81 replies to this topic

#61 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

That is such a reach. What source do you have of Chinese gangs selling knock off jerseys? And you can't possibly tell me that's your reason for buying the authentics. There aren't blood diamonds it's cloth and patches give me a fvcking break. And as for me not supporting my team, I buy regular apperal from them, but why give them more than i have to when the NHL collectively has proven they don't care about their fans.

Do some quick research on knockoff jerseys and there are plenty of articles showing that it had links to organized crime. I mean where the hell you think it is coming from and has enough capital over there to start this?

#62 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

If you can find a knockoff that looks exactly like the real thing, go for it. However, I have yet to see a hockey jersey knockoff that isn't obviously a knockoff. That's why my personal preference is to buy the real thing. And yes, people can tell. If they couldn't, this thread wouldn't even exist.

My thoughts exactly!

Wearing a knockoff is like driving a rusted out 1971 Ford Pinto with no bumpers but thinking you look just as good as the guy at the traffic light next to you in his 2012 Aston Martin.

I personally don't care if other people wear knockoffs, but I just think they look awful. It's so easy to spot a fake and I cringe when I see how bad some of them are.

And as others have said...it is not expensive to get a truly authentic jersey. MeiGray sells blank authentics for under $100. Getting them customized by Exclusive Pro only costs $65 or so. That's $165 for an EXACT copy of the on-ice jerseys the Devils wear. A great deal.

Edited by JWomp, 14 January 2013 - 08:41 AM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#63 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Posted Image

Compared to my authentic from Meigray/Exclusive pro:

Posted Image

I've seen worse fakes than the one posted in this thread, but I still think the real thing is a million times nicer.

Edited by JWomp, 14 January 2013 - 08:51 AM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#64 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

i don't think no one here is arguing that the real thing is not a lot nicer. Of course it is... just like a BMW is a lot more nicer than a civic...

it's just that some people are fine with the cheap knockout and can't justify spending an extra $100+ for a jersey.

www.SterioDesign.com

#65 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

In my opinion, the best solution is to just get one of the old style CCMs on ebay. You can usually find them for like $50 and you don't have to resort to wearing a counterfeit, which ALL have the wrong font, usually in addition to bubbling, wrong shade of red, wrong spacing in the stripes, and/or a crooked crest.

this is what i do. mostly because i just prefer the older style to the new, but you can usually find a decent deal for a good used jersey thats in relatively good condition. got my nieuwendyk jersey for like $30 this way.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#66 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

My thoughts exactly!

Wearing a knockoff is like driving a rusted out 1971 Ford Pinto with no bumpers but thinking you look just as good as the guy at the traffic light next to you in his 2012 Aston Martin.

I personally don't care if other people wear knockoffs, but I just think they look awful. It's so easy to spot a fake and I cringe when I see how bad some of them are.

And as others have said...it is not expensive to get a truly authentic jersey. MeiGray sells blank authentics for under $100. Getting them customized by Exclusive Pro only costs $65 or so. That's $165 for an EXACT copy of the on-ice jerseys the Devils wear. A great deal.

But nobody that's pro fake is saying they're as good. Personally, I don't understand the need for a perfect looking jersey. Sure it would be nice but it's nothing i'm going to lose sleep over. Plus, as I stated before, I'd rather pour money into 4 jerseys and support my team that way than one solid one.

And regarding MeiGray, can you point me to the wearable jerseys? Everything I see on that site is like, game worn/signed jerseys and memorabilia
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#67 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

These are not working parents looking for jerseys for their kids. According to the profiles of most of the people on the thread they are 18-25 year olds.

Also they know better because they are admitting they are buying knockoffs.

When I see posts from people who are crying poverty over jerseys yet got to a ton of games a year I just find it odd. If you don't want to spill things on your jersey then don't wear it to games. I've been to plenty of games without a jersey on.

For clarification, I would NEVER wear a Devils jersey to a Devils game...that is just not me. To each his own. I am a street clothes or after work clothes kinda guy at games.

This thread was started so I could get a few random jerseys (just ordered a yellow, old school Mario Lemieux jersey) to play adult hockey with...that is it, nothing more, nothing less.

I should have clarified a long time ago, but the debate was a fun one.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#68 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

But nobody that's pro fake is saying they're as good. Personally, I don't understand the need for a perfect looking jersey. Sure it would be nice but it's nothing i'm going to lose sleep over. Plus, as I stated before, I'd rather pour money into 4 jerseys and support my team that way than one solid one.

And regarding MeiGray, can you point me to the wearable jerseys? Everything I see on that site is like, game worn/signed jerseys and memorabilia

http://www.meigray.c...dParentID=57411

It's in the Clearance section

Also when you buy 4 fake jerseys, the royalties for use of the logo is not going to the Devils. That is not supporting the team.

Edited by DevsMan84, 14 January 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#69 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

What do you care what MUTUAL fans wear? You sound like a catty woman that can't believe Brian is wearing his fake Elias jersey. What do you care what clothes people that aren't you wear? Just take a step back and read what you;re typing.

Word to that.

"No wayyyyyyy Martha! That is NOT a real Louie bag...no way no how!"
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#70 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

nvm

Edited by DevsMan84, 14 January 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#71 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

http://www.meigray.c...dParentID=57411

It's in the Clearance section

Also when you buy 4 fake jerseys, the royalties for use of the logo is not going to the Devils. That is not supporting the team.

well buying a game worn jersey or any other kind of 2nd hand jersey doesnt give royalties to the devils either. its been "bought" already. not really sure tho but if theres any extra money from that its probly going to the NHL instead which im sure we dont feel like supporting much.

www.SterioDesign.com

#72 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

well buying a game worn jersey or any other kind of 2nd hand jersey doesnt give royalties to the devils either. its been "bought" already. not really sure tho but if theres any extra money from that its probly going to the NHL instead which im sure we dont feel like supporting much.

The royalties go to the Devils on the original purchase by Meigray. When you buy a knockoff, none of the money from any of the purchases of that jersey goes toward the Devils.

#73 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

For clarification, I would NEVER wear a Devils jersey to a Devils game...that is just not me. To each his own. I am a street clothes or after work clothes kinda guy at games.

No offense, but why? I have always wondered why people who own a Devils jersey sometimes go to games in normal clothes. It would seem to me that the most fitting place to wear a Devils jersey would be a Devils game.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#74 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

No offense, but why? I have always wondered why people who own a Devils jersey sometimes go to games in normal clothes. It would seem to me that the most fitting place to wear a Devils jersey would be a Devils game.

Do whatever makes you happy, I say. Yeah, some of the knockoffs can look REALLY bad, and yeah, I wouldn't want to wear them myself...but for some people, that really is all they can afford. Or maybe they're so new to the game that they don't realize that whatever they're wearing isn't terribly accurate.

Here is how I see it, if I see them at a Devils game:
1) They're rooting for the Devils.
2) They've bought a ticket, which only helps the Devils cause.
3) In time, if their budget increases, or they find a good deal, maybe they'll upgrade.

At least they're in the building and spending what they can.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#75 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

I always feel out of place if I'm not wearing my jersey there. Even if I have a jacket over it I feel weird
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#76 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

These knock off jerseys are really hit or miss. Some are terrible, some are really good

#77 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

These knock off jerseys are really hit or miss. Some are terrible, some are really good

I really have not seen a knockoff jersey that is remotely good. Whether its a Dorholt knockoff or Chinese knockoff, they all look terrible IMO.

#78 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I bought one from supejerseys.com and it seems decent. They seem to run on the small side though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One more thing before we can lay this thread to rest, I ordered my Kovalchuk jersey probably two years ago and it's a size 48. It's not terribly small but it's not a comfortable wear either. So how does that fit you? I'm like 5'10 200 and thinking about getting the 50
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#79 bjd3vil

bjd3vil

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

One more thing before we can lay this thread to rest, I ordered my Kovalchuk jersey probably two years ago and it's a size 48. It's not terribly small but it's not a comfortable wear either. So how does that fit you? I'm like 5'10 200 and thinking about getting the 50

It is tight on me. I am two inches shorter than you but heavier. I would think you would be ok with a 50, but the 54 is snug on me.

#80 giodude

giodude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

My problem is finding small jerseys, i need a 46 authentic, maybe a 50. and MeiGray has nothing smaller than a 56.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users