Patriots using camera to steal signs?

NJDevs4978

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woww.....That really sucks.

That happenned also to the Packers back in 2006...(It could have happen to any team they played, also..)

WOW is the word.I though BB was one of the best Coachs since 2000...Now I'm less confident.

Makes you wonder why Golden Boy has all that time to throw the ball....

Edited by TravisZajac

So this wasn't the first time this has happened but there was no disciplinary action taken on the past action? Or was the past action ultimately found not to have any wrong doing? Is this just some paranoia or truth? I sure didn't see much difference in the game to be able to say when this guy was taken away and the Pats were stopped from "cheating"

Honestly I don't think the Pats needed to steal signals to beat the Jets, but I do think it helped them EMBARASS the Jets which is really the only thing that will satisfy his highness. Beliquit has an irrational hatred of the Jets that makes CRASHER's of Parcells (or Vinny) pale in comparison :P He wants to beat the Jets 40-0 every time. Hell he was running up the score late yesterday.

And to me it's below the belt to use a camera to steal signs anyway. Now things like bringing in a player recently cut by the other team as the Jets did with Reche Caldwell and the Pats did with Bobby Hamilton, that to me is gamesmanship and fair game.

Honestly I don't think the Pats needed to steal signals to beat the Jets, but I do think it helped them EMBARASS the Jets which is really the only thing that will satisfy his highness. Beliquit has an irrational hatred of the Jets that makes CRASHER's of Parcells (or Vinny) pale in comparison :P He wants to beat the Jets 40-0 every time. Hell he was running up the score late yesterday.

Jets did a nice job of embarrassing themselves.

Pats running up the score? Up 28-14, kicking that field goal really was excessive, wasn't it? And the touchdown with 2 minutes to go... you think Brady should have just taken a knee for four consecutive snaps and given the ball back? :rolleyes:

Having Brady throw a 30-yard pass up top to Moss up 17 with two and a half minutes to go I'd call running it up. He'd have had a lot to answer for if Moss had gotten injured or Brady had somehow twisted an ankle. Even Peyton Manning can't score that many points that quick.

Not to mention throwing a challenge flag to try to get a half-yard on the goalline - on FIRST DOWN no less - was excessive. What was the point of that exactly?

Edited by Hasan4978

You call it running up the score, I call it sealing the victory. Could the Pats have opted to act otherwise? Sure. But do you really expect the team to hold back when they could definitively put the game away? That's just silly.

And Manning's had his fair share of late-game point boosters.

The point of throwing the challenge flag - oh, I dunno, how about trying to get his hardworking do-whatever-is-asked-of-him fullback Heath Evans a TD? Who knows if he'll get another one this year. What if the Pats fumbled on the next snap and the Jets recovered? Your team has a chance to get a touchdown, you go for it - and they were in such a position.

Yeah, the Pats & Jets hate each other - but something tells me that, if the tables were turned and this happened by the Jets at Foxboro, you wouldn't be whistling the same tune.

Edited by insanity_gallops

There's already more than enough to kill Jets management on without inventing hypotheticals :P Starting with having no adequate replacement for Kendall (and by losing Kendall D-Brick's also become exposed as a bust in the making), continuing to try to shove a 3-4 defense down the throat of 4-3 players and also the silly Revis holdout over a sixth contract year that no other picks around him had to get.

And I killed Jet fans yesterday too for that disgusting display. I like ya but you're barking up the wrong tree accusing me of bias here. I do hate the Patriots probably more than even the Rangers or Yankees at this point (and pretty much solely because of Beliwhiner and Kraft), but I'd be coming down on any team doing this.

If the rule says they lose a draft pick and there's enough evidence to finger them then boo freaking hoo. From what I gather it's a rule that's always been on the books but only really started being enforced late last year.

BTW I know your esteemed coach has run it up on the Jets on at least one or two other occasions too.

Edited by Hasan4978

Show me reports of others teams doing it.

Show me test results showing Barry Bonds took steroids.

BTW - I was a third base coach for a team of 15 year old baseball players. I was usually able to figure out the opposition third base coach's signals by the fifth inning. Guess I'm scum. :)

Edited by Don

BTW - I was a third base coach for a team of 15 year old baseball players. I was usually able to figure out the opposition third base coach's signals by the fifth inning. Guess I'm scum. :)

Were you using a camera to do so? :P

This is verbatim, a post I made on another board:

[stealing signs is one thing, if you're careless and the other team can decipher your signals then tough noogies. But using cameras to do so is outright spying and against the written rules of the NFL (which granted haven't been enforced to this point).]

I can't , since there's no reports saying "Bonds took steroids, results=GOOD!"

SteveStevens wrote that:

"Every team dose "

Can we prove it?

no.

Can we prove it for the Pats?

Yes.

There maybe some others teams that may doing it, but we don't know.

The Pats are the only team SO FAR that we know they're doing this

Nice, apparently this is the FOURTH different time the Pats have either been accused of or caught using a camera to spy.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/footbal...ticleid=1030707

In one of the instances (the GB game) the only reason the Packers didn't report it was because they felt it was in bad taste considering they lost by such a wide margin, while the Bills only strongly suspected it. I don't know why Detroit didn't report it :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Having Brady throw a 30-yard pass up top to Moss up 17 with two and a half minutes to go I'd call running it up. He'd have had a lot to answer for if Moss had gotten injured or Brady had somehow twisted an ankle. Even Peyton Manning can't score that many points that quick.

Not to mention throwing a challenge flag to try to get a half-yard on the goalline - on FIRST DOWN no less - was excessive. What was the point of that exactly?

That's pretty bush league. The Jets should remember that when they face them again in December if they're still in it.

I think this cheating thing is pathetic. But you see it a lot with baseball where teams steal signs. Anything to gain an edge.

Doesn't make it right.

Doesn't make it right.

"Because there is no wrong, there is no right

And I sleep very well at night

No shame, no solution

No remorse, no retribution

Just people selling t-shirts

just opportunity to participate in this pathetic little circus

And winning, winning, winning" - Don Henley, Garden of Allah, Actual Miles

Were you using a camera to do so? :P

This is verbatim, a post I made on another board:

[stealing signs is one thing, if you're careless and the other team can decipher your signals then tough noogies. But using cameras to do so is outright spying and against the written rules of the NFL (which granted haven't been enforced to this point).]