GDT: Leafs @ Devils 7 PM

Marshall

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they should revoke the C from the captain and play a few games without it. I know that Jamie will bitch about it and say it was JL's idea but I really think right now no one deserves it.

The person who plays the hardest and tries verbally to get the team pumped gets the C for the next game and so on.

They should try anything to get the blood flowing.

Why do we always need a scapegoat?

What one player on this team has had a good or even passible season?

Rod Pelley?

also

We don't need one scapegoat the entire team for the most part stinks but Marty can't be held above this because the defense stinks and their isn't any scoring. Marty has been terrible as well.It's easier to single him out because he is in front of the goal and every GA is replayed.

IMO Elias is the best player on our team this season. Jacques agrees and said so tonight. Zajac has also played well.

IMO Elias is the best player on our team this season. Jacques agrees and said so tonight. Zajac has also played well.

1. Elias 2. Zajac 3. Arnott (goals wise)

->Elias goes into each game with a skip in his step like its his first game of the season which is nice to see. He is also leading the team with points.

->Zajac busts his ass and has, like usual, been winning the face offs. Lowest +/- out of the players that have played every game this season with -8.

->Arnott has just been putting the puck in as much as possible. its a shame to say it but hes our leading goal scorer right now. I feel that he would be putting these numbers up regardless of how the team is doing but the way things have been going, it just so happens to be the highest number on the team.

Hard to argue with this....

1. Elias 2. Zajac 3. Arnott (goals wise)

->Elias goes into each game with a skip in his step like its his first game of the season which is nice to see. He is also leading the team with points.

->Zajac busts his ass and has, like usual, been winning the face offs. Lowest +/- out of the players that have played every game this season with -8.

->Arnott has just been putting the puck in as much as possible. its a shame to say it but hes our leading goal scorer right now. I feel that he would be putting these numbers up regardless of how the team is doing but the way things have been going, it just so happens to be the highest number on the team.

took me 3 hours to get home..... definitely more snow and blizzard conditions further east. Rt. 78 was nearly impossible to pass through....was stopped on 78 near 24 by state police while a dump truck was clearing the exit for cars to get out, Brian Rolston was stopped next to us in his escalade.....Just took it easy and averaged 25 MPH all the way home... 4 wheel drive definitely helped! roads are very bad but they were better the further west we got!

Realized 2 very bad things a few moment ago...

1- were playing bad but its not as if were getting 50 shots against every game... Its pretty low.... But most of the goals are due to bad goaltending and ds not clearing players and puck out of the crease... So i know were not scoring a lot but marty is done...

2- while im all excited for a high pick... The lotery is run by the league... Behind close doors i think... Wouldnt be impossible to say that even if we finish dead last that somehow we get something like a 15th pick or something... Im serious...

Realized 2 very bad things a few moment ago...

1- were playing bad but its not as if were getting 50 shots against every game... Its pretty low.... But most of the goals are due to bad goaltending and ds not clearing players and puck out of the crease... So i know were not scoring a lot but marty is done...

A 38 year old goaltender isn't as good as he used to be? My god, who could've seen such a thing coming! Like it or not, we're going to play marty as the #1 for the rest of this year and likely next, so it looks like most people are just gonna have to get used to it (or, remain used to it I suppose).

I can't wait until we're playing some FA pickup, and still sucking. I'm sure people will find another scapegoat; it never fails.

2- while im all excited for a high pick... The lotery is run by the league... Behind close doors i think... Wouldnt be impossible to say that even if we finish dead last that somehow we get something like a 15th pick or something... Im serious...

I'm pretty sure the lottery only applies to the first couple picks. The worst we could possibly (and reasonably) end up with would the 3rd overall pick (assuming we finish absolutely dead last).

Edited by Devilsfan118

I'm pretty sure the lottery only applies to the first couple picks. The worst we could possibly (and reasonably) end up with would the 3rd overall pick (assuming we finish absolutely dead last).

All non-playoff teams are eligible to win the lottery, but no team can move up more than 4 spots. Only the teams with the 5 worst records can wind up with the first overall pick, and you can't move down more than one spot if you don't win. If the Devils have the worst record, they can only pick 1st or 2nd.

Lemaire on the PC said that to him it looks like they are playing together for the first time, and that they don't look like they'd be in good shape.

Well, maybe he's right with the second one. To me they look lost out there, no plan, no knowing what to do when they have the puck, forgotten all the basics of hockey...like they'd never played hockey before. Please start working on this...or else, the embarassement goes on and on. For one mistake we make (which is punished by the other teams, like we've seen yesterday with the pass in the slot....) comes the next one, and the spiral goes down.

A lot of work to do for Lemaire. I expect the changes for the Wednesday game. Or at least i'm hoping to see some.

Ron Wilson taking a shot at our fanbase:

The New York area was hit by a heavy snowstorm that held the announced crowd to 5,329. The actual turnout appeared in the range of 2,500 to 3,000, some of whom left early following the announcement that local bus service was about to be suspended because of the storm.

"I don't know how many fans come to their games anyway," Maple Leafs coach Ron Wilson said. "It doesn't matter. You shouldn't be hearing that stuff anyway. These games are tough for the road, to have to travel early in the morning. Our guys were professional and we were ready."

Ron Wilson taking a shot at our fanbase:

The New York area was hit by a heavy snowstorm that held the announced crowd to 5,329. The actual turnout appeared in the range of 2,500 to 3,000, some of whom left early following the announcement that local bus service was about to be suspended because of the storm.

"I don't know how many fans come to their games anyway," Maple Leafs coach Ron Wilson said. "It doesn't matter. You shouldn't be hearing that stuff anyway. These games are tough for the road, to have to travel early in the morning. Our guys were professional and we were ready."

I guess I would have to see the source, but I don't see this as a shot at the fanbase.

But then again some folks will see what they re inherently looking for.

Maybe its more apparent in the source?

I guess I would have to see the source, but I don't see this as a shot at the fanbase.

But then again some folks will see what they re inherently looking for.

Maybe its more apparent in the source?

Here's The Star's spin:

It was an odd night at the Prudential Center. The gathering likely wouldn’t have been huge given that this tilt was between two of the three worst teams in the NHL but the relentless snow meant only about 1,000 fans were on hand at the start. Though the official attendance was announced at 5,329, it appeared to peak at about half of that, with many of those on hand wearing Leafs jerseys.

“I don’t know how many fans actually come to their games anyway so it doesn’t matter,” Wilson joked.

Given the weather, Versteeg was impressed with how many fans actually made it into the building.

“It’s tough when the road conditions are like that to expect a lot of people to come,” he said. “Quite a few people did show up for the conditions that are outside. Sometimes it’s a matter of risk.”

Added Armstrong: “With what the roads were looking like I think you’d expect people would rather just stay home and watch this one on TV. It was a different feeling. But still it was amazing how many Leafs fans were here. It seems everywhere we go, we’ve got a good number of fans in the rink.”

As for the direct quote devlman posted, it looks like it came from the general, run-of-the-mill Associated Press story, which you can find just about anywhere. Like here.