Elias & Stanley Cup Puck

grcenter47

The sudden sadness that came from rewatching the final seconds tick away definitely wasn't worth seeing if Elias took the puck.

My sadness just built up as watched 1 goal, 2 goals, 3 goals scored in a 5 minute 5 on 4... the rest of the game I was just shellshocked... breaking the shutout wasn't any condolence. And with 10mins left... I just wanted the final horn to blow... and I think they did too.

My sadness just built up as watched 1 goal, 2 goals, 3 goals scored in a 5 minute 5 on 4... the rest of the game I was just shellshocked... breaking the shutout wasn't any condolence. And with 10mins left... I just wanted the final horn to blow... and I think they did too.

I lost all of my sadness/anger when the linesman took down Volchenkov before the 4th goal. I knew right there it was not meant to be and it just became comical. It became even more comical when the refs gave Carter and Clarkson 10 minute misconducts after roughing minors. The game itself was a joke, the refs treated it like an unimportant regular season game. How can you hand out misconduct penalties just in order to control the game, it's the Stanley Cup! I had more appreciation for this team after it was all over.

Edited by Zubie#8
  • Like 3

I lost all of my sadness/anger when the linesman took down Volchenkov before the 4th goal. I knew right there it was not meant to be and it just became comical. It became even more comical when the refs gave Carter and Clarkson 10 minute misconducts after roughing minors. The game itself was a joke, the refs treated it like an unimportant regular season game. How can you hand out misconduct penalties just in order to control the game, it's the Stanley Cup! I had more appreciation for this team after it was all over.

That's a good way of putting it. Even down by 4 goals with 3 players getting misconducts of different types, they were still fighting. It was nice to see, and I hope it signaled the end of the days of this team rolling over in the first round.

Yeah after the first two goals I pretty much got the feeling that it wasn't going to happen, still we lost and it sucks, I just hope the aggressive offense caries over into the regular season to some extent