GDT: Preseason Game 2: Isles @ Devs

ZeroGravityFat

I'll be there! Can't wait.. I hope they give out more free tickets. The atmosphere at Monday's game was pretty damn good and there were a lot more people than I expected. Hope that wasn't just the "Rangers effect", but that they give away enough tickets tonight as well to make the atmosphere lively..

I'll be there! Can't wait.. I hope they give out more free tickets. The atmosphere at Monday's game was pretty damn good and there were a lot more people than I expected. Hope that wasn't just the "Rangers effect", but that they give away enough tickets tonight as well to make the atmosphere lively..

Devils gave out free tickets? Or are you talking about the vouchers they give to season ticket holders?

Devils gave out free tickets? Or are you talking about the vouchers they give to season ticket holders?

Whoops, I meant vouchers. But yeah, I'd imagine they're giving a ton of freebies too, considering the new management in place. The crowd looked pretty decent for a preseason and I'm sure it helped the players on the ice pretend it was a real game (and it showed in the intensity of play). I'm a STH, but I don't mind if they give out the arena's worth of free tickets to try and entice some new plan holders for the coming season, while making the atmosphere worthwhile to go to.

Damn, Josefson is paired with Boucher again and someone else who won't be playing many nights. Hopefully that doesn't mean there's no spot for him this year. He played pretty well in the other preseason game.

I think it's more that they think JJ will be able to help Boucher. I think that pairing is more about seeing what Boucher has to offer in situations.

Damn, Josefson is paired with Boucher again and someone else who won't be playing many nights. Hopefully that doesn't mean there's no spot for him this year. He played pretty well in the other preseason game.

I hate to say it, but I think no matter how well Josefson plays this preseason, or how much better he is than Gionta, he will go down while Gionta stays up. I think you could say Gionta is PDB's boy at this point.