JP Parise should really shut up

SterioDesign

I can't believe that guy... seriously... Zach warned him last time not to say anything and he had to apologize for his comments... and now he's going and saying that Zach would be the right fit on the RANGERS??? NOW !?!?!

pretty obvious that he want Zach out of NJ if you ask me, i dont like it

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/18/parises-dad-says-son-would-fit-right-in-with-rangers/

means nothing.

the rangers will offer parise a lot of money. so will detroit. so will minny. and so will the devils. if the devils are close to the other offers, he stays. end of story.

jp parise is not making that decision.

Edited by sundstrom
  • Like 1

means nothing.

the rangers will offer parise a lot of money. so will detroit. so will minny. and so will the devils. if the devils are close to the other offers, he stays. end of story.

+1

As long as the Devils offer is close, Zach will be in red and black for a long time. We have now shown we are a legitimate contender no matter how this playoff run ends. He is the captain here and I am sure is treated well. I think ZP will be wearing the Devils C for years to come...

means nothing.

Boston and Carolina are also in the mix with the money. This is a father putting pressure on the Devils on behalf of his son.

MONEY MONEY MONEY

Good for Dad

Boston and Carolina are also in the mix with the money. This is a father putting pressure on the Devils on behalf of his son.

MONEY MONEY MONEY

Good for Dad

i should have included boston. frankly, i don't think carolina is at all in the running unless they're going to give him $100MM and blow everyone out of the water by $20MM.

means nothing.

it's pretty much the same thing as the elias situation, except with a meddling, spotlight-loving father who doesn't know the words 'no comment'.

its not as much what h'e saying but when... why would you go and say that when both teams are fighting each other?

plus i dont think Zach would like to play in the Rangers system, he had lots of talks with NJ coaches about a more offensive approach with dmen pinching and all... in NY they just sit back and get hit all game long waiting for an opportunity... cant be fun

MONEY MONEY MONEY

Good for Dad

I really do get that feeling that this is the father's way of posturing to get as many suitors involved as possible to drive up the price. However, it's absolutely the wrong time to say these things as now Zach will have to field questions about his father's stupid comments for the rest of this series. Plus, Zach has agents that know what they are doing, and is likely to have numerous teams with open checkbooks interested in signing him (including Detroit - I can't see how the Rangers fit him in their salary structure going forward). He's doesn't need his dad to do his bidding here.

i dont get the Detroit thing... he'd be a good fit "now" but in the long run (eventhough i know they are a very well run franchise and could turn it around) its an aging team with not a lot of top end youngsters... if the young goalies in NJ can develop well we have a bright future ahead of us better than Detroit im pretty sure

Minny has a bright future ahead with bunch of good youngsters coming but who knows? they never proved anything at NHL level, its a big gamble to leave a winning team going to a team with "potential who never proved anything"... just because its a team from your hometown too. the hometown thing is pretty dumb if you ask me, not as if its still the north stars.

JP Parise is better know as a Ranger Killer. Why isn't he just pitching for Zach on Long Island?

Well one, the Isles are a wasteland and probably don't have real money to offer him anyway. But maybe this is like LD said, a total PR move to put pressure on the Devils.

the hometown thing is pretty dumb if you ask me

I don't understand this statement. Family and friends means a lot to some people. I have no idea how ambition, wealth and family ranks on Parises priority list, but I am pretty sure they are all up there.

I honestly think there's a Devils Fan Harrassment Squad that is ready at all times to piss in our Cheerios when things are going well. Everyone is in on it, and everyone is a part of it. Devils get momentum in a game? Bogus penalty call. Devils beat Rangers to even ECF? Captain's dad talks about Captain playing for the Rangers. Finally get good, loud, sell-out crowds with something to cheer for at the Rock? Our 30-year beat writer will go on national radio and lie, telling everyone that the Rock is 3/4 Rangers fans when we play them, when we all know it isn't. It's unreal.

Edited by MadDog2020