it is imperative if we are going to make a real push and try to slip in as a wild card team.  If we lose, even though all of those other more important divisional games I mentioned still lie ahead, I think the moral will be so low that it won't even matter.  Of course you could argue it's already over and doesn't matter, but this is just me being an optimist and trying to find even the slightest chance to believe because I just hate not watching Devils hockey come mid-April.

No, I now see it as a quest to sign or trade for Steven Stamkos, guy is a beast.  Hey, I can dream.

Lol, dream on my friend. I actually don't think it is possible for us to obtain Steven Stamkos. We have no combination of assets that would even get TB to entertain the idea.

Taken from another forum I post a frequently, here is a breakdown of where we stand in comparison to the rest of the league as of 3/21.   I love watching the teams fight and race for the last few spots.  I think 93 is the new magic number, which means we can only lose 2 of our remaining 12.  =/

h]ttp://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t641/desouza7/EConference_zps69d92b08.png

Edited by NJDfan1711

Taken from another forum I post a frequently, here is a breakdown of where we stand in comparison to the rest of the league as of 3/21.   I love watching the teams fight and race for the last few spots.  I think 93 is the new magic number, which means we can only lose 2 of our remaining 12.  =/

h]ttp://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t641/desouza7/EConference_zps69d92b08.png

91 gives us a 53.7 - 62.6% chance.

92 gives us a 79.4 - 82.8% chance.

93 gives us a 94.3 - 95.6% chance.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/NewJersey.html

91 gives us a 53.7 - 62.6% chance.

92 gives us a 79.4 - 82.8% chance.

93 gives us a 94.3 - 95.6% chance.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/NewJersey.html

I was just making an educated guess with 93, but it looks like I was correct then :)   It's nice to know 92 is still a possibility as well. 

I also still feel strongly that the key is also beating the teams we're chasing in regulation rather than OT or SO.  We can't let them have points when we can control it.  Basically tomorrow and Sunday could very well be our season.  Rags with 78 and Tor with 80.  Of the teams currently in a playoff spot, they seem the most likely to succumb to a failure down the stretch.  CJB looks like they're gripping hard to get in, and catching TB or MTL is pretty much out of the question.