NFL Week 6!

CRASHER

I know a loss is a loss in the NFL.. but two losses decided by 1 point, and another loss by 2 points off a missed FG. The Patriots are still dominant as far as I'm concerned. They could easily be 6-0.

It's how those two of those losses happened that is disconcerting. The Arizona game, missed field goals happen sometimes. But the Baltimore loss and today's loss, I have seen that happen a lot the past five years or so...the NE defense can't be trusted with the game on the line. It's a major weakness, and it's obvious that one-possession games in the fourth quarter are going to be a problem for this team. Baltimore and Seattle both marched right down the field with NO resistance.

The Texans, like the Falcons are very overrated. I would have put anything on the Packers tonight if I had the ability. The Texans had beaten no one all year. The Falcons have scraped out victories against the worst teams in the league. There are no dominant teams in the league and not many very good ones either. And depending on how tomorrow goes, there could be only two .500+ teams in the AFC and no one is scared of either the Texans or Ravens. Baltimore's defense is atrocious, and their offense only seems to step up at Home.

The Giants have shown they still play big time ball against the top teams, especially on the road. They might still be my favourites. I have been saying it forever, but I want to see San Fran go with Kapernick. Alex Smith is not the answer there. He was brutal today.

Edited by devilsrule33

The Texans (like the 49ers) are just weak in their passing game....Andre Johnson has been weak this year....and all their passing yards are going to the TEs, they need a WR on the other side to scare people and they'd be ....I'm starting to agree on Alex Smith....that guy got soooo messed up from all the coordinator and system changes in his career....

I still not be shocked to see Arizona go from 4-0 to 5-11 on the season....they can't block ANYONE now :P

Gutty wins from Washington and Seattle (man their defense is LEGIT)

But yeah....this league is a damn crapshoot right now....hell the ENTIRE AFC East is 3-3 :blink:

Manta must need therapy after today:

And supposedly Ngata has an MCL injury too, yikes.

The pressure is on Flacco and Ed Reed's leadership now. There is no way we can overcome these loses with out superhuman efforts on them. I am happy we have some padding at 5-1, its time for the younger kids to step up.

The Texans (like the 49ers) are just weak in their passing game....Andre Johnson has been weak this year....and all their passing yards are going to the TEs, they need a WR on the other side to scare people and they'd be ....I'm starting to agree on Alex Smith....that guy got soooo messed up from all the coordinator and system changes in his career....

I still not be shocked to see Arizona go from 4-0 to 5-11 on the season....they can't block ANYONE now :P

Gutty wins from Washington and Seattle (man their defense is LEGIT)

But yeah....this league is a damn crapshoot right now....hell the ENTIRE AFC East is 3-3 :blink:

Goes to show that yards allowed don't always tell the whole story...the Patriots gained plenty of them, but Seattle made some key plays when they had to, and played better than the yards gained against them would have you believe. They stuffed a run game that had been hot coming in.

Pats did plenty to shoot themselves in the foot yesterday, but their secondary might very well be the worst in football right now. I expect opposing offenses to start attacking it now, more than ever, as they should. McCourty has been a trainwreck since the beginning of last season, but Arrington (who's usually at least decent) is now getting toasted too. It's great when you have a HOF QB who can make up for his bad D by leading his team to 500+ points (as he has the past two seasons, and is on pace to do this season), but at some point, The Genius has to do SOMETHING about this. Brady isn't going to be Brady forever.

Goes to show that yards allowed don't always tell the whole story...the Patriots gained plenty of them, but Seattle made some key plays when they had to, and played better than the yards gained against them would have you believe. They stuffed a run game that had been hot coming in.

Pats did plenty to shoot themselves in the foot yesterday, but their secondary might very well be the worst in football right now. I expect opposing offenses to start attacking it now, more than ever, as they should. McCourty has been a trainwreck since the beginning of last season, but Arrington (who's usually at least decent) is now getting toasted too. It's great when you have a HOF QB who can make up for his bad D by leading his team to 500+ points (as he has the past two seasons, and is on pace to do this season), but at some point, The Genius has to do SOMETHING about this. Brady isn't going to be Brady forever.

It's still way too early. You could substitute Giants for Patriots and Manning for Brady, and you could have been talking about the last year's Giants at this time in the season.

It's still way too early. You could substitute Giants for Patriots and Manning for Brady, and you could have been talking about the last year's Giants at this time in the season.

I say they win 10 games with their offense alone...they will score somewhere in the neighborhood of 480 points. Brady is still Brady and the Pats have too many weapons on offense to be shut down. But that D has already cost them two games. Even a rookie QB had no trouble picking them apart with the game on the line.

They are clearly Super Bowl pretenders at this point.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I say they win 10 games with their offense alone...they will score somewhere in the neighborhood of 480 points. Brady is still Brady and the Pats have too many weapons on offense to be shut down. But that D has already cost them two games. Even a rookie QB had no trouble picking them apart with the game on the line.

They are clearly Super Bowl pretenders at this point.

They are better than last year when they went to the Superbowl. Their D was ranked last in almost everything last season

They are better than last year when they went to the Superbowl. Their D was ranked last in almost everything last season

They're not really much better. Their rushing against totals are down, but they're giving up just five yards less passing per game than last season, and give up big chunks of yardage in the air. A rookie threw on them with absolutely no fear yesterday.

And don't go by rankings...the Pats' problem isn't so much the amount of points they give up (they were middle-of-the-pack last season, despite being ranked next to last in yards allowed), it's WHEN they give points up. They have been failing with the game on the line in big games since the AFC Championship game against the Colts. Brady is taking some heat for yesterday's game, and granted, he did not have one of his better games, but to me this one is completely on the defense and The Genius...the offense has been bailing out The Genius' D for almost all of the last two seasons...when have they ever done the same for the offense? Brady and Co. are doing their job about as well as can be expected...they can't be expected to be perfect and 100% on every single friggin' game.

They're not really much better. Their rushing against totals are down, but they're giving up just five yards less passing per game than last season, and give up big chunks of yardage in the air. A rookie threw on them with absolutely no fear yesterday.

And don't go by rankings...the Pats' problem isn't so much the amount of points they give up (they were middle-of-the-pack last season, despite being ranked next to last in yards allowed), it's WHEN they give points up. They have been failing with the game on the line in big games since the AFC Championship game against the Colts. Brady is taking some heat for yesterday's game, and granted, he did not have one of his better games, but to me this one is completely on the defense and The Genius...the offense has been bailing out The Genius' D for almost all of the last two seasons...when have they ever done the same for the offense? Brady and Co. are doing their job about as well as can be expected...they can't be expected to be perfect and 100% on every single friggin' game.

I don't think you can say the defense cost them yesterday's game. It was Brady who took the intentional grounding penalty at the end of the half costing them 3 points. He threw the pick in the endzone when a TD surely would have ended the game. And they settled for 3 field goals in the red zone. Even with Brady throwing for almost 400 yards, they didn't do enough offensively. NE isn't going to win many games scoring 23 points against any team.

I don't think you can say the defense cost them yesterday's game. It was Brady who took the intentional grounding penalty at the end of the half costing them 3 points. He threw the pick in the endzone when a TD surely would have ended the game. And they settled for 3 field goals in the red zone. Even with Brady throwing for almost 400 yards, they didn't do enough offensively. NE isn't going to win many games scoring 23 points against any team.

23 points isn't great, but the defense should be able to make that stand up once in a while...the offense definitely should've put more points on the board than they did, but it's not like they did nothing. It's like I said, Brady has covered for that mess BB has been putting on the field time and time again. It'd be nice to see them pick him up when he's not at his best.

23 points isn't great, but the defense should be able to make that stand up once in a while...the offense definitely should've put more points on the board than they did, but it's not like they did nothing. It's like I said, Brady has covered for that mess BB has been putting on the field time and time again. It'd be nice to see them pick him up when he's not at his best.

It's funny because it's been pretty much the same for the other great QBs like Rodgers and Brees the last few years too. Neither of those guys have had much of any running game or any defense. The team's go by the way of Brees and Rodgers.