Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1101 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

So who thinks this is the last time they cancel games this lockout?

#1102 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

This lockout has become a disaster of Biblical proportions. We're talking Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from their graves! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, Devils fans saying nice things about Henrik Lundqvist ... MASS HYSTERIA!!!

:headless chicken:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#1103 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

This lockout has become a disaster of Biblical proportions. We're talking Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from their graves! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, Devils fans saying nice things about Henrik Lundqvist ... MASS HYSTERIA!!!

Agreed. One time I turned into a dog, and he helped me. Thank you.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1104 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,374 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

I can't see them losing a full season with such small differences. This lockout is costing the NHL and NHLPA hundreds of millions in future revenue.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#1105 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

you're greatly underestimating this thing!!!!!!!!

#1106 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

But if I'm right, and we CAN stop this thing.... Gary... you would have saved the sanity of millions of paying hockey fans.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1107 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

NO NO NO PLEASE NO DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER ahhhhhhhh
Anything but that!
Dogs rule cats drool!
Please take it back... I can't go on, knowing this!

#1108 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

i "think" that the latest proposal we're really closed to be accepted but both side gave a little extra push to get a little bit more (greedy fvckers) so they backed off... i think the next one will be accepted.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1109 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

http://www.detroitne...0440/1128/rss16

This latest round of cancellations pretty much guarantees at best a 48-game season with a full postseason schedule, similar to the 1995 season, which was impacted by a lockout.

"When it gets to the point where we can't play a season with integrity, then we'll be done," Bettman said last week. "If you go back in history, in 1994-95, I think we played 48 games. I can't imagine wanting to play fewer than that."

In the midst of the 2004-05 lockout, Bettman canceled the entire season Feb. 16.

"Let's hope for (a) Jan. 1 (start)," Red Wings forward Danny Cleary said. "It's starting to wear now. It's getting so groundhog-ish. Skating every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

"If nothing is going on by Jan. 15, that would be for me an end-all. It has to be. I know they canceled Feb. 16 last time, but it's not fathomable to have a season at that point. You can't have a 35-game season."

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1110 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

One more round of negotiations will be enough.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#1111 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

That seems completely reasonable and logical - which is exactly why I am worried it will get screwed up.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1112 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

The NHLPA isn't going to back down...so lets hope the NHL doesn't fvck this up. Meetings will resume this week. I think a New Years Eve game sounds great!

1dun.jpg

#1113 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

If it's behind an iron curtain, maybe. The only time they've made semi-tangible progress is on days when things weren't being leaked for PR spin.

They can start on New Year's Eve if they want, but the NHL really should have gotten this done already, they've destroyed a lot of the market they'd get from holiday shopping by not having games before Christmas. Then again they've already punted the Winter Classic and All-Star game, and wasted momentum from one of their best seasons in the last fifteen years so why should I be surprised?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1114 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

But if I'm right, and we CAN stop this thing.... Gary... you would have saved the sanity of millions of paying hockey fans.

:clap2:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#1115 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Yaaay no media and undisclosed location. Time got get seriousssss.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#1116 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Yaaay no media and undisclosed location. Time got get seriousssss.

Yeah but I don't know how seriously I can take mediator-led meetings now that the NHL's made it abundantly clear they don't want mediators (and don't want Fehr either) and are just going to go through the motions for another day or two before they break down again on Friday.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1117 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Things are a bit different now though than when they used mediators last time around.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#1118 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

I read that Bill Simmons recently Tweeted how it really sucks that here in the U.S. fans have to go to TSN or other Canadian media to get our info on the negotiations. I completely agree with him.

Yes, I know that there are some good U.S. writers covering it, but still, it drives me crazy that not even the NHL Network is addressing it. As for ESPN not talking about it, I've long ago come to expect that.

#1119 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

I read that Bill Simmons recently Tweeted how it really sucks that here in the U.S. fans have to go to TSN or other Canadian media to get our info on the negotiations. I completely agree with him.

Yes, I know that there are some good U.S. writers covering it, but still, it drives me crazy that not even the NHL Network is addressing it. As for ESPN not talking about it, I've long ago come to expect that.

Well not on TV anyway, if you gets SIRIUSXM they talk about the CBA and other hockey stuff there. But yeah you'd think the TV network would 'at least' show some of the TSN coverage of meetings and whatnot. I guess they just want to maintain total neutrality somehow.

Things are a bit different now though than when they used mediators last time around.

The NHL didn't want mediators um...five days ago? How have things changed in the last five days unless they've 'already' had secret meetings we don't know about. I fear this is just another PR stunt/dog and pony show.

#1120 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

The NHL didn't want mediators um...five days ago? How have things changed in the last five days unless they've 'already' had secret meetings we don't know about. I fear this is just another PR stunt/dog and pony show.

The fact that they are having the meeting in an undisclosed location away from the media indicates just the opposite. I think that mediation was just about killing time until the BoG meeting.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users