Jagr Signs 1 Year Deal With Devils

Rogan The Goat

You don't find her writing about Kovalchuk the slighest bit creepy?    You're trying to say people are lumping her in with people who invent FA rumors and trades.   But I don't think anyone is saying that.    The tone I got from some of the stuff I went through was a mediocre writer who editorializes and in some cases, just wasn't correct.    The recent Kovalchuk article is a trainwreck.

She may be creepy or whatever, but I don't care if she's creepy so it doesn't matter to me.

I do think people were saying there was no difference between her tweet and random twitter make up people.  That silly Nick Barlotta guy is still talked about like he "might be right" and to me they are obviously in a different class of reporting.  The asking about her in regard to the guy who made up the Souray thing is another example.

Edited by Devils731

She may be creepy or whatever, but I don't care if she's creepy so it doesn't matter to me.

I do think people were saying there was no difference between her tweet and random twitter make up people.  That silly Nick Barlotta guy is still talked about like he "might be right" and to me they are obviously in a different class of reporting.  The asking about her in regard to the guy who made up the Souray thing is another example.

I don't even consider that Nick Barlotta guy a reporter.   Just an idiot trolling for followers by inventing stuff.    When I mean reporter, I mean, actual writer.   By the NHLsourcessay standards, everyone in this thread is a reporter.

I don't even consider that Nick Barlotta guy a reporter.   Just an idiot trolling for followers by inventing stuff.    When I mean reporter, I mean, actual writer.   By the NHLsourcessay standards, everyone in this thread is a reporter.

Isn't that what you said though when you compared her tweets to any of us posting on this message board?

I'm not even saying she's credible or believable when it comes to rumors.  I was trying to inform people how she was different than an anonymous nobody that posts out of nowhere and someone who uses their own name and has been writing on the team for years and has player access.

Isn't that what you said though when you compared her tweets to any of us posting on this message board?

I'm not even saying she's credible or believable when it comes to rumors.  I was trying to inform people how she was different than an anonymous nobody that posts out of nowhere and someone who uses their own name and has been writing on the team for years and has player access.

No, I'm saying the tweets are general and cryptic.   Anyone could say the same thing, it's not announced and it's not posted.    It's the "I'm a secret insider thing" that rubs me the wrong way.   "OH, THEY DIDN'T LIKE THAT KOVY WAS TALKING TO ME."

My guess is that he is signed and has been signed for the last couple of days, but until it's done, it's not done.

This message board discussed that same video in depth. :lol:

But, a writer talking about such things would be in very bad form.

No, I'm saying the tweets are general and cryptic.   Anyone could say the same thing, it's not announced and it's not posted.    It's the "I'm a secret insider thing" that rubs me the wrong way.   "OH, THEY DIDN'T LIKE THAT KOVY WAS TALKING TO ME."

My guess is that he is signed and has been signed for the last couple of days, but until it's done, it's not done.

But, a writer talking about such things would be in very bad form.

I'm still sticking with, she's a lot more credible then joefvckballsassmonkeydoesNHLrumorsontwitter...She may be creepy at times but she's right about 90% of the time with the stuff she posts. Also, she's probably a step below TG in actual access to the Devils inside information, if not on the same level. She doesn't claim to be "A secret insider" thing by any means.

I'm sorry I posted that tweet convo, but at least it's passed a couple hours of our time. It was never directed at the general public as "insider" knowledge. She might have heard ANYTHING imaginable pro/con regarding the situation. She follows Jagr intensively as I've seen in the past 3 years Jagr has come back to the league.

It really isn't "I'm a secret insider" when you're saying here is my real name, you can see my stuff, and I've been doing this for years.  When someone has a track record we can all decide on our own if we choose to believe them or not.

The "secret insiders" are the people who pop out of nowhere, have no evidence of any real connections to anyone of influence, but start instantly claiming large scoops that real hockey insiders can't get a hold of or permission to talk about. 

Using a fake name to protect "anonymity" is a sure sign of BS too.  What major sport has an anonymous insider that breaks stories? :lol:

It really isn't "I'm a secret insider" when you're saying here is my real name, you can see my stuff, and I've been doing this for years.  When someone has a track record we can all decide on our own if we choose to believe them or not.

The "secret insiders" are the people who pop out of nowhere, have no evidence of any real connections to anyone of influence, but start instantly claiming large scoops that real hockey insiders can't get a hold of or permission to talk about. 

Using a fake name to protect "anonymity" is a sure sign of BS too.  What major sport has an anonymous insider that breaks stories? :lol:

If you're irrelevant and overt, you can still play the "secret insider" card.    That's how the whole "THEY DON'T LIKE ME TALKING TO KOVY" thing comes across, when most likely, no one in management even knows who she is, unless she's been waiting in the parking lot with gifts for him.

If you're irrelevant and overt, you can still play the "secret insider" card.    That's how the whole "THEY DON'T LIKE ME TALKING TO KOVY" thing comes across, when most likely, no one in management even knows who she is, unless she's been waiting in the parking lot with gifts for him.

Where do you get that "no one in management" know's who she is? She's an NHL journalist, of course they know who she is. You pick one thing out of that article and are trying to use it to prove she makes sh!t up. Go back and read everything she has posted for the last three years then continue with your argument from there.

Where do you get that "no one in management" know's who she is? She's an NHL journalist, of course they know who she is. You pick one thing out of that article and are trying to use it to prove she makes sh!t up. Go back and read everything she has posted for the last three years then continue with your argument from there.

When did I say that, I said she pumps up her importance.   Which increases her "credibility".

What credible writer puts this sh!t out on their twitter.

Michelle Kenneth ‏@MichelleKenneth

I am so furious at JJ right now...please...no, please...sign somewhere else. Let us hear who you're really signing with.

And no, I doubt management knows who she is. The gameday staff does. You think Lou knows or gives two that Kovy was "talking" to an internet reporter? She's a writer at a site where half the articles don't even have a single comment on them.

2 cents time.

I just read her Kovy retirement article. The entire thing stinks of her justifying her special relationship with Kovy.

It's not very factual, uses general references, and reads like a fictional story.

one of the comments describes it perfectly. needed more facts, could of been written shorter, and really was a waste of a read.

i still refuse to take any rumor or otherwise seriously until it either comes from TG, the Devils, or Bob McKenzie, and they're not repeating other bull**** rumors.

Edited by newjerseydamo

When did I say that, I said she pumps up her importance.   Which increases her "credibility".

What credible writer puts this sh!t out on their twitter.

And no, I doubt management knows who she is. The gameday staff does. You think Lou knows or gives two that Kovy was "talking" to an internet reporter? She's a writer at a site where half the articles don't even have a single comment on them.

This comment you quote...

Michelle Kenneth ‏@MichelleKenneth

I am so furious at JJ right now...please...no, please...sign somewhere else. Let us hear who you're really signing with.

Comes from A) whatever it is she may have "Heard" and B) The fact that since these rumors started weeks ago she's been saying she doesn't want Jagr signing with the Devils as a "FAN OF HIS" nothing to do with journalism or reporting for the Devils themselves. You would know this if you would do what I said and go back a few years. She is very candid on twitter which I respect. Just because she speaks her mind on her own account makes her less credible? It's her twitter account...you're supposed to be able to speak your mind on twitter without people accusing you of being less of a person or less of who you are professionally. Her twitter account isn't "MichelleKennethProfessionalWriterForBlahBlahBlah" Its her PERSONAL account. Just sayin'

You think Lou doesn't know who TG is then either huh?

This comment you quote...

Comes from A) whatever it is she may have "Heard" and B) The fact that since these rumors started weeks ago she's been saying she doesn't want Jagr signing with the Devils as a "FAN OF HIS" nothing to do with journalism or reporting for the Devils themselves. You would know this if you would do what I said and go back a few years. She is very candid on twitter which I respect. Just because she speaks her mind on her own account makes her less credible? It's her twitter account...you're supposed to be able to speak your mind on twitter without people accusing you of being less of a person or less of who you are professionally. Her twitter account isn't "MichelleKennethProfessionalWriterForBlahBlahBlah" Its her PERSONAL account. Just sayin'

You think Lou doesn't know who TG is then either huh?

TG is a PROFESSIONAL writer assigned to the team by a PROFESSIONAL news organization.   Not an internet blogger.    That's the crux of this.   The lines get blurred too much.   No one is saying you can't take her 100% seriously, but you shouldn't be surprised when other people don't.    Is the fat guy from the Poitin Still a member of the media now because he has a youtube video?

TG is a PROFESSIONAL writer assigned to the team by a PROFESSIONAL news organization.   Not an internet blogger.    That's the crux of this.   The lines get blurred too much.   No one is saying you can't take her 100% seriously, but you shouldn't be surprised when other people don't.    Is the fat guy from the Poitin Still a member of the media now because he has a youtube video?

Who is saying you need to take her 100% seriously?  But it seems to point out she actually has press credentials and player access, which is true, somehow needs to be rebutted because she's creepy.

Who is saying you need to take her 100% seriously?  But it seems to point out she actually has press credentials and player access, which is true, somehow needs to be rebutted because she's creepy.

If she has player access and is getting on the record quotes, does she have attributed quotes?   Because the Kovy story was sort of a cross between a fanfic love letter and inaccurate info about the Sochi Olympic negotiations between the NHL and the IIHF and the status of the buildings on the Olympic site, when they have already had a tournament at the Ice Hockey venue MONTHS ago

If she has player access and is getting on the record quotes, does she have attributed quotes?   Because the Kovy story was sort of a cross between a fanfic love letter and inaccurate info about the Sochi Olympic negotiations between the NHL and the IIHF and the status of the buildings on the Olympic site, when they have already had a tournament at the Ice Hockey venue MONTHS ago

She was also posting something that she had writing up a long time ago, at least that's the way I read it. I'll have to reread the article, I may be mistaken.

Ya, I've seen quotes she's gotten on twitter after press scrums that others then RT'ed.  I don't follow her on twitter because I don't consider her worth following or interesting.

I feel pretty good about this happening since Pierre LeBrun reported it and said nothing would be official until tomorrow. Lou denying/deflecting it seems normal.

Agreed, which also means he's trying to work on other things. No other reason they would delay the official announcement.

Agreed, which also means he's trying to work on other things. No other reason they would delay the official announcement.

Yup I'm pretty excited for tomorrow in part because of Jagr and in part because I'm hoping for another surprise