NFL Week 1!!

CRASHER

Romo made a star out of a scrub in Laurent Robinson last year, and now he's doing it again with Ogletree. At least Miles Austin (another guy that came out of nowhere to be a #1) finally showed up, I thought he blew another tire when Ogletree started putting up these great numbers.

Romo has been awesome, can't really say any more than that. Running game really came alive in the 2nd half too.

Victor Cruz has the drops tonight.

Barring something insane, big first win for Dallas.

Insane? Like what happened last year in Dallas? There's still too much time left.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insane? Like what happened last year in Dallas? There's still too much time left.

I'd be pretty stunned if they blew a 2-TD lead with less than 3.5 minutes to play. I know it happened last year, but how often does that happen?

By the way, totally sorry if I jinx you Cowboys fans. :P

Edited by nmigliore

I'd be pretty stunned if they blew a 2-TD lead with less than 3.5 minutes to play. I know it happened last year, but how often does that happen?

Be ready to eat a Stone Cold Stunner son....here it comes.......

Haha Kevin Ogletree with a HUGE catch on 3rd and long. Pretty fitting considering the game he's had.

Crash you can relax now; no stone cold stunner for me. :D

I don't mind being wrong....but how in the bloody blue hell did THIS happen??

The secondary does look pretty awesome I gotta say....and Murray closed it out BIG TIME.....WOW!!!!!

That really happened right??

I'm not turning off Madden now???

I don't mind being wrong....but how in the bloody blue hell did THIS happen??

Everybody boasts about the Giants' pass-rush but the rest of that defense isn't that great and the Cowboys DO have some pretty sweet weapons on offense (Murray looks like a massive steal for a 3rd rounder). They'll be very tough to stop when Romo is locked in like he was tonight. I was more surprised by Dallas' defensive effort. Keeping NY out of the endzone after the lone INT by Romo, where the Giants started on the 2-yard line, was very impressive.

Edited by nmigliore

Had a feeling the Giants were going to lose this one going in...just seems to be their MO, the kind of game they lose. But they'll win their 9 or 10 games and make the playoffs and throw a major scare into every team they face come playoff time. As we saw in both recent Super Bowl runs, they can look like a "meh" kind of team for multiple games.

Yeah I don't want to sound like a sore loser but I had a bad feeling coming into this game and a worse feeling leaving it. Social media has been terrible with fake fans saying all kinds of stupid stuff. Bottom line is the left side of the offensive line is HORRIBLE. Kevin Boothe leads the charge and the Giants are going to have a long season if he needs to start 16 games. The dude can't even get to the second level without tripping over his own feet.

The run game scheme was just as bad. I get that the Cowboys are pretty quick with their ends, but don't pull the playside guard (who was none other than Kevin Boothe, a lot of the time) to try and log one of the ends or backers.

If the Giants are going to be a 10 win team, they are going to need to work from shotgun a lot. Keep Wilson and Bradshaw in for help on the leftside if need be. Run the two minute offense because that is where Eli shines brighter than any quarterback in the league, doe.

On defense, I'd like to see more of Herzlich. Blackburn is one of my favorite players but he was slow on run support all night. When you have sh!tty corners, stick them man on man with help over the top and inside. You cannot play cover 2 and be looking in at the quarterback. Just terrible scheming. Bump and run and bring pressure. You have no choice when your secondary is that depleted. Better off to gamble and hope sack/int rather than be slowly killed down the field because your corners cannot stop a damn slant. TAKE AWAY THE DAMN INSIDE.

I love that the best ESPN commercial ever comes up blank considering how much I despise ESPN :lol:

And speaking of people I love seeing take it to the face....I'm BEYOND THRILLED that Roger Goodell and his idiot witch hunt with the stupid bounty saga took one right between the eyes with the Judge giving his appeal to the Saints players :boogie:

Terrific job by Sanchez thus far. His arm actually looks STRONGER...and the 1 int was bullsh!t since the Bill clearly had his foot out of bounds

The wildcat has been meh. Couple of plays for like 3-4 a pop.

The Jets have done a nice job spreading the ball to all receivers.

Exciting finishes in Green Bay and Arizona (who knew?). That was a really impressive victory by San Francisco; they shut down Aaron Rodgers when they needed to and Alex Smith continues to look like 2011 wasn't a fluke. In Arizona, Kevin Kolb plays hero and Seattle was handed a 4th timeout with about 30 seconds left at Arizona's 4 yard line... and still couldn't find the end zone on 3 consecutive pass plays. I don't think Bill Simmons enjoyed this one too much.

Philly (barely) escaped from Cleveland in a near-upset that would've destroyed millions (billons?) of survival pools. :lol:

Stafford was pretty crappy in another near-upset against St. Louis but he made up for it with a fantastic 2-minute drill. Kind of feel bad for St. Louis, it really looked like they had that game stolen after they took the lead.

Didn't see the game, but RGIII: wow.

Edited by nmigliore

Buffalo at NY Jets

Mark Sanchez threw his best long bomb of the season in having dinner with Eva Longoria this Sunday…..And lil TimmUHAY Teebow’s praying already…oh wait…he always does that…my bad…the Jet offense looked historically bad in the pre-season (and while I don’t value that much, you look at the personnel they have and it only validates what you thought before the season started….the Bills are healthy, improved and KINGS of flying out the gate early and making some noise….and they look like a pretty solid team ….at least so far….you can tout and puff up the Jet D all you want…but until I see an ELITE pass rusher on that team I can’t take them too serious OR call them elite myself….and with this offense that D is gonna be out there 40 minutes plus a game…that’s not a good thing….this is a MUST win for the Bills if they want to get this season off on the right track…..I gotta take them…..

Winner: Bills

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Exciting finishes in Green Bay and Arizona (who knew?). That was a really impressive victory by San Francisco; they shut down Aaron Rodgers when they needed to and Alex Smith continues to look like 2011 wasn't a fluke. In Arizona, Kevin Kolb plays hero and Seattle was handed a 4th timeout with about 30 seconds left at Arizona's 4 yard line... and still couldn't find the end zone on 3 consecutive pass plays. I don't think Bill Simmons enjoyed this one too much.

Philly (barely) escaped from Cleveland in a near-upset that would've destroyed millions (billons?) of survival pools. :lol:

Stafford was pretty crappy in another near-upset against St. Louis but he made up for it with a fantastic 2-minute drill. Kind of feel bad for St. Louis, it really looked like they had that game stolen after they took the lead.

Didn't see the game, but RGIII: wow.

This is why Week 1 and Week 17 are the ROUGHEST weeks to predict in all of football....

I'm worried about the Packers and Saints now personally....this Sunday Night game is ugly as hell, and there was about 10 WTF games today :blink:

Plus we had no Direct TV at the bar....AGAIN :rant:

NFL Red Zone showed a LOT of Luck and RG 3 today..... Griffin was....WOW...I'm curious to how much of that was awful Saints D.....each time they featured that game we NEVER saw Brees with the ball....

Also why I took the Pats in week 1 for survivor....do NOT mess around week 1 :P

We'll see ....one season is not made in one week....there's a reason I'm not thumping about the Cowboys either......

This is why Week 1 and Week 17 are the ROUGHEST weeks to predict in all of football....

And the worst thing about Week 1 is that everyone (or so it seems) who is 1-0 thinks they're Super Bowl-bound, and all of the 0-1 teams are in serious trouble. I remember after the Pats got shut out by the Bledsoe-led Bills 31-0 in Week 1 and Brady threw four picks, right away it was the Patriots kept the wrong QB, and they never should have let Lawyer Milloy go, etc. All the Pats did after that horrible Week 1 (and it WAS as bas as the score would indicate) was lose one more game on the way to winning the Super Bowl...beating those same Bills in Week 17 by a score of...31-0.

But with a week to talk about a bad Week 1 loss, they have a way of getting blown up, as do with Week 1 wins. Nothing to compare them to.