NFL Week 17....bye bye anti-football......

CRASHER

They can be shut down easily by a good defense.

The Eagles were tied with Denver for most yards per play and were 4th in points scored, and that was with Vick/Barkley combining to throw nearly 40% of the team's passes. Foles has been one of the best QB's in the league since stepping in, McCoy is easily one of the best RB's. I wouldn't be so quick to discount what they can do on offense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000307053/article/jim-schwartz-fired-by-detroit-lions-after-five-seasons

Jim Schwartz fired!

Talk about a guy who did jack-sh!t. 29 fvcking wins in 80 games coached. 4 losing seasons out of 5. How the hell did he even last 5 years?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000307053/article/jim-schwartz-fired-by-detroit-lions-after-five-seasons

Jim Schwartz fired!

Talk about a guy who did jack-sh!t. 29 fvcking wins in 80 games coached. 4 losing seasons out of 5. How the hell did he even last 5 years?

Ask Matt Millen...that clown held onto his job for how long?

Ask Matt Millen...that clown held onto his job for how long?

To be fair, he took over a historically bad team....0-16. It had Calvin Johnson and not much else. Within 3 years, getting it to 10-6 was quite the feat. But they took a giant step back last year at 4-12. Do you fire him then -- just a year removed from their first playoff season in 12 years? Debatable, but their performance down the stretch this season made it the easiest firing of the off-season, in my opinion.

To be fair, he took over a historically bad team....0-16. It had Calvin Johnson and not much else. Within 3 years, getting it to 10-6 was quite the feat. But they took a giant step back last year at 4-12. Do you fire him then -- just a year removed from their first playoff season in 12 years? Debatable, but their performance down the stretch this season made it the easiest firing of the off-season, in my opinion.

He had a young team that never grew up and matured under him.....if anything his immaturity and stupidity had rubbed off on the team year after year and blowing the NFC North with Chicago and Green Bay dead to rights.....was totally inexcusable....

Too bad he'll probably wind up at Penn State if O'Brien gets an NFL job.

That will make me PLENTY sick.....guy slimes out....gets an NFL job he had NO business getting....and gets rewarded with his dream job??? That just ain't right......

Hell of a game by Blount today...what a friggin' beast he was.  Usually it's Brady who has to overcome BB and Puppetricia's D (which was well on its way towards fvcking up another game in the 4th quarter...Pats score, then the Bills march right down the field with relative ease).  This time it was Blount playing the role of savior, both rushing (189 yards and 2 TDs) and on special teams (two huge returns for 145 yards).  The Pats D had given up TDs on the Bills' previous two drives and the Bills had a guy wide open on a 4th-and-2...the ball was right in his hands, but thankfully he dropped it...otherwise it would've likely been 3 straight TDs.  Thank God the Bills beat themselves on that one...Pats D always needs as much help as it can get.   

Great job by Edelman this year too (105 catches).

Thank God for the bye...and for Ron Gronkowski while the Pats had him...they never get that #2 seed without his contributions. 

You keep writing them and I'll keep commenting. The Patriots have Tom Brady. And their coach. There isn't much else with their injuries that make them much better than any non-playoff team at all. This was the best coaching job of Bill's career, and he should be neck and neck with Ron Rivera for coach of the year. Hard to quantify, but Bill probably had a better regular seaosn than Tom Brady did.

You are asking way too much from this no name defense that lost their two best players.  And maybe you aren't impressed enough with this undrafted offense too. The Patriots defense not being Chicago or Dallas bad is impressive enough.  

I was referring only to Matt Millen as the "clown".   

You keep writing them and I'll keep commenting. The Patriots have Tom Brady. And their coach. There isn't much else with their injuries that make them much better than any non-playoff team at all. This was the best coaching job of Bill's career, and he should be neck and neck with Ron Rivera for coach of the year. Hard to quantify, but Bill probably had a better regular seaosn than Tom Brady did.

You are asking way too much from this no name defense that lost their two best players.  And maybe you aren't impressed enough with this undrafted offense too. The Patriots defense not being Chicago or Dallas bad is impressive enough.  

Brady saw most of his receiving corp taken away from him (through a variety of circumstances...not blaming anyone in the Patriot organization for that), yet still put up solid numbers.  He could've put up more TDs if he wanted to, but the Pats actually had their running backs run the ball for TDs when the circumstances called for it.  I thought the offense would score around 400-425 points or so, and they exceeded that (though they were clearly more prolific with Gronk in the lineup).  I rarely criticize the offense.  They did a terrific job this season.     

I'm not asking the Patriot D to be world-beaters.  I'd take solidly average or upper bottom-half.  To their credit, like I've always pointed out, they manage to keep the points down, in relation to the number of yards they give up.  But it's been a shaky unit now for a long time, injuries or no injuries, and like I've pointed out, the level of QBs they struggle against is maddening.  Thad Lewis almost led a comeback against them.  Jason Campbell tore them up.  So did Tannehill, who then got shut down by the Bills and the Jets.  Thank God for the dropped 4th-and-2 pass, and later the onside kick giving the Pats great field position (and Blount having an awesome game, as he ran the ball for 10 yards, then a 35-yard-TD to ice the game).  Actually, if not for Blount, the Bills probably don't try the onside kick, but they were having trouble with the run all day. 

If the Pats win one playoff game, I'll think they did a hell of a job...they did that just getting a bye week, really.  No way I can expect them to go into Denver and win that game if the Pats win their home playoff game...if the Pats get to host a second home game by virtue of Denver losing, it gets interesting for sure, and if they won THAT game, then even if they lose by 20+ points in the Super Bowl, I'll still be thrilled with what they did in the playoffs. 

You jest but there really are a lot of BAD defenses in the league.  Some of that's the rules and the way the game is now but still, too many of these teams have absolutely no hope of stopping any offense at all, not just the Brady/Brees/Peyton/Rodgers juggernauts.  Seems like half the decent-good D's in the league are all in the NFC West.

Yup, like I said before if Arizona or St Louis were in a different division they'd be in the playoffs, that division is stacked on defense. Philly has its days same as new Orleans with defense, Houston has a good defense as well already and seems like there gonna go with Clowney in the draft.

You jest but there really are a lot of BAD defenses in the league. Some of that's the rules and the way the game is now but still, too many of these teams have absolutely no hope of stopping any offense at all, not just the Brady/Brees/Peyton/Rodgers juggernauts. Seems like half the decent-good D's in the league are all in the NFC West.