All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

Haha, yea I'm still waiting for the COA, letter came with the jersey saying they would forward it to me when they get it...

Once I get the money to buy another jersey, I definitely will, it's a great experience, very exciting.

I'm going to try and photo match this, even though I have the dates.

Any tips?

Really? Eh well it is no big deal lol it's just a piece of paper.

Yeah, it can take a while because your LOA will be individually addressed to you and signed by Lou Lamoriello.

Haha, yea I'm still waiting for the COA, letter came with the jersey saying they would forward it to me when they get it...

Once I get the money to buy another jersey, I definitely will, it's a great experience, very exciting.

I'm going to try and photo match this, even though I have the dates.

Any tips?

Post some pictures of the jersey when you get a chance (with a focus on any marks/holes/wear/repairs) and I'll help you look for a match!

Yeah, it can take a while because your LOA will be individually addressed to you and signed by Lou Lamoriello.

Post some pictures of the jersey when you get a chance (with a focus on any marks/holes/wear/repairs) and I'll help you look for a match!

Alright I'll take them soon and post them.

Here is the link to the album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/108512498083179098613/CarterJersey?authkey=Gv1sRgCLDpqvbsh4byugE

There weren't a lot of repairs on the jersey that I could see, but there were many black marks that I tried to take good pics of.

The Devils Red Set 2 jerseys were worn from January 17-March 27 2012...

Thanks, I'll see if I can dig anything up after work today.

Congrats on the jersey!

Thanks, I'll see if I can dig anything up after work today.

Congrats on the jersey!

Cool, I appreciate it!

Thanks, always wanted a game-worn, price wasn't right until now haha.

Also, what do you search to get images to look at to photo match? I might want to try myself too.

Edited by NJDEVS1730

Cool, I appreciate it!

Also, what do you search to get images to look at to photo match? I might want to try myself too.

GettyImages.com, APImages.com, USPresswire.com, Daylife.com, and Flickr.com are usually the sites I check.

Getty and AP are the best, but unless you have access to high resolution images it's extremely hard to find a match because the photos are small and watermarked. Unfortunately, I don't have access, but it's a good starting point, especially if there is a very large or noticeable mark.

Daylife.com is a good resource in lieu of Getty and AP because Daylife hosts Getty and AP photos. Use their news and image search here: http://news.daylife.com/

If you find a photo you want to see bigger, right click the photo and copy the image location.

You should get a URL that looks like this: http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04jG2nA7QlacU/610x.jpg

Then, change the "610" before the x.jpg to a "1000"

That usually enlarges the picture and makes it easier to find a potential match.

Flickr is a last resort, because they aren't professional photos and are usually just mediocre-quality images uploaded by fans.

Also, try this site: http://www.officepools.com/site/news

They post some high-res AP photos after each game. Click the photos for full size.

hey i'm new to forum so can't start new topics and no where really to post it so sorry but I was just wondering if anyone else things this is suspicious: http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=188886531&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=189233241 because i know that he normally marks each one with initials of which team they played so just wondering about other peoples opinions.

hey i'm new to forum so can't start new topics and no where really to post it so sorry but I was just wondering if anyone else things this is suspicious: http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=188886531&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=189233241 because i know that he normally marks each one with initials of which team they played so just wondering about other peoples opinions.

Yeah, it's definitely not a game used stick. Those NHL auctions are notorious for misrepresenting (not intentionally) practice and warmup sticks as game used sticks. They don't know any better.

Cool, I appreciate it!

Here are two nice photos of Carter in your jersey:

http://d36tylzqkflm47.cloudfront.net//media/news/52b2be56e6334d5da3e802051af12294-8a48f80cdac944f99bca4b4984a90b94-2.jpg

http://d36tylzqkflm47.cloudfront.net//media/news/52b2be56e6334d5da3e802051af12294-8a48f80cdac944f99bca4b4984a90b94-6.jpg

Not matches, but nice references.

Haha cool, yea I was looking at getty, and the watermark is really annoying, right on top of the sleeve, where the marks are haha.

I was looking at March 6th and 8th...

• 2 weeks later...

So just wanted to follow up with my post from a few weeks ago. Just got in my air knit jersey that I sent to Exclusive Pro for customization. From having a blank jersey for the last few years I am very excited to have Brodeur's name and number on the jersey :evil:.

Their work is excellent - the stitching is near perfect and looks extremely professional. I'll upload some pics tonight when I get home.

I recommend their work to anyone looking to customize their jersey!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update you guys....

My LOA came today, and I was reading it over, and there is a typo in it, if I notify them will they send me a new LOA??

The typo is:

"The jersey was registered into the MeiGrade system."

Instead of:

"The jersey was registered into the MeiGray system."

Just wanted to update you guys....

My LOA came today, and I was reading it over, and there is a typo in it, if I notify them will they send me a new LOA??

The typo is:

"The jersey was registered into the MeiGrade system."

Instead of:

"The jersey was registered into the MeiGray system."

I got mine today too for my brooks Lowell devils jersey. That is not a typo. It is the name they use for their registration system. You call a toll free number on their website, give them the serial number and they can verify its authenticity that way. This helps both buyers and sellers when they want to buy, sell or trade the jersey

Edited by DevsMan84

I got mine today too for my brooks Lowell devils jersey. That is not a typo. It is the name they use for their registration system. You call a toll free number on their website, give them the serial number and they can verify its authenticity that way. This helps both buyers and sellers when they want to buy, sell or trade the jersey

Oh! haha thanks, I never knew that. I like how Lou hand-signed it!

• 1 month later...

Maybe I didn't search enough but I didn't find anything on this site about it.

I was looking at these sites cheapjerseys.us and borntradejerseys.net.

They wholesale jerseys out of China. Jerseys are like 30 something bucks for a customized jersey w/ tiedown. Does anyone have experience ordering these? Are they legit ... enough ...

I was thinking about a throwback Oilers or North Stars Jersey maybe.

They wholesale jerseys out of China. Jerseys are like 30 something bucks for a customized jersey w/ tiedown. Does anyone have experience ordering these? Are they legit ... enough ...

These are sweatshop (counterfeit) jerseys and what you see may not even be what you get. The jerseys they have pictured on the website already look pretty brutal but many times you will receive a jersey that doesn't even match up to that quality either.

I have one sweatshop jersey in my entire collection and it has so-so stitch job, the wrong shade of red for the whole thing (has a sort of light purple-ish hue to it) and the fight strap is sewn on terribly. It is great to wear when you are out someplace that has a really high chance of possibly getting it stained (noisy bar) but it still honestly looks terrible compared to my replicas and authentics.

Lamoriello actually signs the MeiGray LOAs...it is his real signature, not autopen.

And DO NOT order a $30 Chinese knockoff, they look awful in person.

Those MeiGray LOA's certainly fooled me because I have a few and the signature looks exactly the same on all of them and there are no impression marks left from the pen.

Autopen or not the LOA's are still cool with the whole Devils letterhead and watermarked paper they use.

Where is the best place I can take my jersey, in person, and have Parise's name and number removed/replaced?

Honestly no place around here I would take in person. I've heard various things about stitches so i can't say that's a trusted source. I've seen lettering from them with the wrong font as well as the size of the letters and numbers.

I would just go with exclusive pro. They do the actual devils jerseys and while you have to ship them and wait a couple months they at least do it right. Just got a jersey back from them yesterday that I mailed back in early August and it is completely worth the wait.

I've had all different kind of experiences, with all different kinds of those sites. My friend got a beautifully done up retro Kovalchuk that is definitely as good as any jersey I've seen. On the other hand, I've bought a Marty retro once and it is just green in place of where it should be black. No extra arm sleeves stripes.

It's about a 50/50 bet but at the cost, I think it's worth the risk.

I've had all different kind of experiences, with all different kinds of those sites. My friend got a beautifully done up retro Kovalchuk that is definitely as good as any jersey I've seen. On the other hand, I've bought a Marty retro once and it is just green in place of where it should be black. No extra arm sleeves stripes.

It's about a 50/50 bet but at the cost, I think it's worth the risk.

I have never seen a "good" knockoff jersey. They're just awful...you get what you pay for.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.