NHL 13 GM Connected League

njd3b1ink

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could do sunday at noon if u like

I'd prefer that. How many people are without power still that you could determine?

I play during the week too... but I don't get home until 8/830... so my window is kinda tight to play someone. I did play Washington last night. I think he was without power this week.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally caved and bought this game used from Gamestop, and I've gotta say, this is, FAR AND AWAY, the worst NHL game I've ever played. I don't know how you guys are still playing this game months later.

- The passing is horrible. AI can't receive passes, and it seems passes go wherever they damn well please, despite where I'm aiming

- The hitting was VERY impressive in NHL 12. They've taken a HUGE step back with the hits in this game. Players flopping every which way after receiving only the slightest bump, and the AI strength seems to be way above mine (even on freakin pro difficulty). There's just no logic to it, and it makes controlling the puck damn near impossible.

- My goalie sucks, the other team's goalie is superman, regardless of difficulty. I've seen too many unrealistic flops / dives in a few games already. I'm talking physics- and human anatomy- defying saves. I've lost games outshooting opponents 40+ - 10 (no exaggeration). And these were not garbage shots.

- Tons of glitches. I've had point shots mysteriously just stop on their way to the net (they just float in the slot), I've had sticks go through skates, players skate through the boards, goalies fly through the net..it's embarrassing how unpolished this game is.

And.. drum roll please.....

THE SKATING SYSTEM IS GARBAGE. All but the fastest of the fastest feel sluggish and unresponsive. I just don't see the allure of this new system. Sure, it looks pretty, but, in combination with the other factors I mentioned above, it just makes for an absolutely frustrating playing experience.

Forget this game. I'm going back to NHL 12, and won't be buying any EA NHL games in the future. So now I get to go back to Gamestop and try and return this POS (which, apparently, tons of others have done).

/rant

- This is all from offline play, by the way. I've never been a fan of online play in the NHL games, I get my fun playing other games online with friends.

Edited by Devilsfan118

So I finally caved and bought this game used from Gamestop, and I've gotta say, this is, FAR AND AWAY, the worst NHL game I've ever played. I don't know how you guys are still playing this game months later.

- The passing is horrible. AI can't receive passes, and it seems passes go wherever they damn well please, despite where I'm aiming

- The hitting was VERY impressive in NHL 12. They've taken a HUGE step back with the hits in this game. Players flopping every which way after receiving only the slightest bump, and the AI strength seems to be way above mine (even on freakin pro difficulty). There's just no logic to it, and it makes controlling the puck damn near impossible.

- My goalie sucks, the other team's goalie is superman, regardless of difficulty. I've seen too many unrealistic flops / dives in a few games already. I'm talking physics- and human anatomy- defying saves. I've lost games outshooting opponents 40+ - 10 (no exaggeration). And these were not garbage shots.

- Tons of glitches. I've had point shots mysteriously just stop on their way to the net (they just float in the slot), I've had sticks go through skates, players skate through the boards, goalies fly through the net..it's embarrassing how unpolished this game is.

And.. drum roll please.....

THE SKATING SYSTEM IS GARBAGE. All but the fastest of the fastest feel sluggish and unresponsive. I just don't see the allure of this new system. Sure, it looks pretty, but, in combination with the other factors I mentioned above, it just makes for an absolutely frustrating playing experience.

Forget this game. I'm going back to NHL 12, and won't be buying any EA NHL games in the future. So now I get to go back to Gamestop and try and return this POS (which, apparently, tons of others have done).

/rant

- This is all from offline play, by the way. I've never been a fan of online play in the NHL games, I get my fun playing other games online with friends.

I think it must be preference. I actually thought 12 was the worst one in years. Ive never encountered more glitches in a sports game than i did in 12. I will definitely agree with you on the hitting. It is clunky no doubt about it. But i suspect that will be improved come nhl 14. As for the skating i think its the best feature in the game, and for the franchise. When i first got it i felt the same way that players either feel like superstars or scrubs, but after playing it for a while its definitely not true. every player plays differently, where as before i felt like every player was exactly the same just some could snipe and others couldnt.

Edited by njd3b1ink

Hey njd, and everyone else... that time that I warned of a couple months ago has come... almost time to go back on deployment again. For the sake of you guys not having to always sim against me, I guess I'd better give up the team. I appreciated the opportunity to play with you guys, and hopefully I helped Minnesota turn it around a little bit... haha. Hope the playoffs goes well for everyone!!

Also, I posted a lot on the league board but i'll repost on here for anyone who didnt see my posts. There are including this week 3 weeks left in the season. I think most teams after this week will have about 10-12 games left. Teams are starting to clinch playoffs spots, so i would definitely recommend any bubble teams to get their games in. That way you are less luckily to get injuries and at least if you lose a game it isnt cause the cpu simmed it. Also I'm 90% sure that once the season ends and the playoffs start there should be a new option in the menu that becomes available. It's called something like "Scouting List" or "Scouting Priority." It is basically for when the playoffs end and the draft comes up. Everyone has the option to customize their list of prospects. From my understanding, you can look up the players that will be on the draft and put them in your list. The higher up on the list means the more you want that player. So basically you are ranking how much you want them. When the playoffs end the game does an auto draft, and it goes through everyones list when it's their pick and it drafts for you the highest player remaining on your list. So its pretty important that everyone does this if you want to get good prospects. Finally, I am hoping that when the playoffs start we can get through them quickly so the players that do not make it are not waiting around for weeks. Im hoping that everyone can get their rounds done within 3 days or so. I wont sim but If you get into the playoffs please be proactive in setting up the games for your series.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Smantaz, "NoSanity" who is LA wants to play in the playoffs in place of a CPU even though he didnt make it. I told him because he was so active (he played 6 games almost every week) that I could possibly make an exception. The deal would be that once he gets eliminated he would switch back to LA. Personally, I think since he didnt make it maybe he shouldnt play, but I also get that the CPUs were ridiculously hard this season. So basically, Im leaving it up to the GM's that would have to play a cpu in the first round. I know Nashville would rather play the cpu so I won't make him play LA. But, if you would rather play NoSanity instead of a cpu then let me know and i will let him switch to whatever team you would be playing in the first round. If you don't want to play him then that is fine, you earned a top so it's up to you. Just send me a message back either on here or on xbox and let me know sooner rather than later. Thanks

Hey Smantaz, "NoSanity" who is LA wants to play in the playoffs in place of a CPU even though he didnt make it. I told him because he was so active (he played 6 games almost every week) that I could possibly make an exception. The deal would be that once he gets eliminated he would switch back to LA. Personally, I think since he didnt make it maybe he shouldnt play, but I also get that the CPUs were ridiculously hard this season. So basically, Im leaving it up to the GM's that would have to play a cpu in the first round. I know Nashville would rather play the cpu so I won't make him play LA. But, if you would rather play NoSanity instead of a cpu then let me know and i will let him switch to whatever team you would be playing in the first round. If you don't want to play him then that is fine, you earned a top so it's up to you. Just send me a message back either on here or on xbox and let me know sooner rather than later. Thanks

I'll play him. He was pretty active, and I didnt lose one head to head :whistling: