Doc Emrick joins NBC, has left MSG.

ZeroGravityFat

The guy I would want is employed, unfortunately. Actually, both of them are (Now that Doc is out, I hope Chico is too. Chico was tolerable mostly because of Doc's presence). I want both Ralph Strangis and Daryl Reigh from Dallas. Best team out there imo, but alas, not gonna happen.

Not sure I want Chico to go, but I would like Razor Reigh. He's been great on Puck Daddy Radio.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got sad when I realized that if Marty does retire this year, it won't be Doc calling his last game... :(

Yeah it will -- he'll be calling the Finals.

LOVED the Weekes idea. Smart and a brilliant entertainer -- he entertains by BEING entertained by the game and players, you know? But he's so discreet while giving the impression he's just chatting away. Dano is about as discreet as a porto-john.

Edited by Pepperkorn

I loved Mike Miller's radio calls (and its ONE... NOTHING....... NEW JERSEY!!!!). I think he left in 2002 because of throat cancer and then went on to work in the front offices of an ECHL team. However, I believe he is back doing radio in the Canadian Junior ranks. I wonder if he could be a candidate for the job. At the very least, maybe they make Cangi the full time play by play guy for the Devils, bring Matt back to do the pre, post, and between period shows, and give the radio job back to Mike Miller.

I also wonder who gets to make the final call on these decisions. Is it Lou or the execs at MSG since whoever they pick is an employee of MSG, not the Devils.

Speechless....I'm old enough to remeber the first time he left. Sucked then, sucks now.

I understand the reason but watching will not be the same. The Devs should honor him this year, he more than deserves it.

You can put me in the thumbs down catagory for Cangi.

I just hope whoever replaces DOC can "warm to the task" of calling Devils games.

Good Luck and Happy life DOC. You will be missed but never forgotten.

:(