Olesz on unconditional waivers

Triumph

man that is fvcked, hes part of our depth so when lil gio or baby teddy or glass jaw jj go down.

edit; or clowe or grandpa jagr, no jinx

reedit "Oh&Eliaz" get it spaz

healthy body, sick mind.

basically everyones been injured this season minus jazz line and marty and jj and this guy cant get a role?

Edited by lazer

man that is fvcked, hes part of our depth so when lil gio or baby teddy or glass jaw jj go down.

edit; or clowe or grandpa jagr, no jinx

reedit "Oh&Eliaz" get it spaz

healthy body, sick mind.

basically everyones been injured this season minus jazz line and marty and jj and this guy cant get a role?

I've read this post 3 times and still have no idea what it means.

On topic: olesz didn't want to go back to being buried in the ahl. Unfortunate because he probably would have been the first call up when the inevitable injury happens. But I'm not too disappointed- he had plenty of opportunity and even a few games in a top 6 role and really didn't do much.

• Like 1

My guess is that there may have been a mutual understanding that if he couldn't help the NHL team, they would cut ties.

The Devils don't want to pay him 6 times what they're paying most of their AHL guys.  Plus Reid Boucher and Joe Whitney have been pretty good and might merit a call-up also.

I've read this post 3 times and still have no idea what it means.

On topic: olesz didn't want to go back to being buried in the ahl. Unfortunate because he probably would have been the first call up when the inevitable injury happens. But I'm not too disappointed- he had plenty of opportunity and even a few games in a top 6 role and really didn't do much.

you cant understand me yet you basically interpret what i just said ok

minus the canned "he didnt do much" response right

and we speculate he wanted out yeeeeeeeah.

inevitable injury...too bad he couldnt make the IR roster.

Edited by lazer

Yeah, but he can't quit.  Well, he can, but the Devils would suspend him and could toll the contract indefinitely, meaning he couldn't play in North America again.

It's a nod and wink thing.   "If you can find another job, let us know."   He finds the job and they release him.   Win/win.   He doesn't have to ride the bus and they don't have to pay him to do it.

I'm pretty bummed about this. I really wanted him to succeed here. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought he showed some promise when he was given some top 6 time. I wonder where he'd be now if he were given the full-time 4th line position he probably deserved. It was a pretty pointless signing if he was never going to be given much of a chance.

My thinking is locker room cancer or he requested the split from the Devils. In the AHL he had 1G, 3A in 5GP. Good enough for the AHL atleast. PDB may have gotten to him?

He's always been good enough for the AHL, at least the last two years.  He's what you would call in baseball terms an AAAA player, not good enough to stick in the bigs but too good for the minors.  He might as well go overseas though I can't imagine playing in Switzerland is that much more luxurious than the minor leagues in North America.